Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 7 Trailer airing on Thurday Aug 2nd at 8pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd much prefer an official start-date for the series, but here's hoping the trailers comes with that :D

Discounting the awful Xmas special, it feels like a long, long time since the last Who

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd much prefer an official start-date for the series, but here's hoping the trailers comes with that :D

Discounting the awful Xmas special, it feels like a long, long time since the last Who

I'm imagining the last frame will be a black screen with the title of episode 1 and a date. Hope it's August 25th, a week later would be more likely considering they're previewing 17th and 25th.

It'll probably say "Coming Soon" now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yay, a birthday present from the BBC! :D

Damn, no bloody date! But, eeeee!

(Happy Birthday Sleepy)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

AWWWWWWWESOME *very excited*

But yeah, no release date :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dinosaurs, Daleks and Death... love it.
    That last shot with the Doctor carrying Amy is chilling....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was that River Song?

Was it known she'd be back? I kinda thought they'd tied her story up with a nice bow at the end of the last series.

Also, weird of them to mention the Master in the trailer like that for no good reason... Not the way American trailers work. :/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It was known she would be back for Rory and Amy's last episodes.

Was that River Song?

Was it known she'd be back? I kinda thought they'd tied her story up with a nice bow at the end of the last series.

Also, weird of them to mention the Master in the trailer like that for no good reason... Not the way American trailers work. :/

It's the same as the UK trailer, but the BBCA one was embeddable.

'Tis River all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

weird of them to mention the Master in the trailer like that for no good reason...

Yeah that stuck out to me as well. Does Amy even know who he is? Could be nothing could be the nutters on tumblr have been right all along. (I really doubt that though).

I preferred the teaser trailer, this gave way too much away for my liking. I mean last time we got a single dalek eye stalk pop out of the snow and now we're seeing whole buildings full of them and then them, and possibly Amy, dead. After seeing the promo art (the Doctor holding Amy surrounded by Daleks) I should have known not to watch this...oh well.

• Advertisement

I've been dodging news to this point by and large, this trailer was all news to me (except for the dalek stuff, I listen to radio free skaro and that spoiled it for me!).

Lol, I doubt Rory is the Master, but maybe they're building up to him being in the fabled fiftieth celebrations.

Or maybe Moffat simply knew nerds like me would notice the name if he threw it into the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

We know The Doctor told Amy about the Time War off screen (as mentioned in The Doctor's Wife) so I wouldn't be surprised if The Master had popped up one story time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Looks very fun indeed :D

I think I'm going to have nightmares about that baby weeping angel...

We know The Doctor told Amy about the Time War off screen (as mentioned in The Doctor's Wife) so I wouldn't be surprised if The Master had popped up one story time too.

Which makes perfect storyline sense but doesn't explain why they'd waste trailer money shot time on mentioning him along side the Daleks.

I think people are reading too much into the Master comment; The Doctor is obviously still hurting all the (fairly recent) chaos the Master caused and he pretty much got away with it too, being MIA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'm not Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

But you wouldn't mind? Amy? Eh? Eh? Wink wink....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

this is all VERY EXCITING

i love matt smith
    and i love the weeping angels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Any sign of a date about when the new series will start?

Trailer looks great. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Evidence points to August 25th

Matt Smith tweeted that it would start in August, and there is an exclusive screening of the first episode for journalists or something on August 25th. Therefore assuming it remains on Saturday and all the above info is correct, August 25th is the starting date

Though I would say there would be more time between the screening and the air-date and would guess at September 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

The angels are back... The angels are back ...

Best. Dr Who baddies. EVER !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Daemos wrote: »
    Evidence points to August 25th

Matt Smith tweeted that it would start in August, and there is an exclusive screening of the first episode for journalists or something on August 25th. Therefore assuming it remains on Saturday and all the above info is correct, August 25th is the starting date

Though I would say there would be more time between the screening and the air-date and would guess at September 1st

I agree, Sept 1st, unless the exclusive screening is very early on August 25th giving them time to review it for the Sunday papers?

Would have thought they normally get screener copies mid-week at the latest for Sunday reviews

There's a screening on at the BFI on the 14th (on my phone here so I can't get the link).

I'm leaning toward the 25th again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

bluewolf wrote: »
    this is all VERY EXCITING

i love matt smith
    and i love the weeping angels

I have a creeping fear that the Weeping Angles will be over-used, which would be a huge shame as they are absolutely fantastic.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I have a creeping fear that the Weeping Angles will be over-used, which would be a huge shame as they are absolutely fantastic.

Could be worse, if RTD was still there we'd have the Daleks vs the Cybermen vs the Angels in a cage match by the end of this series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,923 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Could be worse, if RTD was still there we'd have the Daleks vs the Cybermen vs the Angels in a cage match by the end of this series :)

DALEKS DO NOT BLINK, DALEKS DO NOT BLINK,

Dalek stalk smashes the stone angels, the end.

flazio wrote: »
    DALEKS DO NOT BLINK, DALEKS DO NOT BLINK,

Dalek stalk smashes the stone angels, the end.

The angels aren't ACTUALLY stone, they're frozen in space time when observed. Kinda like the anti schroedinger's feline.

I bet anyway they'd say something like "Ooooh the Daleks eyestalks refresh at 60 frames per second and the Angels can move between them", technobable for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Alternatively, the Angels could just use a baseball bat. It worked for Ace.

• Advertisement

Which makes perfect storyline sense but doesn't explain why they'd waste trailer money shot time on mentioning him along side the Daleks.

They have also never resolved a pretty massive plot element from the last Tennant episode with the mysterious woman. Could all be tied in somehow.

Advertisement