Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs have stopped my G&P Mags

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

To be honest, you just needed to be firm with customs. I was asked for my firearms license when I ordered 4x pistols off of WGC - I told them 3 times that there was no licensing system in place, that they're airsoft guns. She released the package there and then, and it was with me the next day.

Think about where you work, or what you study - do you know everything in that field? No? Either do they. If you're firm with them, and it's not far-fetched then they'll believe you. However if you're a little unsure, then they're not going to feel as confident about releasing the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Looks like the letter worked the Magazines have been released

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Inari wrote: »
    To be honest, you just needed to be firm with customs. I was asked for my firearms license when I ordered 4x pistols off of WGC - I told them 3 times that there was no licensing system in place, that they're airsoft guns. She released the package there and then, and it was with me the next day.

Think about where you work, or what you study - do you know everything in that field? No? Either do they. If you're firm with them, and it's not far-fetched then they'll believe you. However if you're a little unsure, then they're not going to feel as confident about releasing the parcel.

At the same time, if this is the OP's first dealings, then it was probably normal to be coy.

I know I was the first time customs were onto me, and were in the wrong. While its normal not to know everything in your field, its expected you know basic policy.

These people arn't pulling it from memory, they have a screen that is very self explanatory and everything is a few clicks away.

And sometimes firm can get you more inconviniance as well.

I never received a 1911 I bought few years back, coming through TNT. I tried the polite route and when I eventually got firm, I instantly got the call centre block and knew nothing was going to happen.

Took me the best part of two years to get that money back...

Seems to me that there just isn't any proper procedure in place for importing airsoft items. I was fine with the paying VAT that's happened plenty of times but this idea that they can hold an item that has no effect on my airsoft gun is a joke. Maybe there should be a look into creating an airsoft regulator. What I mean is something that people can sign onto bring there guns along to get chrono'd and then just give u a card with your photo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

I've been importing pretty much everything I buy now for the last 2 years and I can safely say I won't use a site that provides courier service only, hence I no longer use Redwolf. And especially as Redwolf use TNT, total asses IMO. AEG's are a diff story, if you want to import one you have to use courier service, but for bits and bobs, not a chance.

If you want to import mags, parts or any other accessories find a site like ehobbyasia, shootercbgear, rsov, airsoftpanda, army panda gear store to name but a few, all who ship by Hong Kong post. Its cheaper and I find HK post just as reliable as any of the courier services, and just as quick. I'm not sure why but when HK post transfer the parcel to An Post there seems to be very little if any at all interference from customs. Both my friends have found this also.

My last order, 10 pmags, spectre scope and high speed gears, bought from ehobbyasia, shipped by HK post, arrived 8 working days later, delivered by An Post, no customs charges, thank you very much sir!!! And I've been lucky enough to never once get hit with customs charges, VAT, handling fees when using HK post as my shipping provider, as have 2 of my mates who import gear.

Seeing as I've never suffered the bull**** that you've endured I'd definitely say give them a go next time, if nothing a lot cheaper than the courier services for sure

• Advertisement

Ya might look into that for the future

Advertisement