Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very old Guinness barrel- need a valuation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Degsy wrote: »
    All he was ever looking for was money.

It really galls me people asking "Is it worth anything?" and the getting all huffy when they find its *not* worth the thousands of quid they were expecting

Just to point out though, Degsy, the forum may be used to query a particular item's price/value/etc. We actually encourage that. However, I agree with your second part. There is no need to be uncivil or rude if people discuss your particular item/query/etc.

I'll leave this thread open for a couple of hours to see if anyone else has something to say about Guinness-related casks and if not I'll close it as the OP won't be joining us for a couple of days. If there is genuine interest in leaving this thread open PM me and I'll consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm not adding any more info because the OP can still read the forum if they access boards.ie while logged off so I vote that the thread be closed and the barrel cask in question be filled with sand and fired into the Irish Sea from one of the canons on the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Degsy wrote: »
    It really galls me people asking "Is it worth anything?" and the getting all huffy when they find its *not* worth the thousands of quid they were expecting

Last year some guy asked about the value of some postal orders he had. When he didn't get a response on the thread he decided to PM me with the same question. After describing them to me I told him they weren't of any value worth talking about. He then replied to me with a snotty message telling me I hadn't a clue because he was offered 18 grand for his 5 postal orders. I needn't tell you how I responded to him in private, but here's what I said in public:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74457557&postcount=15

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement