Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Charity Shops Do you or not :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I try, I really do but the only person I wind up upsetting are Streets of Rage fans and they barely count, do they?
    Not really; I doubt anyone really plays it anymore... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

schwa_knife_gawker.flv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice pen knife :P

=-=

Must have a look around some charity shops. Wants a GC to play Monkeyballs on :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh look, I have bought plenty of stuff in Charity shops, nothing wrong with the stock at all.

I have picked up some vintage stuff there too, shirts and the like... you just don't get epaulettes on enough stuff anymore! Where else am I going to put my beret?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've given up looking in the shops in Dublin, nothing but stacks and stacks of FIFA games for the PS2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've given up looking in the shops in Dublin, nothing but stacks and stacks of FIFA games for the PS2 :(

Probably because myself and my mate in college fleeced them all about 5 years ago :D

I really wish we'd gotten some photos of that massive, Eldorado type mound of consoles and games we found upstairs in that charity shop around Capel Street. That was stuff made of dreams. Was such a shame I was a broke student at the time :(

Was hilarious though, all of the consoles were tangled up in this dense bush of cables. You'd be trying to get some power cables freed to test something and unearth another mound of consoles. I think there was about 10-15 n64s alone.

To make it even funnier, the shop owner had sent a couple of these Nigerian oul ones who worked there to price everything we pulled out before selling it to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

o1s1n wrote: »
    Probably because myself and my mate in college fleeced them all about 5 years ago :D

I really wish we'd gotten some photos of that massive, Eldorado type mound of consoles and games we found upstairs in that charity shop around Capel Street. That was stuff made of dreams. Was such a shame I was a broke student at the time :(

Was hilarious though, all of the consoles were tangled up in this dense bush of cables. You'd be trying to get some power cables freed to test something and unearth another mound of consoles. I think there was about 10-15 n64s alone.

To make it even funnier, the shop owner had sent a couple of these Nigerian oul ones who worked there to price everything we pulled out before selling it to us.

I still live for the day I walk into a shop the same afternoon someone's own personal Sauron has finally carried out their threat and dropped off the entire collection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Reminds me of that scene in High Fidelity, where this lady is trying to sell him a load of rare records for sweet fanny adams, to get back at her husband.
    My conscience wouldnt stop me though.

Advertisement