Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rape Victim facing fine for naming victims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

And if the judge accepts the plea agreement, this is what they will have to deal with:

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/sor.htm

http://kspsor.state.ky.us/

Go ahead and plug in a city on the search.
    Neither will load for me. Perhaps restricted to the US? (I do have shit internet though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Voyeurism as part of the main charge? Really doesn't sound like she was raped. Stupid drunk photos with hands on tits or something which they put online.

She may have been raped. This is a plea agreement between the prosecutor and the defendants. It is a negotiation. Sometimes guilty people can negotiate for a lesser charge, and other times non-guilty people agree to charges because they have the impression it would be a better deal than going to trial and facing the maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

Voyeurism as part of the main charge? Really doesn't sound like she was raped. Stupid drunk photos with hands on tits or something which they put online.

What's stupid about that? Nobody has a right to put their hands on another person without permission. That's what made me so mad earlier. This idea that it's okay to touch another person sexually and that's okay. IT'S SO NOT OKAY. That and the fact that men SEEM to be excused for this type of behaviour while girls are labelled with not so nice names forever afterwards.

humbert wrote: »
    Neither will load for me. Perhaps restricted to the US? (I do have shit internet though)

It may be. There is also a national sex offender registry. Google and see if that can be accessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

humbert wrote: »

They won't open for me either:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

childsplay wrote: »
    Ikky Poo2, are you trying to point out that being drunk is something that people can choose to become or not? If I choose to get drunk then THAT'S my own business and if I do something dumb as a result, I am ultimately responsible for my own actions. However, being drunk shouldn't make me a target or excuse others from causing me harm.
    That's what I am getting from your posts anyway.

I did also mention blacking out. Getting drunk is one thing as long as you remain repsonsible and to self-aware. No, being drunk shouldn't make you a target, but it sometimes does. That's my point. And if being a target is a possibility, why would you continue to get drunk?
    Giselle wrote: »
    The consequences of what?

Does a person who's blacked out drunk not have a right NOT to be assaulted?

Or does the fact that they're drunk mean there's some sort of contributory negligence on their part? How does being drunk make you responsible for the actions of your assailants?

I don't see how being victimised while incapacitated makes you responsible for anything.

Jesus Christ, when the **** did I say any of this? FOR THE LAST TIME - BRING DRUNK DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE GUILTY PARTY! I NEVER SAID IT DID. NOR DOES IT ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL RESPONSBIILTY FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

You can be the victim and still be partly responsible. Actions have consequences. And, just to be clear, becaue you seem to like misreading things, this is NOT me givign to okay to rape. (Because someone is going to ask, "oh, so, Ikky Poo2, you're saign it's okay to rape people who have passed out at parties?" in a minute.)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Jesus Christ, when the **** did I say any of this? FOR THE LAST TIME - BRING DRUNK DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE GUILTY PARTY! I NEVER SAID IT DID. NOR DOES IT ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL RESPONSBIILTY!

No. Just no.

No. Just no.

So you'r sayign beign drunk DOES make you the guilty party?

Boombastic wrote: »
    They won't open for me either:mad:

I'll explain what it is.

You go to the search, plug in your city or county, and a list of registered sex offenders pop up. It will include their name and known aliases, their picture, their address, their date of birth, their height, their race, their registration status, their crime, and the age of their victims.

Depending on the crime or jurisdiction, it could be a lifetime registration or a limited time on the registry. I think for their crime, they would face 20 years of being on the registry. And if you are on this list:

"KRS 17.545 prohibits registered sex offenders from living near schools, daycare facilities and publicly owned playgrounds. These offenders are prohibited from living within 1,000 feet of a high school, middle school, elementary school, preschool, publicly owned playground, or licensed day care facility. The measurement is taken in a straight line from the nearest property line of the school to the nearest property line of the registrant's place of residence. This restriction does not apply to a youthful offender probated or paroled during his or her minority or while enrolled in an elementary or a secondary education program. However, once the youthful offender registrant attains the age of majority (18 years old) and is no longer a student in an elementary or secondary education program he or she is subject to the residence restriction at that point."

So, when they reach their 30s, they could still be on this list. If they have children, they will not be able to live within 1,000 feet of a high school, middle school, etc.; is this still a slap on the wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I NEVER SAID IT DID. NOR DOES IT ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL RESPONSBIILTY FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

You can be the victim and still be partly responsible. Actions have consequences. And, just to be clear, becaue you seem to like misreading things, this is NOT me givign to okay to rape. (Because someone is going to ask, "oh, so, Ikky Poo2, you're saign it's okay to rape people who have passed out at parties?" in a minute.)

Okay so how is being drunk and crashing a car become anywhere near "being drunk, passed out and having two people violate you"?

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, when the **** did I say any of this? FOR THE LAST TIME - BRING DRUNK DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE GUILTY PARTY! I NEVER SAID IT DID. NOR DOES IT ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL RESPONSBIILTY![/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to twist what you said. I was trying to understand it. I actually agree with you. People need to take responsibility and not get to the point of blacking out. You're right though, being drunk can make you more vulnerable and girls are always going to be more vulnerable than lads. That's just because they are generally less able to fight back and defend themselves.

So you'r sayign beign drunk DOES make you the guilty party?

I'm saying NO to your whole post.
    Being drunk is not a crime, sexual assault is.

