Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnkys Irish Horse Bets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

sonnky wrote: »
    Dundalk 3.10: Wexford Opera 2pts @ 13/8 4th

Dundalk 3.40: Invincible Ridge 1pt @ 6/1 6th

Dundalk 3.40: Katla .5pts e/w @ 22/1 14th

Dundalk 4.10: Nurpur 2pts @ 3/1 2nd

Dundalk 4.40: Misty Lane 1pt @ 9/2 2nd

Dundalk 5.10: Merkel 1pt e/w @ 12/1 11th

Dundalk 5.40: Free Spin 1pt @ 5/1 Won +6

Dundalk 6.10: Akasaka .5pts e/w @ 20/1 13th

Total Bet: 11pts
    Total Won: 6pts
    Profit/Loss: -5pts

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    There are obviously winners in there, just need to cut out some of the losers. Recently started taking horse racing more seriously myself and the main thing I've done is make way less bets and it's going much better. Hope to see you with a profitable log soon.

Ya, I agree! thanks for the support and advice anyways!

Tramore 3.50: Carro Lad 2pt @ 43/20 5th

Tramore 4.20: Friendly Society .5pts e/w @ 12/1PU

Tramore 4.50: The Rossmeister 1pt e\w @ 11/1PU

Tramore 5.20: Banrion Na Boinne 1pt e/w @ 13/23rd+2.62

Total Bet: 7pts
    Total Won: 2.62pts
    Profit/Loss -4.38

4th

NR+2

2nd

Tramore 3.55: The Galway Clock .5pts e/w 4th

Tramore 4.25: Gimlis Rock 2pts @ 2nd

2nd

Tramore 5.25: Fastey 1pt @ 4th

Roscommon 5.05: King Of The Romans 3pts @ 4th

Total Bet:13pts
    Total Won: 2pts
    Profit/Loss:-11pts

5.40 fit the cove 1pt e\w @ 8.1 +3pts
    6.10 somthing graceful 1pt @ 7.17th
    6.40 speed dial 1pt @ 20/19th
    7.10moon dice 2pt @ 4.1Fell
    7.40khan tengri 1pt @ 5/1Won +6pts
    8.10 summer star 3pts @ evens5th

Total Bet:10pts
    Total Won:9pts
    Profit/Loss:-1pt

• Advertisement

Old Bank:97pts
    New Bank: 59.22pts

Over the last few days I have done terribly. With a loss of 37.78 pts! But I will be cutting down my picks soon so I can try and get a bit more profit! Hopefully I will do better over the next few days.

Bellewstown Thursday:

5.00: Shadow Eile(NAP) 5pts @ 4/9

Class act in a very weak mares hurdle. Should win at a hack. Likely 2nd favourite Spring Hawk is 22lbs inferior in the ratings and only gets 8lbs here.

5.30: Distant Memories 3pts @ 2/1

A good 8th in the supreme at Cheltenham and that sets the standard here. Had a nice pipe opener at Galway when 2nd on the flat and could go well again.

6.00: Bulletproof 1pt @ 8/1

This one won last time and I like his chances again today as he's only 6 and still improving. Keep an eye out for rockazar as well. The ground is a worry now though.

6.30: Redera .5pts e/w @ 12/1

Ran really well in the County hurdle at Cheltenham to finish 8th and although he has a big weight to carry here he might be able to pull it off under his 7lb claiming jockey.

6.30: Face Value 1pt e\w @ 12.1

He is far too big a price at 12/1 after 2 wins in a row. He gets a 4yo allowance here and Keith Donoghue takes off 3 more pounds. He should run a big race here.

7.00: Gate Please 1pt e/w @ 3/1

Impressive winner of a bumper at Galway and previously a point winner, he will be suited by a step up in trip and if he takes to jumping he's a got a good e/w shout.

7.35: Talab 1pt @ 16/1

Won his maiden hurdle over course and distance two years ago and was then placed off 109 in a Leopardstown handicap. Coming back to form lately and with Bryan Cooper up he could win.

8.05: Four Wives .5pts e/w @ 16/1

Half sister to Mariah Rollins a G1 winner over fences. This one can be excused for her debut on ground that was very heavy,and on better going she might have a squeak here.

