Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Just been reading that article.

can this woman become anymore detached from reality than she already is.

can we vote her out of office at all? - if we can I might even register to vote, just to have the pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

AlbionCat wrote: »

can we vote her out of office at all? - if we can I might even register to vote, just to have the pleasure.

Is she any worse than Sean Kyne or Brian Walsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Canvasser wrote: »
    AlbionCat wrote: »

That woman is a complete joke.
    Sadly she's done nothing that warrants being thrown out of the seanad.
    I bet you that she'll run for the Dail the next time out as bold as ever, she probably won't get in but she might just sneak another term in the seanad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »

Holy crap. She even tried to bring the kids

We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home."

You couldn't drink the water, so you had to hold your mouth closed while someone washed your hair and you might not even have an iron

I gave up a holiday with my children for the VSO. My children weren't allowed to come because they had to be over 25. So it was definitely a sacrifice. It was a week out of our family holiday time.

Something not adding up

The VSO booked the flights for us and booked our private flights and we are refunding them for that.

"We paid €185 each for vaccines, €132 each for medicine and €50 each for visas.

Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Malcolm Quigley, the executive director of the VSO Ireland, said: "We will pay for Fidelma's flight and all the medical vaccines and visas. The VSO also has a driver that they can avail of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Canvasser wrote: »

Set up a thread on them if they are that bad. And ps dont forget to include yourself and your brother in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

FHE wrote:
    People bought property during the boom because everyone thought it was going to make them wealthy.
    I like that. FG declaring property purchasers during the boom years did so because of greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I think the reporter would have been better off not writing the story until FHE had time to repay the VSO. We'd have a better idea of Fidelmas true intentions and she would've had just a little more rope with which to hang her political career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Horrors she had to hold her mouth closed while someone washed her hair bet that was hard to do.i close my mouth when i wash my hair don't need someone wash it for me either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

working day 8 to 5.

She should try being self employed.

"a week out of family holidays"

Children off for about two months.

As a senator she also has at least two months.

"keeping mouth closed while someone washes hair"

Are there no ends to the hardships this lady will endure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are at least 2 further emails in circulation to the media about Fidelmas antics and there is plenty of time for another Fidelma headline before the Senate meets to 'consider' matters again. :)

• Advertisement

No, it's just a never-ending trial of tribulations for our dear Fidelma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Ye are all being very harsh on this 'fiddler of the people'.....

Isn't it obvious to ye all what has happened here (yet again the poor woman is being attacked whilst being totally in the right at all times)... let's look at the facts....

a) she's trying to save the world (and Oranmore/Galway) while being surrounded by incompetents (imagine whatever fool was washing her hair was making such a mess that poor 'fiddlers' has to keep her own mouth closed during the wash - not easy for 'fiddlers' to keep her mouth closed for that length of time)...

b) Not easy being Kenya on her own, so totally understandable that hubby would have to travel also, down with you lot who might be wondering what in the name of God, 'fidddlers' needs to go to Kenya for, that will be of such importance to those on the West coast of Ireland...

c) The poor woman is wrecked - imagine she had to work from 8am to 5/6pm every day - thankfully she won't have to do this once she comes back to Ireland, as she'll need the surplus available time to finish her garage, pay the car tax, pay the IR fine.... (and obviously reimburse the Government coffers for the personal element of the Kenya trip - you can be sure that that money was just resting in her account)...

When is the next election? - can't wait for her to arrive at the door looking for a vote....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Fiddles Healy Ray knows that everyone in politics who misbehaves never gets punished and her let them eat cake attitude can continue well into the future as there is no punishment for such behaviour in Irish politics,it's the sad reality once you get the cushy job your untouchable.

From

Fidelma spent day 3 of her special Rwandan Politicians Training Course teaching the locals how to curtsy, scrape and doff.

alb4ch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Set up a thread on them if they are that bad. And ps dont forget to include yourself and your brother in the thread.

He/She is a troll who winds up people on Galway politics, Irish politics, US politics and even NUIG student politics! Annoying but not related to anyone, although that is probably what he/she wants you to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Will Fine Gael expel her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I don't love her but this trip to Kenya is in the norm for an Irish Politician but her husband to give business advise is a joke. He will teach them how to save money by not paying people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

It's all a big joke to FHE, I hope one day she wakes up and realises the opportunity she has missed and the betrayal of the trust people had placed in her, The jokes she is making about Kenya on twitter(if that is really her) are inexcusable and offensive however tongue and cheek she puts them forward as.

• Advertisement

@fheames isn't her real twitter account Shakti ;)

"I am on a train. The urge to hide in the jacks is overpowering."

"Regarding my trip to Kenya, I just want to say I have never seen such misery. Some of those people don't even have expense accounts."

"Full working day tomorrow, up at 9 and back home by lunch. Sweating just thinking about it."

"Do you know that there are people in Kenya who don't even know what a Tefal Aquaspeed 150 is? Really puts things in perspective. Humbling."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Thanks Joe, that's a relief

Irish Daily Mail front page today:
    How can I cover up my free holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Radio 1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Unbelievable. She is a train wreck!

Who's leaking the emails?

Her plumber did a shoddy job linking up her internet connection...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

On hearing this story, I promptly cancelled my direct debit to this shower this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Who's leaking the emails?
    Which emails?

• Advertisement

Which emails?
    Internal VSO emails about Fidelma's concerns about potential negative press publicity regarding her forthcoming African sojourn.
    You'll have to buy the DailyMail for more info.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

You'll have to buy the DailyMail for more info.
    Has there ever been a scenario where that would be advisable?

Has there ever been a scenario where that would be advisable?

If you want news of the latest sighting of Maddie McCann.

C-s_AGNJDEygJsvIskbf1A2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home.

I bet she's not the only politician that thinks we all work 9-5 plus paid overtime

At least Fine Gael will have one decent candidate in Galway West at the next election

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/omahony-eyes-constituency-move-in-bid-to-keep-his-seat-3195903.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

kenya is not good for FG. i remember when it got poor Inda in trouble when he came out with his fake mugging tale and when he used the n word.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    kenya is not good for FG. i remember when it got poor Inda in trouble when he came out with his fake mugging tale and when he used the n word.

Poor Inda gets in trouble any time he speaks (without consulting advisers first)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

pjmn wrote: »
    Ah, ye are being very harsh, isn't it obvious what has happened here... She assumed the bill from the builder included tax for the car, the husband forgot to pay the builder, she then took the train to Dublin with the intention of paying the car tax. However Iarnrod Eireann robbed her on the train. De facto the builder and/or Iarnrod Eireann are to blame, and she should be made Taoiseach or President.

.... and then she gets flown to Rwanda, against her will, where there isn't even an iron or a hair-dryer. Of course she should be President :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

FHE is on the cover of Phoenix magazine according to their FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/ThePhoenixMagazine?ref=stream

*must buy it*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Paddyfield wrote: »
    FHE is on the cover of Phoenix magazine according to their FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/ThePhoenixMagazine?ref=stream

*must buy it*

Read that first as she is on the front of FHM :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

She's really want to come out with some damage control...oh wait, she tried that one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Strange thing going on here. Mass internet hysteria directed toward a senator for what? A mistake with a train ticket, a dispute with a builder and VSO trip to Kenya which apparently the government paid for. Even on Newstalk breakfast, Shane Coleman and the stand-in lady presenter were joking about what she does in her jacuzzi. Was that really necessary ?

It reminds me of the threads hundreds of pages long directing nasty and derisive comments at Alison O'Riordan (she was a fool, but the reaction was over the top and vitriolic).

Motorist wrote: »
    Strange thing going on here. Mass internet hysteria directed toward a senator for what? A mistake with a train ticket, a dispute with a builder and VSO trip to Kenya which apparently the government paid for. Even on Newstalk breakfast, Shane Coleman and the stand-in lady presenter were joking about what she does in her jacuzzi. Was that really necessary ?

It reminds me of the threads hundreds of pages long directing nasty and derisive comments at Alison O'Riordan (she was a fool, but the reaction was over the top and vitriolic).

She didn't pay her car tax either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I must say she's is coming across as a bit of an eejit over the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Mass internet hysteria directed toward a senator for what? A mistake with a train ticket, a dispute with a builder and VSO trip to Kenya which apparently the government paid for

Not to mention her car being impounded because she hadn't taxed it, and the garage that was built at her house without proper planning permission. But, hey, who's keeping track at this stage?

If the woman had an ounce of shame she would have resigned months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Not to mention her car being impounded because she hadn't taxed it, and the garage that was built at her house without proper planning permission. But, hey, who's keeping track at this stage?

If the woman had an ounce of shame she would have resigned months ago.

Ah I forgot about those two !

Ah I forgot about those two !

And the mystery that she did not apply for planning retention until FG were in government ....even though that garage was mistakenly built in summer 2008...and the further mystery that the planner recommended that it not be retained ( in 2011) but that they were overruled by a more senior official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,257 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    And the mystery that she did not apply for planning retention until FG were in government ....even though that garage was mistakenly built in summer 2008...and the further mystery that the planner recommended that it not be retained ( in 2011) but that they were overruled by a more senior official.

Now FG wouldn't be into cronyism and favouritism surely ;).
    It's mad to even suggest that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I must say she's is coming across as a bit of an eejit over the last few months.

a bit?

Taxpayers fund another FHE trip. Wonder is her husband going to join her at some point?
    FHE goes to China
    Local Fine Gael Senator, Fidelma Healy Eames, is to lead a week long educational trip to China. The Senator and a delegation comprising twenty six educators, principals and deputy principals leave tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement