Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 7 Trailer airing on Thurday Aug 2nd at 8pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Could be worse, if RTD was still there we'd have the Daleks vs the Cybermen vs the Angels in a cage match by the end of this series :)

Ha, it'd be all he would have been left with: RTD was quickly running out of climatic threats as his tenure went on. He left the series having first threatened only Earth, then two Earths, then the Universe, then the Universe-plus-Everthing-Evah, ( ... then Gallifrey came back and we all got bored)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

They have also never resolved a pretty massive plot element from the last Tennant episode with the mysterious woman. Could all be tied in somehow.

General consensus seems to be she was the Doctor's mother. Since it was never addressed again I presumed it was his mother and either it was unclear due to bad writing or there was a moment or scene making it clearer that ended up on the cutting room floor. It would be nice if they cleared it up once and for all but I somehow can't see it happening.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

General consensus seems to be she was the Doctor's mother. Since it was never addressed again I presumed it was his mother and either it was unclear due to bad writing or there was a moment or scene making it clearer that ended up on the cutting room floor. It would be nice if they cleared it up once and for all but I somehow can't see it happening.

I think it was meant to be open to speculation. But Russ-T said in interview that it was his mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yep, spot on. Her identity is supposed to be open to interpretation, but in Rustie's mind he said he wrote her as the Doctor's mother

As for who would win in a battle, the Vashta Nerada clearly kick everyone's a$$

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Daemos wrote: »
    Yep, spot on. Her identity is supposed to be open to interpretation, but in Rustie's mind he said he wrote her as the Doctor's mother

Which conveniently meant he didn't have to explain why if they were locked away FOR EVAR and good as dead and Rassilon had to go as far as to poison the Masters mind to communicate with the outside world in the tiniest way, she was able to pop up on Wilfs TV when she felt like it!

In Doom's personal canon, she's the white guardian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The mysterious woman is The Rani/Paul McGann/Sally Sparrow............
    Wait, this isn't galifrey base.............:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Had the good luck to be in Cardiff over the weekend, and dropped in to the Doctor Who Experience. It's slightly aimed at younger viewers, but that doesn't stop it from being great! :) If you're ever nearby, it's well worth a visit.

By the way, is the woman in the trailer at 0:29 Martha's Sister?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Jesus. First time I was on in a while and I read the title as "Series 7 airing on Thurday Aug 2nd at 8pm" and I was thinking "Dear god how did I miss this?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DW on Facebook
    We're delighted to confirm the names of all 5 episodes of Part 1 of the new series! They are:

1 – Asylum of the Daleks (by Steve Moffat)
    2 – Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (by Chris Chibnall)
    3 – A Town Called Mercy (by Toby Whithouse)
    4 – The Power of Three (by Chris Chibnall)
    5 – The Angels Take Manhattan (by Steven Moffat)

The rumour on the last one is a bit mad. Interesting, but mad. Still no air dates mind.

DW on Facebook

The rumour on the last one is a bit mad. Interesting, but mad. Still no air dates mind.

Musical episode!

Kidding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

DW on Facebook

Care to post it in spoiler tags?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Musical episode!

Kidding.
    Am I the only one who wouldn't object? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Care to post it in spoiler tags?

On your own head be it.
    The Statue of Liberty is an Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hell Yeah! Love that idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/

september 1st at 7.20 BST time. how come it's NOT on my sky tv guide on bbc1 NI????
    :O

Advertisement