Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

lazygal wrote: »
    You're right, I don't like it, but that's not the reason I think it shouldn't form part of the debate on gay marriage.
    I've read extensively on the history of polygamy in the LDS church as it is a subject of great interest to me. Everything I have read about polygamy as experienced by the LDS faithful has lead me to conclude that it is a harmful practice which treats women appalingly and leads to severe social, cultural and psychological difficulties for the women and their many children.
    None of this has anything to do with the referendum on extending civil marriage to gay people in Ireland. Given your other posts I strongly suspect you're a troll posting for a rise and are simply throwing in polygamy to get a rise out of other posters.

But children have noting to do with marraige, if we are going to bring children into the debate where they don't belong, I have read articles of SS couples adopting children to abuse.

But children have noting to do with marriage and should not be a factor on not allowing polygamous marraige between consenting adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

macyard wrote: »
    But children have noting to do with marriage and should not be a factor on not allowing polygamous marraige between consenting adults.

Likewise this referendum has nothing to do with polygamous marriage and it shouldn't be a factor.

Daith wrote: »
    No, if you vote no to homosexual people being allowed to marry you can make it harder for homosexual people to marry more than one person.

By voting no you agree with the what marriage is now. Two people, a man and woman.

The referendum might fail then it can try again in another year with it being inculsive of all adults. I dom't like the marraige as it is now but if we are going to change it we need to male it right for all not just right for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The referendum might fail then it can try again in another year with it being inculsive of all adults. I dom't like the marraige as it is now but if we are going to change it we need to male it right for all not just right for some.
    Are you involved in the campaign to hold a referendum on polygamous marriage?

Likewise this referendum has nothing to do with polygamous marriage and it shouldn't be a factor.

But it should and I am working to get word out it's a discriminatory referendum, it's a marrige referendum not a SSM referendum.

They need to do it right, even if it fails this time next time they might make it inculsive of all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Imagine there are two referenda in May, one to allow same-sex marriage and another entirely separate one to allow polygamous marriage, how would you vote on both?

I dom't like the marraige as it is now but if we are going to change it we need to male it right for all not just right for some.

By voting no you're making it right for some and no guarantee that you will ever get a new referendum.

Divorce Referendum 1986. Second time 1995. You prepared to wait nearly a decade?

Are you involved in the campaign to hold a referendum on polygamous marriage?

We are working and trying to make it legal, we are telling people to vote no till it's inculsive.

We are working and trying to make it legal, we are telling people to vote no till it's inculsive.

Who's we? Do you have a website?

By voting no you're making it right for some and no guarantee that you will ever get a new referendum.

Divorce Referendum 1986. Second time 1995. You prepared to wait nearly a decade?

Yes I am to not discrimate against consenting adults, do it right or not at all

• Advertisement

Who's 'we'?

Who's we? Do you have a website?

We are a local group and people don't take kindly to our group living so are fairly close knit no need for a site

We are a local group and people don't take kindly to our group living so are fairly close knit no need for a site

I thought you were trying to campaign though? Can you link to your campaign materials then?

You won't get a referendum passed with that attitude.

Who's 'we'?

Our local group is about 5 families we you google groups to talk about the hardships and discrimination with others throught Ireland and the world. We discuss there how to campaign for equall rights for all

• Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

But it should and I am working to get word out it's a discriminatory referendum, it's a marrige referendum not a SSM referendum.

They need to do it right, even if it fails this time next time they might make it inculsive of all
    The referendum is about allowing same-sex couples to avail of civil marriage. It is a SSM referendum.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

But children have noting to do with marraige, if we are going to bring children into the debate where they don't belong, I have read articles of SS couples adopting children to abuse.

I was wondering when this would get dragged up. *sigh*

Our local group is about 5 families we you google groups to talk about the hardships and discrimination with others throught Ireland and the world. We discuss there how to campaign for equall rights for all

You do have equal rights though?

Nobody can marry more than one person. Therefore you're equal. Only hetrosexual people can marry though.

I was wondering when this would get dragged up. *sigh*

They they are going to attack my lifestyle why cannot I do the same for theres

Hmm, abstract random thoughts.

There is a giant tower that a community is trying to demolish as it is causing a problem with lighting.

They currently have some explosives that will knock some of it down, and hope that every year they will be able to buy more explosives.

One person suggests "let's blow some of the tower up now, and let some light into the town, each year we can keep taking more off the tower". They campaign for use of the stock.

Another suggests waiting, "Let's wait until we've managed to get all the explosives together and do it all at once". They campaign against use of the stock.

• Advertisement

You do have equal rights though?

Nobody can marry more than one person. Therefore you're equal. Only hetrosexual people can marry though.

I couldn't marry the mothers of my children, only one so I cannot get proper guardianship of some of my children, some of the mothers have less right also as not being married .

Yes aonly heterosexual can marry one person atm, we are about to fix marraige so lets fix it right and for all

Yes aonly heterosexual can marry one person atm, we are about to fix marraige so lets fix it right and for all

By denying homosexual people the right to marry?

Giving that you aren't campaigning I have sincere doubts of your ability to get a referendum. Perhaps in 20 or 30 years?

Hmm, abstract random thoughts.

There is a giant tower that a community is trying to demolish as it is causing a problem with lighting.

They currently have some explosives that will knock some of it down, and hope that every year they will be able to buy more explosives.

One person suggests "let's blow some of the tower up now, and let some light into the town, each year we can keep taking more off the tower". They campaign for use of the stock.

Another suggests waiting, "Let's wait until we've managed to get all the explosives together and do it all at once". They campaign against use of the stock.

Problem is once light hits some of the community they will stop trying to demolish the tower cause it's too hard and they already have there light so they can live on in happiness

By denying homosexual people the right to marry?

By working for equal rights of all, there is strenght in numbers

By working for equal rights of all, there is strenght in numbers

You have equal rights. No one can marry more than one person.

You are not working for homosexual rights so please stop discriminating against us and making life hard for us.

You have equal rights. No one can marry more than one person.

And two gay men cannot marry, I won't vote to change marriage untill they make marriage inculsive to all.

Why are you so against consenting adults marrying, why are you discriminating towards us?

Why are you so against consenting adults marrying?

I'm not. You are.
    And two gay men cannot marry, I won't vote to change marriage untill they make marriage inculsive to all.

Why are you against two homosexual people marrying then?

I'm not. You are.

Why are you against two homosexual people marrying then?

No hence a vote no till all can marry, this is the same reason a lot of gays where agsinst CP, do it right or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

They they are going to attack my lifestyle why cannot I do the same for theres
    Who's attacking your lifestyle? Could you address my question please? How would you vote on two separate referenda on the same day, one on same-sex marriage, and the other on polygamous marriage?

• Advertisement

No hence a vote no till all can marry.

The start campaigning. I'll consider your views when I see your campaign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement