Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral thoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't really care provided I can achieve my defection/excommunication from RCC before then.
    Although even then I'm not sure the RCC can be trusted to turn me away. If they'll take an avowed atheist of decades (Maeve Binchy) they'll take anyone, really :(
    This is where 'inclusivity' is a bad thing. It's including people who detest the church but are too dead to object...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

Donating all my organs to those who need them is first on the agenda. Then the rest can go to the College of Surgeons to poke around in whatever's left.

Then the cremation and either be cast out somewhere cool or placed in a custom made, badass urn. My ''funeral'' will be a home affair, where my liquor cabinet will be open season, the service will be mostly non-religious, although any members of my family who are may speak whatever they wish, while the somberish tones of Apocalyptica's covers of Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters'' and ''For Whom The Bell Tolls'' play in the background. Then a giant piss up where everyone laughs at and about me together (hopefully)

I'm putting the ''fun'' back into ''funeral''! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Ideally, I want to be shot into the sun. The whole we are made of stardust thing and returning to the sun has a nice symmetry. Freight rates for orbital shipping are sadly a little extortionate these days. I figure I'll settle on the services of lifegem.com as a fallback plan. They put the family into family heirloom. And if that isn't their motto, it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I really like this -- "not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly":

246981_355175407894870_1634102024_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I don't really care what happens to me but I have an idea that once the good bits of me are given away that I be cremated and scattered on the beach somewhere nice - that way my immediate family will have no choice but to take a nice holiday together. :)

Paid by my good self of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I don't know what I want yet. To be honest it's not something I've given great thought. I think I would like for the particles of me to re enter circulation as quickly as possible, with as wide a spread as possible.

So somehow turned into a fine dust and spread over farmland/from a very high place.

That might seem a bit strange to be sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

All organs taken from me. I'm a pretty healthy person so everything from my liver and kidneys right down to mine eyes could be used by someone less fortunate*. An open casket funeral might be a no-go.

Cremation might even be a waste. If I could be ground down to a protein shake, so be it.

*less fortunate still applies. i'd rather be dead than be missing kidneys, liver and eyes

Advertisement