Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detail on Samsung ES6300 as Freesat+Saorview+PVR+Smart TV

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Apogee wrote: »

Though the potential for bricking a shiny new Samsung is likely quite high - see youtube comments!

Normally through idiots who dont follow the instructions Apogee.

I have a LE40C530. It is now a 550 and runs Allshare via a cheap ass USB wifi stick without rooting it. Its not meant to do that. You have to patient or you will have an expensive doorstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

maxg wrote: »

I don't think you need the actual remote. I use a software remote that talks to the tv via the network, it includes the key Factory and 3Speed codes. Get it from here...

http://www.rainerullrich.de/samsung/

(Hit google translate at the top to read the site, click the download link to get the software).

CAUTION! - DON'T RANDOMLY PLAY WITH FACTORY AND/OR 3SPEED CODES. YOU CAN BRICK YOU TV. DON'T USE THOSE CODES UNLESS YOU ARE FOLLOWING A KNOWN SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

edit - this is the software Apogee is referring to in his post re the samygo thread.

Some info on access to Extended Service Menu on certain E-series models via ruSamsungTVCommunicator here:
    http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=4695

I can't quite figure out what he was done there! I have that remote software running, but I am definitely not seeing port 52235 open on my TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

I *think* it's something to do with changing the IP address somewhere. On the 2 PCs screengrabs it's 192.168.1.3 whereas on the TV it's 192.168.1.5.

This russian forum also mention changing the IP on the TV? (at least according to a rough web translate)
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:12046-47
    Changed the IP address of the PC on the TV! And the Prog start! And now the question: which item changes the model of TV to SEE (not Che gives you), if I change the model 6900 as then update firmware TV 6540 or 6900 (6900, the TV on OFF site firmware doesnt last at UEC6620UW)? And do not change important settings like CALIBRATION, etc.?

• Advertisement

I *think* it's something to do with changing the IP address somewhere. On the 2 PCs screengrabs it's 192.168.1.3 whereas on the TV it's 192.168.1.5.

The thing with changing the ip in the ini is normally just a way of getting that software to start, it can never seem to find the telly via upnp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

Try to leave ruSTVC running for a while.
    http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4402

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ib1703

dkane wrote: »
    I only tried using it to record briefly. You can schedule recordings.
    When recording you can watch another channel on the same MUX/Transponder or on the other tuner (i.e watch Saorview while recording Sat).

You need to connect an externally powered USb hard drive with a write speed of at least 54k. It will not work with a USB key. The drive has to be formatted for the TV (you can't plug it out and copy recordings to PC etc).

Yes

Playback of video files is very good. Both from USB key and over DLNA.

RTE Player is an App. Works fine.
    No real downside except for having to reorder the Saorview channels and having to swap between Air and Freesat modes.

I have had no problems with transfer speeds. Will play 1080 MKV files over WiFi with no issues.

You state you can watch another channel while recording or swap between satellite and terrestrial while recording (via USB external disk drive).

How do you do this? When recording even changing programme asks whether you wish to stop recording and if you don't stop recording it remains on same channel being recorded. If I try to change from terrestrial to satellite via menu the channel part of the menu is greyed out and can't be selected.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ib1703 wrote: »
    You state you can watch another channel while recording or swap between satellite and terrestrial while recording (via USB external disk drive).

How do you do this? When recording even changing programme asks whether you wish to stop recording and if you don't stop recording it remains on same channel being recorded. If I try to change from terrestrial to satellite via menu the channel part of the menu is greyed out and can't be selected.

Thanks in advance.
    The same is happening for me when I try to record anything. Kinda pointless having to watch the programme you are trying to record.
    Im using this usb drive but i doubt that makes any difference http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Lexar/Lexar-16GB-JumpDrive-S73-USB-Flash-Drive---Purple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Just to let anyone out there know, I've just changed the country of my ES6300 from France (from pixmanaia) to UK and the Freesat EPG is now present using the current version of ruSamsungTVCommunicator (V0.0.14.0). I had both TV and software running on the same wireless network, disabled all firewalls and used google translate a bit.
    The one thing I would say is this, in the steps when it says "On TV, accept ruSamsungTVCommunicator as network remote controller (this step is very important). " You need to trigger this by sending: 123 (Senden), you will then be prompted on the TV to allow the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Bought this tv from pixmania over Christmas as a way of getting away from Sky.
    Have tuned in the irish channels and re-ordered them but the EPG doesnt work!
    Info button will work but not guide. Also cant get teletext on Rte One and Two.
    Any help would be much appreciated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

bing3 wrote: »
    Bought this tv from pixmania over Christmas as a way of getting away from Sky.
    Have tuned in the irish channels and re-ordered them but the EPG doesnt work!
    Info button will work but not guide. Also cant get teletext on Rte One and Two.
    Any help would be much appreciated..