Tipperary Thursday:
    5.45: Designs On Rome 2pts @ 15/8
    6.20: Yellow Rosebud 2pts @ 9/4
    6.50: Japelli 1pt @ 10/3
    7.25: Bold Thady Quill 1pt e/w @ 4/1
    7.55: Southsouthwest 1pt e/w @ 7/1

Bellewstown Thursday:

5.00: Shadow Eile(NAP) 5pts @ 4/9 Won +7.22

Class act in a very weak mares hurdle. Should win at a hack. Likely 2nd favourite Spring Hawk is 22lbs inferior in the ratings and only gets 8lbs here.

5.30: Distant Memories 3pts @ 2/1 2nd

A good 8th in the supreme at Cheltenham and that sets the standard here. Had a nice pipe opener at Galway when 2nd on the flat and could go well again.

6.00: Bulletproof 1pt @ 8/1 6th

This one won last time and I like his chances again today as he's only 6 and still improving. Keep an eye out for rockazar as well. The ground is a worry now though.

6.30: Redera .5pts e/w @ 12/1 NR +1

Ran really well in the County hurdle at Cheltenham to finish 8th and although he has a big weight to carry here he might be able to pull it off under his 7lb claiming jockey.

6.30: Face Value 1pt e\w @ 12.1 10th

He is far too big a price at 12/1 after 2 wins in a row. He gets a 4yo allowance here and Keith Donoghue takes off 3 more pounds. He should run a big race here.

7.00: Gate Please 1pt e/w @ 3/1 5th

Impressive winner of a bumper at Galway and previously a point winner, he will be suited by a step up in trip and if he takes to jumping he's a got a good e/w shout.

7.35: Talab 1pt @ 16/1 NR +1

Won his maiden hurdle over course and distance two years ago and was then placed off 109 in a Leopardstown handicap. Coming back to form lately and with Bryan Cooper up he could win.

8.05: Four Wives .5pts e/w @ 16/1 NR +1

Half sister to Mariah Rollins a G1 winner over fences. This one can be excused for her debut on ground that was very heavy,and on better going she might have a squeak here.

Total Spent: 16pts
    Total Won: 10.22
    Profit/Loss:-5.78
    :(

Tipperary Thursday:
    5.45: Designs On Rome 2pts @ 15/8 2nd
    6.20: Yellow Rosebud 2pts @ 9/4 2nd
    6.50: Japelli 1pt @ 10/3 Won +4.33
    7.25: Bold Thady Quill 1pt e/w @ 4/1 3rd
    7.55: Southsouthwest 1pt e/w @ 7/1 7th

Total Spent: 9pts
    Total Won: 4.33
    Profit/Loss: -4.67

Another bad day, I am going to pick 2 or 3 races a day anymore to see if I can do any better!

Old Bank: 59.22pts
    Profit/Loss: 10.45pts
    New Bank: 48.77

So my bank has now halved so I need to pick it up now and start getting more winners. I am hitting the crossbar too much.

• Advertisement

Took a bit of a break but I'm back now! They go at Ballinrobe tonight and I think the Great Shangai should win the last!

8.00: The Great Shangai 3.77pts @ Evens

Not the greatest price in the world but I reckon The Great Shangai should be odds on in this small field of five. This 7 year old started off his career in point to points in late January and on his first couple of starts he was pulled up. He probably took a few runs to get fit so I think I will ignore those efforts.

His next start in the points was when he finished a well beaten 6th although that was an improvement on his first 2 starts. He improved further next time out where he finished a decent 2nd to Oscar Leney. That run was on good to Yielding and on that occasion he was beaten by a better stayer.

Then he made his debut under rules in July and he won his maiden hurdle impressively as he stayed on over 2miles to get up in the dying strides. The runner up Ted Dolly won since at Cork beating the third from the Cheltenham bumper so that form looks strong. Next time at Galway on his chase debut he again stayed on strongly but this time was just beaten by Tabhactach whom was getting 5lbs off The Great Shangai. The form of that Galway race has worked out fairly well with quite a few runners placed next time out.

I think tonight in a weak 5 runner field the main danger to the Great Shangai would be the small field as the least number of runnner's he's faced is 13. The step up in trip will suit him and is unexposed compared to his rivals. Matthew Bowes takes off a nice 5lbs so he is getting weight from all bar 1 runner. The only danger I can see is if one horse goes off in front and gets too far away but I do think if that doesn't happen The Great Shangai should win it and go on to bigger and better things.

6.30 Ballinrobe: Fibril 1pt @ 8/1

This looks to be a weak 3yo handicap and although Daigreen is a worthy favorite following a course and distance victory 15 days ago. However an 8lb rise and heavier going may stop a repeat victory and instead a chance is taken on the inconsistent Fibril. His trainer Gerard O Leary has a small yard where he trains 10 horses and has had no winners this season and over the last 5 years he has only had 7 wins! Tonight's jockey Rory Cleary is 0-11 for the yard so it is hard to have confidence in the horse on this aspect.

