Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TV3 still trotting out the "Nothing to do with us 'guv!" line in their responses, as well as how they "made every effort to ensure the show is compliant"...

One more heading to the committee today.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I sent one in, in which TV3 said that something did not breach any rules but they asked the broadcaster to stop doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

coolhull wrote: »
    Also handy to have a balaclava if, like redundant PRL presenters, you spent some time fooling ould ones, and didn't want to be recognised..

*Thinks*

mmmhh,could that be the real reason that Spook carries a balaclava everywhere with her?
    Strange that no-one has ever seen Carole and Spowoman in the same room....

Coohull, I think you've stumbled on to something there...
    spookwoman wrote: »
    Reason I have not been seen in same room with Carole is because of a nut allergy. Its gets really bad around her.

:D Very good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Am I alone, or does anyone else have withdrawal symptoms? I just can't get used to being in bed at midnight.
    I keep asking the angels to find me parking spaces, help me find keys, pay my ESB bills, make my open-toed red shoes fit me (even though I'm a man) and make a packet of fishfingers last a fortnight.

So far, no response. I know it's Christmas time, and Carole kept assigning new clients to their care, but still, wouldn't you think at least one angel would find the time to at least pay a few bob off my bills or multiply my fishfingers.
    Starting to lose faith here......

Am I alone, or does anyone else have withdrawal symptoms? I just can't get used to being in bed at midnight.
    I keep asking the angels to find me parking spaces, help me find keys, pay my ESB bills, make my open-toed red shoes fit me (even though I'm a man) and make a packet of fishfingers last a fortnight.

So far, no response. I know it's Christmas time, and Carole kept assigning new clients to their care, but still, wouldn't you think at least one angel would find the time to at least pay a few bob off my bills or multiply my fishfingers.

Keep the faith, man, you gotta keep believing!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having the craic with everyone on the thread during the show.

But I definitely don't miss having to suffer through the quite nights with Danielle and the other twats. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having the craic with everyone on the thread during the show.

But I definitely don't miss having to suffer through the quite nights with Danielle and the other twats. :P

The odd shows here and there with the magic candle or theo burning gypsy curses at the crossroads were far outnumbered by simpering Sam and her fake sympathy or catatonic carole and her fishfinger complex. I can't get used to normal tv at this time of the night anymore though...

The odd shows here and there with the magic candle or theo burning gypsy curses at the crossroads were far outnumbered by simpering Sam and her fake sympathy or catatonic carole and her fishfinger complex. I can't get used to normal tv at this time of the night anymore though...

People ringing in (and PAYING!) to have their name written on a candle - just bizarre TV.

BUT...

I think the Papa Wango one should win some kind of IFTA/BAFTA for the most bizzaro random show ever. The "song" at the end was the icing on the cake!

flutegirl wrote: »
    Keep the faith, man, you gotta keep believing!!
    That's easy for you to say, young flute player. You haven't been let down like I have.
    To quote James Reilly, for me it's a 'logistical logarithmic progression' and I need a regular psychical fix to keep going.

(By the way, I didn't purposely write that thing about 'logistical'.. etc. That's my magic all-seeing pen at work. I wouldn't know how to spell big words like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Well Carole said that the first names that come into your mind are your angels, so obviously you haven't followed her advice, now if you do, you might just get your parking space.

Don't know if the red shoe business would suit you somehow, I'd be afraid you might get to like the open toe shoes too much. Then you might have the urge to put the red nail polish on your big toes. And then you might start dying your hair red, like Carole did, and spend the whole day trying to get it back to orange. Don't know how you'd fare out there. Although it's a good colour for the Christmas season, and you might get away with it. You might even get a surprise from Santa, nice packet of Findus Fish Fingers, wouldn't that be nice for yeh.

Come on all ye faithful...keep the faith :)

• Advertisement

That's easy for you to say, young flute player. You haven't been let down like I have.
    To quote James Reilly, for me it's a 'logistical logarithmic progression' and I need a regular psychical fix to keep going.

(By the way, I didn't purposely write that thing about 'logistical'.. etc. That's my magic all-seeing pen at work. I wouldn't know how to spell big words like that)

Woah! :eek: Thems some seriously big words for this time of night, it's a wonder the pen didn't run out of ink! :pac:

People ringing in (and PAYING!) to have their name written on a candle - just bizarre TV.

BUT...

I think the Papa Wango one should win some kind of IFTA/BAFTA for the most bizzaro random show ever. The "song" at the end was the icing on the cake!

just for you, go about 1 minute into this video ;)

just for you, go about 1 minute into this video ;)

Good find! Excellent :pac:

I think, and I'm dead serious, we should campaign to have Papa and Djaly as our entry in the Eurovision for next year!! Wnolan already has the bones of a song, and a certain someone might accompany them, making one of the mods (and a few others!) verrrryyyy happy indeed.

And on that thought I'm off to sleep, night. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Whenever the 'phone rings in 'Without a Trace'....I keep hoping it's someone looking for a 'general reading' :pac:

Orielle wrote: »
    Whenever the 'phone rings in 'Without a Trace'....I keep hoping it's someone looking for a 'general reading' :pac:

Tom should call them to find his missing pink tractor, Starella was no help at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Tom should call them to find his missing pink tractor, Starella was no help at all!

How do you know Starella was no help, were you taking to Tom ;)

BMollie wrote: »
    How do you know Starella was no help, were you taking to Tom ;)
    Starella was no help to anyone. Tom would have been better off ringing Crimeline

Orielle wrote: »

Lads, I think we all need counselling...

*runs off to find 'PRL Anonymous' helpline number*

2.44/MIN. ;)

2.44/MIN. ;)

Lol, I'll reverse the charges ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

hello all. I see this snipped is still going strong. Poor mary I hope she can afford a turkey after all she has spent this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You must have missed the memo.

It has been gone for over a week now.

...and not read post #1

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    ...and not read post #1
    .... But never late than never. Though I do sense that time is catching up on us here on this thread, and our days are numbered.

*You can take our thread, but you'll never take our freeeeeeeedoooooom!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Don't worry, TV3 will come up with a new revenue generating show from our friends in Budapest at some stage.

The best part of our victory is that we got rid of it in time for Christmas.

.... But never late than never. Though I do sense that time is catching up on us here on this thread, and our days are numbered.

*You can take our thread, but you'll never take our freeeeeeeedoooooom!*
    The thread will/should go on for another 3 to 4 months. I anticipate complaints being decided in January or even February which means March is earliest for 'last' announcements.

LOL - there's probably a similar thread ongoing over at boards.eso.tv ;) Top poster: fish_fingers_carole :pac:

Don't worry, TV3 will come up with a new revenue generating show from our friends in Budapest at some stage.

The best part of our victory is that we got rid of it in time for Christmas.

Yeah, can you imagine the number of people ringing over Christmas, doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Maybe we should start a 12 step programme to help us through our withdrawl/denial....They went so quickly, there was no time to wean ourselves off them gradually...I miss the madness of it all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Well I'm on a well earned break and don't miss having to listen to verbal diarrhea for 2 hours every night. Glad its gone before the xmas and budget, lot more people will be hurting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement