Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs have stopped my G&P Mags

Options
  • 26-07-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I ordered magazines of Redwolf they were stopped by customs because I have a form to fill out they say it is because it is gun components. Has anyone ordered mags and had problem like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Bit of an update on this for those thinking of ordering. Got onto someone in the customs office. They had not opened the package yet they stopped it because it said airsoft part. They asked me if it effected the joule of the gun. They are going to give it back to shipping company tomorrow no doubt with a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

very normal tbh, anything labeled as airsoft or clearly airsoft will be stopped in most case if it from outside the EU

not normally an issue, items are normally released after talking to customs

Ya your right there will be interesting to see what it will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

i had an order for 20e stopped by customs the other day but i wasnt charged.i think its anything over 40e that gets dodgy

Think it worked out around 80 so im pretty sure they are gonna charge me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well it is normally a good rule of thumb to add 25% of total cost including shipping to cover vat/duty and any additional charges

Ya still works out cheaper than buying here

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

nastros wrote: »
    Ya still works out cheaper than buying here
    Can you purchase airsoft products while abroad and bring them back in your suitcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

athlonelad wrote: »
    Can you purchase airsoft products while abroad and bring them back in your suitcase?

By air or ferry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

either

athlonelad wrote: »
    either

Depends on what you're buying whilst abroad. A holster, a couple of mags are unlikely to cause a flap at the baggage scanner in an airport; something shaped like a firearm? Oh yeah ..... get ready for invasion of the rubber gloves.

If you are bringing a GBB/AEG/Springer back via air, it generally is not "sufficient" to just throw it in your suitcase and hope for the best. Because the best, as I alluded to in the above paragraph, is not going to happen. You generally need to have it in a lockable container that is flight suitable and that wont fall apart just by looking at it and declared to the airline in advance - which will also typically incure additional "sports baggage" charges per flight. But it all comes down to the airline. You need to check the fine print on the airline's baggage policies. You need to quote the airline's own policies to the person on the phone/desk because odds are they wont have a clue, and you need to do your homework before you even get near an airport.

Oh one other important thing; if it's ryan air you're using? Give up now. Their T&C don't even allow for water pistols, never mind anything else.

By ferry, again - do your homework. If you're a walk-on passenger, some ferry companies will and some will not entertain you. Those that do will take your baggage for the duration. If you're a motor passenger, once locked in the vehicle for the duration of the sailing, most ferry companies are usually fine. But again, you need to do your home work; quoting some random stranger on the internet will not wash with ferry staff or police.

So apparently I now have to provide the cert of
    velocity for my airsoft gun before I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

same thing happened to me, just get redwolf to send you an email stating the fps and forward the email on. has worked for me on two occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So apparently I now have to provide the cert of
    velocity for my airsoft gun before I can get

Unfortunate, as before the IAA could sort this out for you.

Politely inform the custom official that there is no legal requirement to own documentation or licensing for airsoft devices, and that there is no official documentation that you can provide. You can also mention there is no process, or office, that can provide official documentation or readings for airsoft devices.

Simply state that the items you have purchased as for your airsoft device which operates under 1 joule, deemed legal by Irish law.

They really have no right to be holding these, and it sounds like you just are dealing with a donkey, if your not getting success ask to speak to someone in authority.

I contacted redwolf anyway so they should help me out if not then I will try contacting them directly.

I contacted redwolf anyway so they should help me out if not then I will try contacting them directly.

Customs took a tac vest on me before and said it was sent for ballistic testing and were asking for my firearms license.

Basically got through to a supervisor and told them to stop ****ing around, I didnt even mention airsoft or anything about it, simply sighting there was no laws or documentation required to legally acquire clothing.

Ya its annoying contacted Redwolf anyway so should have the cert by tomorrow.

Ya its annoying contacted Redwolf anyway so should have the cert by tomorrow.

What cert are they going to provide for MAGs?

They cant stand over what gun you are going to use them in

As a matter of interest, is this customs as in state customs, or customs within a courier service.

I know TNT are a NIGHTMARE to deal with when it comes to customs, literally not a clue

Basically custom want proof that the mags wont change the power of my airsoft gun. To be honest im sick to death of dealing with them I filled in all required forms and everything and a week later they tell me I need to get this proof from redwolf. And yes its TNT who iam dealing with

• Advertisement

Basically custom want proof that the mags wont change the power of my airsoft gun. To be honest im sick to death of dealing with them I filled in all required forms and everything and a week later they tell me I need to get this proof from redwolf. And yes its TNT who iam dealing with

TNT, knew it!

They are absolute mongos, they were the shower asking for firearm license for my vest and ****. Would never deal with them again.

I wouldn't even be chasing up paperwork, I'd be ringing them telling them that they clearly do not understand the functionality of the equipment, that a MAG can CLEARLY not increase the joule of the AEG, and that they need to release the item, as they are holding it on no reasonable grounds.

Ya but I also got an email from a person in customs saying the same thing.

Ya but I also got an email from a person in customs saying the same thing.

24322012.jpg

Basically the girl in customs also told me I need some sort of proof from redwolf airsoft that the magazines wont change my gun velocity. I emailed redwolf yesterday and no word yet.

Basically the girl in customs also told me I need some sort of proof from redwolf airsoft that the magazines wont change my gun velocity. I emailed redwolf yesterday and no word yet.

They will be slow enough to get back.

In fairness, you could just make the mail yourself ...

At this stage I'm not even bothered I was hoping it would be resolved this week looks like it will be a few weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Customs can be an absolute lol sometimes....had an eotech stopped about 2/3 years ago.

Called them up and told them it was for an airsoft gun so they asked it if was a real eotech...I said it doesn't matter if it's real or whether its going on a airsoft or a firearm there's no restriction on optics outside of NV gear. It was at my door a few days later.

You have to be tough with them...probably someone new that hasnt got the sense they were born with.

Just got the letter from Paul Chu of Redwolf airsoft so hopefully that will be enough

Just got the letter from Paul Chu of Redwolf airsoft so hopefully that will be enough

Should have asked him to videotape drafting that letter too; I imagine the staff are all stood behind him p1ssing themselves with laughter at the absolute face-palm absurdity of the situation.

What a bunch of mongs you've had to deal with nastros; I wouldn't wish that level of mind-crushing stupidity on my worst enemy ....

• Advertisement

He was very shocked by how stupid the whole situation was

Advertisement