His last run at Galway wasn't too bad and he had a chance turning in but didn't get up the hill. Two runs previously he had his best run in a while when 3rd on heavy ground at Bellewstown and since that day he has dropped 2lbs in the handicap and gets weight from all bar one rival. If Fibril can bring his A-Game to the table today he has got a live chance.

6.00 Ballinrobe: Jpevie 2pts @ 5/2

Won his maiden last time out and sure to improve again. His stable are in good form with plenty of wins and places in August. Shifting is the main danger as she is well in at the weights but she may not handle the ground. Jpevie is the selection on the basis that he likes the heavy going.

7.00 Ballinrobe: Osana 3pts @ 11/8

Osana is very much overpriced here in a small field here. A very good hurdler on his day. Second in a champion hurdle and a good chaser too, he had been out of form but a good second over 2m 6f at Kilbeggan was followed by a decent 8th at Galway in the plate. If reproducing those efforts he has loads in hand here. Schelm may be one for the forecast following his 2nd last year!

Took a bit of a break but I'm back now! They go at Ballinrobe tonight and I think the Great Shangai should win the last!

8.00: The Great Shangai 3.77pts @ Evens Unseated Rider

Not the greatest price in the world but I reckon The Great Shangai should be odds on in this small field of five. This 7 year old started off his career in point to points in late January and on his first couple of starts he was pulled up. He probably took a few runs to get fit so I think I will ignore those efforts.

His next start in the points was when he finished a well beaten 6th although that was an improvement on his first 2 starts. He improved further next time out where he finished a decent 2nd to Oscar Leney. That run was on good to Yielding and on that occasion he was beaten by a better stayer.

Then he made his debut under rules in July and he won his maiden hurdle impressively as he stayed on over 2miles to get up in the dying strides. The runner up Ted Dolly won since at Cork beating the third from the Cheltenham bumper so that form looks strong. Next time at Galway on his chase debut he again stayed on strongly but this time was just beaten by Tabhactach whom was getting 5lbs off The Great Shangai. The form of that Galway race has worked out fairly well with quite a few runners placed next time out.

I think tonight in a weak 5 runner field the main danger to the Great Shangai would be the small field as the least number of runnner's he's faced is 13. The step up in trip will suit him and is unexposed compared to his rivals. Matthew Bowes takes off a nice 5lbs so he is getting weight from all bar 1 runner. The only danger I can see is if one horse goes off in front and gets too far away but I do think if that doesn't happen The Great Shangai should win it and go on to bigger and better things.

The Great Shanghai made a hash of the 2nd last and Mattie Bowes couldn't stay on board. It is unclear whether he would of won or not as Jakros did it nicely and it looked as though he would be better suited by farther. The Great Shanghai is of interest again next time up!

6.00 Ballinrobe: Jpevie 2pts @ 5/2 Won +7pts

Won his maiden last time out and sure to improve again. His stable are in good form with plenty of wins and places in August. Shifting is the main danger as she is well in at the weights but she may not handle the ground. Jpevie is the selection on the basis that he likes the heavy going.

7.00 Ballinrobe: Osana 3pts @ 11/8 Won +7.12pts

Osana is very much overpriced here in a small field here. A very good hurdler on his day. Second in a champion hurdle and a good chaser too, he had been out of form but a good second over 2m 6f at Kilbeggan was followed by a decent 8th at Galway in the plate. If reproducing those efforts he has loads in hand here. Schelm may be one for the forecast following his 2nd last year!

Two wins from two here.

Picks for early races at Killarney:

Killarney 4.40: Orgilgo Bay 2pts

Killarney 5.55: Alla Speranza 1pt e/w @ 9/1

KILLARNEY IS OFF!

4.15: Alla Speranza 1pt e/w @ 9/1

5.50: Autorization 2pts @ 8/1

6.25: Jacksonslady 5pts @ 4\5

Balance update tonight!

5.50 Killarney Black Benny 1pt @ 7/1

6.10: Down Roayl: Universal Truth 1pt @ 9/1

• Advertisement

4.15: Alla Speranza 1pt e/w @ 9/1 2nd +3.25

Alla Speranza was collared late on by Soon trained by Aidan O Brien!
    5.50: Autorization 2pts @ 8/1 5th

Authorization ran well and is still open to improvement but wants no more than 10 furlongs on the heavy ground, In this race he was in contention but just faded away late on and the same happened at Galway, he is one to keep onside though.
    6.25: Jacksonslady 5pts @ 4\5 Won +9pts
    Balance update tonight!

5.50 Killarney Black Benny 1pt @ 7/1 8th

6.10: Down Roayl: Universal Truth 1pt @ 9/1 7th

Poor runs from the two horses last night though they would go better than that.

Old Bank: 48.77pts
    Total Bet 20.77pts
    Total Won 26.37
    Profit/Loss: 5.60pts
    New Bank: 54.37

Okay a slight improvement in the last few days, with a few winners albeit at short prices but it is better than nothing and hopefully the bank can build back up again. My posts midweek may not be as often as I'm in school but I will post my selections and reasoning if possible. Banks will be updated mainly at the weekends but during the week when I can as well. Todays picks for Killarney are on the way.

Killarney 6.00: Chapter Eleven 2pts @ 16/1

Chapter Eleven may not be the first horse to jump off the page at you in tonight's competitive J & B O'Sullivan Builders Handicap Hurdle at Killarney but she certainly warrants a good deal of respect in this 80-95 handicap. In a 22 race career this mare has remarkably never been placed but has won twice over sticks. The first of those wins came at Ballinrobe in June of last year and she followed up that win at Kilbeggan in August. The first of the two wins came off a mark of 80 which is the mark she runs off today and then in her second win she was racing off 85.

So she is well in tonight and although others are less exposed, Chapter Eleven is dangerous off her current mark. Last time out at Ballinrobe Chapter Eleven was fourth off the same mark. That run was on heavy ground and she will ike today's ground for it is soft, ground on which 1 of her wins was gained. Her other win was on good/yielding so a bit more drying would make this a very confident selection.

A big reason though in choosing this horse is the booking of Paul Carberry. Carberry has ridden for John Carr 3 times this term registiring a win and a place on Turnonthegas. So to me it's obvious the horse has a good chance. Also first time blinkers are applied for this outing so that will hopefully improve her a bit more and give her extra focus at the finish to kick on and win it. I think though she will either win or a tight second or come nowhere as Carberry said he doesn't give a horse a hard time if it's not going to win and she will be saved for another day. I'm extremely hopeful of a very big run off this sort of mark.

Mister Aviation 2pts @ 11/4

Is said to be a bit of a heavy ground horse but beaten 3 times in maidens although not beaten far. fourth and two thirds including a third in a Curragh maiden. The form of that has worked out very well with every horse going on to win since bar the winner The United States(hasn't run and the 7th who also hasn't run) The 8th didn't win either.Grafelli now rated 107 was back in fifth so it was a hot maiden. This lad, for an inform trainer and is worth a punt.

3.50: Great Oak 1pt e/w @ 9/1

Has a good shout here of a place after a good win last time over Dare To Doubt, will like the ground although the jockey is a bit of an unknown. Drive time and Harrisons Caves are obvious dangers.

4.25: Jessie Jane 1pt @ 6/1

Very unexposed in this compettive race and has the potential to improve and is dangerous off his current mark. The ground is a major worry as she was pulled out last time when it was changed to soft but I think her class may see her through.

Mister Aviation 2pts @ 11/4 3rd

Is said to be a bit of a heavy ground horse but beaten 3 times in maidens although not beaten far. fourth and two thirds including a third in a Curragh maiden. The form of that has worked out very well with every horse going on to win since bar the winner The United States(hasn't run and the 7th who also hasn't run) The 8th didn't win either.Grafelli now rated 107 was back in fifth so it was a hot maiden. This lad, for an inform trainer and is worth a punt.

Mister aviation could only manage 3rd I'll get a look at all the races later, but from the race comments I think he was slightly outpaced!

Dundalk 2.20: Farmleih House 1.5pts e/w @ 9/1

Looks well handicapped I think and he should go well. Strike Action is 1 to watch but I think trip is too short

Have a bet on Show court 6.05 in Roscommon . Got him at 13/8 with pp about 30 mins ago! 4pts

well lads sorry for the lack of posts this week busy with school and Homework etc had no time to post on here. Anyways for the mean tine posts will be short and sweet hopefully winning!

Tonights beach meeting at Laytown:

6.40: Under Review 2pts @ 11/2

Gary O Brien has tipped him up so he's shorter than I'd hoped but I think he has a great chance under Leigh Roche here. He won here off 54 two years ago and is 3lbs lower here. Although his form of late has been poor he Should go well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement