Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 mins, 200 texts and 15Gb data €20.33 per month for first 3 months from Three

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Website confirms it. Thanks Caroline. I'll be switching tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

karoline wrote: »
    Hi. I spoke with a guy in Three shop and he told me that offer 30 day contract with 350 'flexi Units', unlimited data and free 3 to 3 minutes does NOT expire after 3 months - it did before but NOT anymore - I did ask him few times - YES,HE WAS SURE :)
    I'm thinking about it and all you can eat data + a lot (for me) of minutes and texts is more than enough.
    PLUS three now offers 333 international (just like vodafone and o2) messages - webtexts per month.

regards
    caroline
    ballooba wrote: »
    Website confirms it. Thanks Caroline. I'll be switching tomorrow.

Terms and Conditions confirm the opposite:
    Subject to these terms and conditions, your monthly recurring charge for each of the first three months will be €20.33. This excludes any out of bundle usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Terms and Conditions confirm the opposite:

Actually t&cs confirm that it is the case:

http://shop.three.ie/terms/sim-only-bill-pay-price-plans/

Classic Flex Max SIM Only Customers on or after 8th February 2013 (“the Offer”) Terms & Conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Hmm. Was all set to port to the Tesco Mobile 20 Euro a month plan. 3G is pretty good for 3 around here so if I can get this plan for a flat 20 Euro I'm heavily leaning in their favour now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 karoline

ok, I don't know why but I can't open terms and conditions (exactly: "Read the complete terms for this plan" this link is not opening for me :/) at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.three.ie/deals/sim-only.html

so - I'll be in City Centre today and I'll pay a visit to another three shop to ask again about this 30 day plan.

Another thing is that there is NO annotation or any kind of "*" next to a price €20.33 that could indicate there is a "but".

regards
    caroline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Syferus wrote: »
    Hmm. Was all set to port to the Tesco Mobile 20 Euro a month plan. 3G is pretty good for 3 around here so if I can get this plan for a flat 20 Euro I'm heavily leaning in their favour now.

I'm the same, was just about to Port both my wife and I from 3 Prepay to 48months (now that we have just turned 18:P). Tending towards this 30 Day Sim as I know the 3 network is very good where I need it, last time I was with O2 it wasn't hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Just rang 1913 there to confirm and it's not for a limited time it's as long as you stay with 3.

I signed up for the 3 month offer last Aug iirc. That ran out after the 3 months and the price went up.

After I saw this I checked their website and the offer is there on the main home page on the big banner ad that scrolls across.

That's a great deal for €20.33 a month. Never thought to ask if its for new/existing customers only.

Feeder wrote: »
    Just rang 1913 there to confirm and it's not for a limited time it's as long as you stay with 3.

I signed up for the 3 month offer last Aug iirc. That ran out after the 3 months and the price went up.

After I saw this I checked their website and the offer is there on the main home page on the big banner ad that scrolls across.

That's a great deal for €20.33 a month. Never thought to ask if its for new/existing customers only.

It would appear that its for all customers; new and existing. The heading on the t&cs is 'Classic Flex Max SIM Only Customers on or after 8th February 2013 (“the Offer”) Terms & Conditions'. It would be silly if it was for new customers only as existing customers would switch and switch back OR just switch to another network.

Still, it would be nice to get formal confirmation that it is indeed for both new and existing customers and that existing customers on that plan will be moved automatically to the new price.

I'm not sure they will switch existing customers automatically. I was already on this plan on the higher price but on the phone she said she had to manually go and change it so she put me on hold.

After a couple of mins she came back and said I would be on the new price from my next billing date.

If you are already on that plan like I was I would ring to get it switched before your next bill is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Ordered my sim last night to port from tesco and just realised 3 don't allow tethering. Order cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Whats the story with tethering on 3? I wouldnt be doing it 24/7 just the odd time for the laptop in work.

Ah I see above .... we posted at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

willah wrote: »
    Ordered my sim last night to port from tesco and just realised 3 don't allow tethering. Order cancelled.
    I have used tethering with 3 before but not for long use. Although the missus has been using it quiet alot over the last few weeks and nothing said to her. It definitely works it's just whether 3 will make the effort to stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    I have used tethering with 3 before but not for long use. Although the missus has been using it quiet alot over the last few weeks and nothing said to her. It definitely works it's just whether 3 will make the effort to stop you.

Oh? Anyone else tried tethering?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Yes, not regularly however it works fine when I have used it.

3UK have blocked tethering however, AFAIK, whilst the name is shared, they are very different offerings between 3IRL and 3UK e.g. tethering, webtexts, "like-home" etc.

Worst case, if they do block tethering in the future, it is only a 30d wait or 20e hit to switch to another provider.

See also http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056790740?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Feeder wrote: »
    I'm not sure they will switch existing customers automatically. I was already on this plan on the higher price but on the phone she said she had to manually go and change it so she put me on hold.

After a couple of mins she came back and said I would be on the new price from my next billing date.

If you are already on that plan like I was I would ring to get it switched before your next bill is due.

Did you get a free phone from them when you went on the contract ?

Tethering is doesn't seem to be blocked at the moment. I rarely use it but it's great to know that it's possible if needed. That said I wouldn't hesitate to switch if Three started to block it. I'm pretty sure many others are similar.

At the end of the day data is data. Three's FUP on AYCED is 15gb. Personally I don't believe it should be an issue if you wanted to use some of that to occasionally tether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I had done the same as you, signed up for the original offer a few months ago, I had to call three last week though to convert to the new pricing, afaik the price stays at €33 or whatever unless you ring them and ask to be put on the new price. That was the impression I got and the adviser told me that the new pricing would kick in when my next 30 day monthly contract started later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Of course suppliers aren't going to unilaterally modify their contract with you to their detriment. They won't reduce your bill unless you ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

ballooba wrote: »
    Of course suppliers aren't going to unilaterally modify their contract with you to their detriment. They won't reduce your bill unless you ask for it.

True for the most part, but there are plenty of examples of companies offering the same terms to existing customers as they do to new customers without the customer having to do anything, therefore it was worth pointing out that in this case existing customers must request the change.

Did you get a free phone from them when you went on the contract ?

Nope didn't get any free phone, its a SIM only plan.

I was on contract and when that ran out I switched to this SIM only plan last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bob12134

willah wrote: »
    Oh? Anyone else tried tethering?

I been using tethering only on short occassion classic flex max, it worked ok and never been charged extra

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

If you install the app textdroid (for android phones) or jelly sms (for iphone) it allows you access to your 333 freeweb texts without having to log into the site everytime. So this theoretically gives you 350 minutes, 333 text and ayce data for 20.33 a month. Only downside to the app you need internet connection (signal)to send your messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

riggsfitz wrote: »
    If you install the app textdroid (for android phones) or jelly sms (for iphone) it allows you access to your 333 freeweb texts without having to log into the site everytime. So this theoretically gives you 350 minutes, 333 text and ayce data for 20.33 a month. Only downside to the app you need internet connection (signal)to send your messages.
    Any equivalent app for WP8? Doubtful...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Well you happen to be in luck. There's a WP8 equivalent app available too. Enjoy! :D

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/store/app/webtextr/16d8cc8e-f656-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Advertisement