Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 mins, 200 texts and 15Gb data €20.33 per month for first 3 months from Three

Options
  • 02-08-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

30-day SIM only rolling contract. There's a BIG catch with this offer, its only reduced to €20.33 for the first 3 months, then reverts to the usual price of €30.50. But you can cancel by giving written notice before the end of the second month: http://www.three.ie/deals/sim-only.html

http://shop.three.ie/terms/sim-only-bill-pay-price-plans/
    SIM only customers who wish to cease their contract, port to another operator or migrate to 3pay may do so at any time by giving written notice, which will be effective 30 days after Three receives the request.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

My brother is on PAYG with three and seems to get unlimited internet for topping up €20 each month. He can then use the €20 for call and texts. At the end of the month the €20 credit goes to €0 and he tops up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It's all you can eat data, not 15gb :D

Good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

recyclebin wrote: »
    My brother is on PAYG with three and seems to get unlimited internet for topping up €20 each month. He can then use the €20 for call and texts. At the end of the month the €20 credit goes to €0 and he tops up again.

Yes Three Prepay also has 15Gb of data for €20. But €20 credit on Three only gives about 66 minutes of calls to other networks weekdays. This deal has 250 mins of calls and 200 texts.

Saruman wrote: »
    It's all you can eat data, not 15gb :D
    Good deal.

Under Terms and Conditions on the offer page:
    Should your data usage exceed 15GB in a billing cycle and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit your Service.

The fair usage limit for All You Can Eat Data is 15Gb per month (billing cycle month): http://shop.three.ie/terms/all-you-can-eat-data-terms-conditions/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

How is this competitive with Three's Prepay offering?
    Oracle wrote: »
    Yes Three Prepay also has 15Gb of data for €20. But €20 credit on Three only gives about 66 minutes of calls to other networks weekdays. This deal has 250 mins of calls and 200 texts.
    Isn't Threepay unlimited evenings and weekends and unlimited texts to all networks?

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote: »
    How is this competitive with Three's Prepay offering?

Isn't Threepay unlimited evenings and weekends and unlimited texts to all networks?

Yes unlimited texts, but only unlimited Weekend calls to all networks.
    If you make weekday calls to other networks, daytime or evening, you pay: http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

Yes unlimited texts, but only unlimited Weekend calls to all networks.
    If you make weekday calls to other networks, daytime or evening, you pay: http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html
    Has this changed in the last week or so. I was all set to move to three, but this changes things.

These have been the rates on Three Prepay for a long time. They make it look as if you getting free calls all the time, but its weekends only, unless you're calling the Three network.
    I think some Three Prepay users, get around it using internet apps like Viber, Skype etc.... but normal mobile calls, outside the Three network, are charged at 30c per minute weekdays.

I must have read it wrong. Three's offer opens the field though and is a significant escalation on Meteor's offer.

Yes just a pity its the first 3 months only. At €30.50 its not good value, because Tesco Mobile are offering 10,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 15Gb data for just €4.50 per month more: http://www.tescomobile.ie/half-price-unlimited-promotion.aspx

• Advertisement

Yes just a pity its the first 3 months only. At €30.50 its not good value, because Tesco Mobile are offering 10,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 15Gb data for just €4.50 per month more: http://www.tescomobile.ie/half-price-unlimited-promotion.aspx
    Tesco data has limitations with regard to speed. Three has good roaming agreements with their counterparts in many countries.

Tesco data has limitations with regard to speed. Three has good roaming agreements with their counterparts in many countries.

Maybe, it depends on how important data speed and roaming calls are to you. I think for an extra €4.50 Unlimited Calls and Texts would be the clincher for most.

I have a feeling Three wouldn't just let those who sign up to this go after 3 months. I think they might offer a lower rate to keep people.

I'm not sure if I would be bothered switching after three months. The Mrs is non-national too, so the Tesco international rates are attractive.

Oh yeah Tesco Mobiles perfect for that, this is really for data guzzlers that want something short term. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Written notice :rolleyes: clearly banking on people not being arsed

Yes although email is written notice isn't it? customer.services.ie@3mail.com Plus I think Three will find the canny folk on Bargain Alerts will be ar$ed ! ;)

Just noticed the terms and conditions say, you can migrate to Prepay, after the 3 months, if you give 30 days notice:
    SIM only customers who wish to cease their contract, port to another operator or migrate to 3pay may do so at any time by giving written notice, which will be effective 30 days after Three receives the request.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'm on 3 prepay and for €20 topup you get:

15gb data
    3000 any network texts
    3000 three minutes
    3000 weekend minutes to any network. and the 20 € topup to spend. I don't call a lot so it suits me perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    I'm on 3 prepay and for €20 topup you get:

15gb data
    3000 any network texts
    3000 three minutes
    3000 weekend minutes to any network. and the 20 € topup to spend. I don't call a lot so it suits me perfect.

Yeah i'm the same I moved from flexi gix to prepay and spend €20 every 5 weeks or so now.... I rang up to cancel my flixi account and that was fine for me. Again it was 30 days notice required but he took my notice over the phone.

Yeah i'm the same I moved from flexi gix to prepay and spend €20 every 5 weeks or so now.... I rang up to cancel my flixi account and that was fine for me. Again it was 30 days notice required but he took my notice over the phone.
    I would do that but I reckon I make more calls than texts and I want to be able to make weekday calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Did anyone get this?

I was going to get an S3 a while back but waiting for iPhone 5

The asked for a deposit, are they the same with sim only... Have people been asked for deposits generally on sim only plans?

Thanks

I signed up today without issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I signed up today without issue.

without deposit? :)

without deposit? :)
    Without deposit. Then again, Meteor gave me two Samsung Galaxy S2 and 12 month contract at 30 per month this time last year without deposit. Your mileage may vary.

Anyone had success in renegotiating this yet? Or is it too early?

Anyone had success in renegotiating this yet? Or is it too early?

You could give them 30 days written notice by email anyway. Then if they don't offer you anything better, you could migrate to Prepay (3Pay) and still pay €20 per month, or port away:

Terms and Conditions

On Prepay you would only get 66.6 mins of calls. I rarely use texts.

When I asked if it was too early, I meant has anyone reached then end of two months yet. That's when the notice would need to be served to avoid the price hike.

Yes it's true you'd get only 66 mins of anytime calls on 3Pay. Just saying if you give the notice anyway, then you can leave 3 without paying extra. There's a lot of other deals out there for €20, but not with AYCE data.

I called and gave my 30 days notice this afternoon. There was no counter offer. I will assess the market over the coming 30 days. Three Prepay is my fall back option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 karoline

Hi. I spoke with a guy in Three shop and he told me that offer 30 day contract with 350 'flexi Units', unlimited data and free 3 to 3 minutes does NOT expire after 3 months - it did before but NOT anymore - I did ask him few times - YES,HE WAS SURE :)
    I'm thinking about it and all you can eat data + a lot (for me) of minutes and texts is more than enough.
    PLUS three now offers 333 international (just like vodafone and o2) messages - webtexts per month.

regards
    caroline

Advertisement