Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox 4

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Light Heavyweight Maurício Rua vs Brandon Vera
    Light Heavyweight Lyoto Machida vs Ryan Bader
    Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs Jamie Varner
    Welterweight Mike Swick vs DaMarques Johnson
    Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)
    Featherweight Cole Miller vs Nam Phan
    Light Heavyweight Phil Davis vs Wagner Prado
    Featherweight Josh Grispi vs Rani Yahya
    Heavyweight Phil De Fries vs Oli Thompson
    Featherweight Manvel Gamburyan vs Michihiro Omigawa
    Flyweight John Moraga vs Ulysses Gomez

Main card starts at 1am on ESPN, Prelims on facebook

http://www.ufc.com/media/shogun-rua-fox-4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

hope Shogun murders Vera, should be a good card

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This card is actually strong as hell! Some great fights lined up!

Good to see Mike Swick back FINALLY! He's been out for 2 and a half years!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

I just checked the sky guide, and the event isn't down on ESPN?

Junior D wrote: »
    I just checked the sky guide, and the event isn't down on ESPN?

Is on mine-have it down to record

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Edit: Nevermind, was looking at the wrong day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Can't wait for this one. Another one of those nights the prelims could very possibly outshine the main card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maurício Rua - KO/TKO
    Lyoto Machida - KO/TKO
    Joe Lauzon - Sub
    Mike Swick - Dec
    Phil Davis - KO/TKO

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

how do you guys call Johnson/Swike?

pauldoo wrote: »
    hope Shogun murders Vera, should be a good card

He will, can't believe Vera is headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Shogun by decision.
    Machida by hadouken.
    J lau by sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

jayteecork wrote: »
    how do you guys call Johnson/Swike?

if this was a video game, Swick all day!

But it's real life and we have to take into account Swick's massive layoff and his ring rust.

Hoping he pulls it off though!

MrStuffins wrote: »

But it's real life and we have to take into account Swick's massive layoff and his ring rust.

He looked great at the weigh-in. Psysically he is in shape, but its comes down to ring rust.

Machida's had a drink before he got on the scales and weighed in in at 201. ~I was concerned at first. But he was always a little light. he was 16-0 and untouchable. He put on a bit of mass to compete with the rest of the guys. And suddenly he lacked lustre vrs Shogun and then Rampage was catching him.
    I'm glad to see the dragon back.

MrStuffins wrote: »

He looked great at the weigh-in. Psysically he is in shape, but its comes down to ring rust.

Machida's had a drink before he got on the scales and weighed in in at 201. ~I was concerned at first. But he was always a little light. he was 16-0 and untouchable. He put on a bit of mass to compete with the rest of the guys. And suddenly he lacked lustre vrs Shogun and then Rampage was catching him.
    I'm glad to see the dragon back.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Bader looks absolutely huge as normal! I think Machida will do to him what he did to Tito though - decision win.

I have a funny feeling Vera is going to do it - Shogun has had so many injuries and has suffered 2 absolute beatdowns in his last 2 fights. Might catch up with him while Vera has absolutely nothing to lose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can anyone confirm whether or not there will be Prelims on Facebook.

The only thing I can seem to find is this which says there is none.

I'm in work until 23:30 (22:30 Irish time) and just want to know if there will be anything on while I'm in work.

Bader looks absolutely huge as normal! I think Machida will do to him what he did to Tito though - decision win.

I have a funny feeling Vera is going to do it - Shogun has had so many injuries and has suffered 2 absolute beatdowns in his last 2 fights. Might catch up with him while Vera has absolutely nothing to lose.

Errr Forrest Griffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I see not many are picking Bader. Bader has a very legit shot because if he wants to lay and pray he can but also has the power in his hands to give Machida trouble.

Either way these two guys do not deserve a shot at the title. Bader has more of a case but Machida doesn't deserve a title shot at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

All four fighters in the two main events have been dominated by Jones already, so it's a bit farcical to be talking about any of them getting a title shot at all. But if Bader were to win he'd be the only fighter with a somewhat decent claim given the momentum of recent, high profile wins and how long it's been since he and Jones last fought.

He'd have to win convincingly though to be considered, in any way, a credible challenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Can anyone confirm whether or not there will be Prelims on Facebook.

The only thing I can seem to find is this which says there is none.

I'm in work until 23:30 (22:30 Irish time) and just want to know if there will be anything on while I'm in work.

It says on UFC.tv that the prelims are starting at 10pm our time so you will probably miss a bit.

Strangely though, it also seems to require that you pay a $3 fee to watch the prelims. Hopefully I have it wrong because if we're going to have to pay for prelims from now on that is fairly crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Errr Forrest Griffin?

Meant to say his last 2 losses - Shogun is very hit and miss - injuries have really plagued his career, especially in the UFC.

• Advertisement

That Swedish bloke has to be next in line for a beat down off Jones when he Sparks Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That Swedish bloke has to be next in line for a beat down off Jones when he Sparks Hendo
    Gustafsson? Yeah he is very good and potentially he could be a could challenge for jones but not yet. I hope they don't put him in anytime soon. He still needs more time in my opinion and could probably do with 3 more convincing wins against solid opposition first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Does anyone know what's the story with the UFC.TV prelims showing a cost of $2.99 USD even when signed in from an Irish account?

boardsm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's the story with the UFC.TV prelims showing a cost of $2.99 USD even when signed in from an Irish account?

Ask Zelaznik on Facebook. He should get back to you by Christmas!

Bit of a joke if they start charging for the prelims though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

In fairness though, it's $3. At todays current exchange rate it's probably the equivalent of an old shoe lace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

In fairness though, it's $3. At todays current exchange rate it's probably the equivalent of an old shoe lace.

$3 more than $0 is $3 too much IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Stacked card, I can see Shogun and Machida easily bypassing their opponents.

Not staying up for this.

Going to go dreamworld and then when I wake up I'll have lovely, ad-free coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Not staying up for this.

Going to go dreamworld and then when I wake up I'll have lovely, ad-free coverage.

I never watch the Fox cards live, ads are an absolute joke!

• Advertisement

goin to put a bet on vera, shogun is my favorite fighter and it will cover me incase vera does pull it out

Advertisement