If your model has ethernet/wifi you should be able to use the approach I took, provided you have a Windows machine (running ruSamsungTVCommunicator) on the same network as the TV.

Steps 1 and 2 from this wiki are applicable

Instead of 'Enabling PVR' in step 3 you need to find the region option and change it to the uk option.

The instructions on the above wiki could probably be more specific or may differ for the E series, but you should be able to find the corresponding options.

Also see this wiki on navigating the service menu, pay attention to the right/left arrows versus up/down and the return button instructions.

The ruSamsungTVCommunicator tool. (translated)

Tip: Temporarily disable Windows and router firewalls

The option (Digital Text) to enable MHEG-5/red button/teletext is available from the 'System' menu after you've changed the country.

Cheers Nuttz. Didnt think it would be so complicated just to get the EPG working. Will give it bash over the week. Kind of wary of bricking it.
    Thanks for the advice though..
    nuttz wrote: »
    If your model has ethernet/wifi you should be able to use the approach I took, provided you have a Windows machine (running ruSamsungTVCommunicator) on the same network as the TV.

Instead of 'Enabling PVR' in step 3 you need to find the region option and change it to the uk option.

The instructions on the above wiki could probably be more specific or may differ for the E series, but you should be able to find the corresponding options.

Also see this wiki on navigating the service menu, pay attention to the right/left arrows versus up/down and the return button instructions.

The option (Digital Text) to enable MHEG-5/red button/teletext is available from the 'System' menu after you've changed the country.

Just to let anyone out there know, I've just changed the country of my ES6300 from France (from pixmanaia) to UK and the Freesat EPG is now present using the current version of ruSamsungTVCommunicator (V0.0.14.0). I had both TV and software running on the same wireless network, disabled all firewalls and used google translate a bit.
    The one thing I would say is this, in the steps when it says "On TV, accept ruSamsungTVCommunicator as network remote controller (this step is very important). " You need to trigger this by sending: 123 (Senden), you will then be prompted on the TV to allow the device.

Can vouch that this method works as well.
    Was dodgy about trying it but in the end only took 5 minutes.
    Just follow the steps as nuttz outlines and once you unlock the hidden options in the service menu navigate to : Options then Locale Set and change to EU_UK; Power TV off and your done.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

Has anyone else got the Freesat EPg & MHEG5 to work on the pixmania TVs using the nuttz instructions above, particularly on other samsung 6 series models?

Any issues since you have reconfigured?

I am planning to get an ES6710 shortly.

tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi guys I was wondering could you help me.
    Have the es6300 connected to free sat and soar view.i was wondering is there a way I could have them all in the one place/list.
    Ie having the epg list both soar view and free sat content

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi guys I was wondering could you help me.
    Have the es6300 connected to free sat and soar view.i was wondering is there a way I could have them all in the one place/list.
    Ie having the epg list both soar view and free sat content

No :(

Phibsboro wrote: »

No :(
    Is there any tv that allows that feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

The walker's might, it's not freesat but free to air, so no 7 day guide on Sat.

There are very few TV's with built in satellite receivers, even less that are Saorview and FreeSat approved.

But the tv advertises sat tuner no?would a firm ware upgrade not do the trick if Samsung ever released one...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Some walkers have a sat tuner but not the Freesat EPG.

Regarding combined EPG it has been mentiioned here before that one of FreeSat requirements is that the channel numbers must be fixed, so it seems as if freesat approved devices cannot/should not combine EPGs. Technically they could do it. Another issue is the Irish market is so small, there is little demand for TVs with both a satellite and terrestrial tuner in the UK.

Some of the humax freesat boxes get around this by 3rd party software which allows meddling with numbers, although these are not combined Saorview and Freesat units. Linux non freesat approved boxes can also do similar. All we really need is a linux TV with sat and terrestrial tuners.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Cheers for that Nutz, really opened up my TV to stuff i didn't know it was capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I have a simple question and probably a dumb one... On this TV should I be able to plug it in and find saorview/freeview channels without having an Ariel plugged in? If I do need an ariel what do I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bohser

Nanoc wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, I have a simple question and probably a dumb one... On this TV should I be able to plug it in and find saorview/freeview channels without having an Ariel plugged in? If I do need an ariel what do I need?

Plug a satellite dish into the appropriate port in the back for Freesat (a Sky dish will do) & a saorview Ariel to the other port for saorview.

You may be able to use an internal saorview Ariel (we've a Nikkai) with the tv, depending on the reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The link for the Samsung communicator is bad.... Any idea where I might get a good one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kalyke wrote: »
    The link for the Samsung communicator is bad.... Any idea where I might get a good one?

The translated link is good ..... and the page contains a download link for the zip file ...

http://samsung.rainerullrich.de/

Advertisement