Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Offers from CAO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm just after accepting my offer for a level 8 in DCU (coming from a fetac level 5/previous leaving cert), do I need to do anything now or will I just receive info from DCU now?
    They'll likely post you out details of induction, student id and when the term starts. This is what Tallaght and DIT do anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Grehan100

I am wondering if you had 7 modules in fetac level 5 in 2011 and 5 modules in level 5 in 2012. Does it come together as a full award fetac level 5. Please help!

Kind regards,
    Grehan100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Anyone from WCFE get ANY offers? I know a lot of people from WCFE and not one of us have received any offers from any institutions around the country!

My partner got offered nursing in UCC and she did the pre nursing course in WCFE. There is bound to be a few more that got offers I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

deisedave wrote: »
    My partner got offered nursing in UCC and she did the pre nursing course in WCFE. There is bound to be a few more that got offers I would say.

It's just strange, out of a class of 25 people in WCFE, not one of us got any offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 another new one

just looking to see how popular the veterinary nursing courses are in DKIT, LYIT, UCD AND AIT.
    Has anyone received an offer from any of the listed colleges for vet nursing?

Hoping no one much replies :/
    i got offered AIT vet nursing but i want DKIT! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Grehan100 wrote: »
    I am wondering if you had 7 modules in fetac level 5 in 2011 and 5 modules in level 5 in 2012. Does it come together as a full award fetac level 5.

It depends on the course and college. A lot of colleges (especially those in the Higher Education Links Scheme) specify that the FETAC results have to be in one sitting. For some courses, you may be able to combine results.
    It's just strange, out of a class of 25 people in WCFE, not one of us got any offers!

Did everyone in the class get all distinctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 irelandfan

Got my offer for DIT today chuffed to say the least :) A friend of mine applied for DIT also am I right in thinking if she wasn't offered a place today may she receive one in round one or two or are all DIT courses restriced???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

I have been looking through the posts on this thread and it's obvious that some of you don't understand the system. The offers that came out today are for Higher Education Links Scheme students i.e. FETAC applicants who have applied for courses with limited places for FETAC applicants e.g. Nursing. If too many applicants have all distinctions, then it goes to random selection.

On the 20th, FETAC students who have applied to get into ITs using their module results as points (Pilot Scheme) will get their offers. Round 0 IS NOT for these students.

Thank you. have you considered working for the CAO? Your the first person all day to be able to explain "the system" in plain english.

So, if you did a FETAC course and applied to an I.T. then your offers will be out on the 20th with the leaving certs and places aren't quite as restricted as they are with the HELS scheme? is that the correct?

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

andyseadog wrote: »
    Thank you. have you considered working for the CAO? Your the first person all day to be able to explain "the system" in plain english.

So, if you did a FETAC course and applied to an I.T. then your offers will be out on the 20th with the leaving certs and places aren't quite as restricted as they are with the HELS scheme? is that the correct?

thanks again!

I did a FETAC level 5 and applied to Carlow, DCU and Waterford, I got offered my second choice in Carlow IT (reason it was my second was I thought there wasn't a hope in hell I would get it) but id like if someone could tell me how I got it, cause at the moment I seem to be the only person in my class that got this course and we were told only 6 places are reserved for FETAC students in Ireland, not just our course! it even says it on "FETAC information" on the CAO website an all. and I only got 7 Dis and 1 Merit and i think 3 people in my class got a full 8 and so far im the only one who got it. the course offered was Physiology and Health Science

andyseadog wrote: »

Provided the college is in the Pilot Scheme and your course isn't restricted- yes. Your module results become points and you compete with LCs.
    Vista255 wrote: »
    I only got 7 Dis and 1 Merit and i think 3 people in my class got a full 8 and so far im the only one who got it. the course offered was Physiology and Health Science

They must not have got the 8 distinctions.

• Advertisement

They must not have got the 8 distinctions.

no I defo think at least 2 people who got the full 8, trust me.. do you think maybe it was random selected and I got lucky?

no I defo think at least 2 people who got the full 8, trust me.. do you think maybe it was random selected and I got lucky?

Afaik, it only goes to random selection when a lot candidates have the maximum requirements. In my experience, candidates with full distinctions, who applied to the exact same courses as you through the same system (HELS or mature student) should have been in the running before someone with less that 8 distinctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 imjayr

I think many of the nursing places are offered already, One of my friend from cork got gen nursing in DCU, I got in DCU but the course of Health and Society, I rang DCU to ask if I can transfer to nursing instead they said if there are places available I am allowed. So fingers cross.