Okay so how is being drunk and crashing a car become anywhere near "being drunk, passed out and having two people violate you"?

The first two words. But then I did say blacking out, not just beign drunk.

If you're blacked out should the law deem you free of responsibility for what happens next? Yes or no. One word asnwer.

I wasn't trying to twist what you said. I was trying to understand it. I actually agree with you. People need to take responsibility and not get to the point of blacking out. You're right though, being drunk can make you more vulnerable and girls are always going to be more vulnerable than lads. That's just because they are generally less able to fight back and defend themselves.

In fairness, this was a reply to someone else, who more or less did accuse me of condoneing drunken rape.
    I'm saying NO to your whole post.
    Being drunk is not a crime, sexual assault is.

I have never argued otherwise. if you actually read my posts, you'd know this.

If you're blacked out should the law deem you free of responsibility for what happens next? Yes or no. One word asnwer.

You cannot apply a blanket statement like that, at all. But yes, she would be entirely guilty of anything she did while drunk.

But the problem is, she was unconcious and completely unable to say "no" or stop them at all.
    So in the answer to your question: yes, she should be.
    So either you just randomly posted in this topic or else you're trying to make out that her being unconcious was her own fault.

That's not even a word, and it's still the high point of that post.

You cannot apply a blanket statement like that, at all. But yes, she would be entirely guilty of anything she did while drunk.

But the problem is, she was unconcious and completely unable to say "no" or stop them at all.

I agree.
    So either you just randomly posted in this topic or else you're trying to make out that her being unconcious was her own fault.

Being unconconscious was her own fault. What happened afterwards wasn't. I'm arguing responsibilty here - I've used the word often enough - not fault.

She may have been raped. This is a plea agreement between the prosecutor and the defendants. It is a negotiation. Sometimes guilty people can negotiate for a lesser charge, and other times non-guilty people agree to charges because they have the impression it would be a better deal than going to trial and facing the maximum.
    But we don't know if she was.. They posted the pictures for everyone to see which tells me it was likely stupid drunken behaviour.
    What's stupid about that? Nobody has a right to put their hands on another person without permission. That's what made me so mad earlier. This idea that it's okay to touch another person sexually and that's okay. IT'S SO NOT OKAY. That and the fact that men SEEM to be excused for this type of behaviour while girls are labelled with not so nice names forever afterwards.
    I said it sounds like they were stupid. You'd rather call them rapists while we know nothing.. If the judge put a gagging order on it and didn't put them on the sex offenders list, I'm gonna assume it was wasn't rape.

And wtf. Men are never ever excused. One allegation and their life's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

How strange is this ? The two guys put photos of her online after she passed out, she names them on twitter and is now in trouble !
    Our society gets crazier and crazier before it collapses...

I agree.

Being conconscious was her own fault. What happened afterwards wasn't. I'm arguing responsibilty here - I've used the word often enough - not fault.

It is her repsonsiblity. If she passed out while driving a car, her fault. She's responsible.

She's respsonsible for getting herself into the state she was in (passed out). But beyond that, the sexual assault she was in no way responsible for, whatsoever.

• Advertisement

They posted the pictures for everyone to see.

I may have missed it, but I don't think they did.

But we don't know if she was.. They posted the pictures for everyone to see which tells me it was likely stupid drunken behaviour.

I said it sounds like they were stupid. You'd rather call them rapists while we know nothing.. If the judge put a gagging order on it and didn't put them on the sex offenders list, I'm gonna assume it was wasn't rape.

The judge has neither accepted or rejected the plea agreement. We cannot assume that it wasn't rape as this case is still pending. That is why this situation is problematic; she felt that she wasn't receiving justice because the plea agreement was for a lesser charge, but it had yet to be finalized.

I know a girl that got raped (brutally I might add) and the gardaí made a cock up of the evidence.

So the nice man that beat her up and raped her walked free, all while laughing about it with his friends.

It is her repsonsiblity. If she passed out while driving a car, her fault. She's responsible.

She's respsonsible for getting herself into the state she was in (passed out). But beyond that, the sexual assault she was in no way responsible for, whatsoever.

Which is exactly what I've been arguing all along. People have been trying to make it look like I'm arguing fault, when I haven't, hence the impatience in one or two of my posts.

The point here is that you are still responsible for your actions, even if your boozed up to the eyeballs. If you get in your car pissed as a coot and crash, on your head be it.

Actually yea, my mistake.

Which is exactly what I've been arguing all along. People have been trying to make it look like I'm arguing fault, when I haven't, hence the impatience in one or two of my posts.

But what does her getting drunk and passing out have to do with anything?

Just because she's put herself in a vulnerable situation doesn't mean she is responsible for what comes after.

There's a difference between being an idiot (like trying to provoke a dog) and expecting people not to treat you like a piece of meat.

I know a girl that got raped (brutally I might add) and the gardaí made a cock up of the evidence.

So the nice man that beat her up and raped her walked free, all while laughing about it with his friends.

Honestly, false allegations of rape occur much less then people like to believe. Its not like the woman making the accusation doesn't get absolute sh*t for it.

What an interesting and completely relevant story. Thanks for the valuable input on how society view men accused of rape.

• Advertisement

What an interesting and completely relevant story. Thanks for the valuable input on how society view men accused of rape.

Oh, sorry. I forgot that nobody he knew cared about the fact he did rape her.

Advertisement