I also asked UCD,TCD,DCU if there is a possibility of us FETAC students getting nursing offers on the next round, they said yes it is possible, but only if many LC students didn't achieve the points for nursing and if the FETAC students who achieved a place in nursing declined their offer.

So keep your head up high guys, there is still hope. Lets be patient for now, until october :D

imjayr wrote: »
    I I got in DCU but the course of Health and Society, :D

did you not accept Health and Society? i had that down on my level 8s

did you not accept Health and Society? i had that down on my level 8s

Hi! :D! I accepted it yes, :D! did you get it too? the only reason I applied for it because it is an entry to occupational therapy and medicine. But it wont be easy I heard

imjayr wrote: »
    Hi! :D! I accepted it yes, :D! did you get it too? the only reason I applied for it because it is an entry to occupational therapy and medicine. But it wont be easy I heard

no I got Physiology and Health Science in Carlow IT, but i had your course down and I wouldnt have mind if I got that. i didnt know much on Health and Society cause it only started last year and no-one had anything up on boards, congrats though!

no I got Physiology and Health Science in Carlow IT, but i had your course down and I wouldnt have mind if I got that. i didnt know much on Health and Society cause it only started last year and no-one had anything up on boards, congrats though!

aww sucks we wont be on the same course, best of luck to you and congrats too :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

If anyone didn't get what they wanted you could always try for a course from available/vacant places on CAO. I am anyways!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calcifer88

So I'm applying to an i.t, a restricted course as a mature student on the back of only my portfolio which I scored 570/600 on. I received no offer from this college during round 0( not even a letter saying better luck next time ;/) ..would getting an offer during round 1 be more likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Calcifer88 wrote: »
    So I'm applying to an i.t, a restricted course as a mature student on the back of only my portfolio which I scored 570/600 on. I received no offer from this college during round 0( not even a letter saying better luck next time ;/) ..would getting an offer during round 1 be more likely?

That sounds very strange, I am a mature student, applied for restricted course on the back of my portfolio, which i scored 480 on. I was offered and accepted a place July, a few weeks back.

I amnt sure what criteria youd be getting an offer in round one, unless the IT makes everyone in competition. Usually all colleges have a set number of places for mature students and that is why they get the results early. Defo call the college involved and call cao to make sure your application went through properly, as getting such a high score in a portfolio assesment, but not getting a place seems very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Calcifer88

dharma200 wrote: »
    That sounds very strange, I am a mature student, applied for restricted course on the back of my portfolio, which i scored 480 on. I was offered and accepted a place July, a few weeks back.

I amnt sure what criteria youd be getting an offer in round one, unless the IT makes everyone in competition. Usually all colleges have a set number of places for mature students and that is why they get the results early. Defo call the college involved and call cao to make sure your application went through properly, as getting such a high score in a portfolio assesment, but not getting a place seems very strange.

Well actually now that you mention it, I did ring the college while I was applying and they siad they don't keep a set amount of places for matures but on average 20-30% of students each year are matures .. having remembered that they probably do make us all compete for a place like you said but I will give them a call anyway to be sure.

Tnx for the reply and congrats on getting offered a place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pinksparkle

well i know people who got nursing so im not sure :)
    Did you get an offer yet? I emailed CAO and they told me offers arent out until the 20th. I have also applied for Nursing :/

How exactly do you apply for vacant courses? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I believe after the offers for LC students are dished out, any vacant places are availiable will be put up on the CAO site to apply to!

You're able to do it from the 21st at 12pm. Then, if you're successful, you'll get an offer on the 30th. :)

Has anyone got the offers they were expecting? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PocketSC

Got two offers this morning, Level 8 Psychology & Level 7/8 Social Care, so happy - thought I was screwed after Round One!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

PocketSC wrote: »
    Got two offers this morning, Level 8 Psychology & Level 7/8 Social Care, so happy - thought I was screwed after Round One!

x2 on the whole round one and thinking i was screwed.

Got my offer in Architectural Technology level 7 today, delighted!

You're able to do it from the 21st at 12pm. Then, if you're successful, you'll get an offer on the 30th. :)

so if i accept the course i have been offered and apply for a vacant place can i still b offered it?:confused: the course i hav been offered is level 8 but i have been offered none n level 7 so can i still b offered a vacant place in level 7 yea?

• Advertisement

If you've already accepted your offer from CAO, you can still apply to a vacant course but the vacant course offer will succeed your original offer. If that makes sense? :)

so if i accept the course i have been offered and apply for a vacant place can i still b offered it?:confused: the course i hav been offered is level 8 but i have been offered none n level 7 so can i still b offered a vacant place in level 7 yea?

Advertisement