Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

championc wrote: »
    Here's a link to my complete Hyperion-2 based Image

https://app.box.com/s/a7z674n3l1skndqjg9yx

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. I've updated the Enigma2 thread.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

Just bought a box...thanks !

Will get my head into how to load and run this now. Will the guide posted a number of months ago by POG work for installing this?

I know I cant ask about OSCam here but would really like advice via PM if someone would take a minute to advise. I basically know nothing!

mods:if I have broken any rules please delete and advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Just bought a box...thanks !

Will get my head into how to load and run this now. Will the guide posted a number of months ago by POG work for installing this?

I know I cant ask about OSCam here but would really like advice via PM if someone would take a minute to advise. I basically know nothing!

mods:if I have broken any rules please delete and advise.

Easiest way to install an image is as follows:
    put the 2 files on a USB stick in the "enigma2" directory and put the stick in the rear USB port of the box
    turn off the box.
    hold the ok button on the front and turn on the box
    wait 5 secs (holding the ok button) and you will see FORC on the display on the box.
    release the ok button and press the down arrow - ENIG will be displayed.
    Press the right arrow - FACT will be displayed
    if all is well U LD will be displayed after a few seconds- then wait
    it takes about 10 minutes the box will boot into enigma when installed

POGs guide is more how to install from scratch - this image has that already done, though going through POGs guide will give you a lot of understanding of how the box works.

As for OSCam I don't use it - you can google for help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

If Bappelbe's way does not work for you, Pog's guide is still relevant up to the point of flashing an image but all plugins are all done at that point - other than maybe rescanning your terrestrial aerial (image scanned to Three Rock)

If you use my image, you can look at the Web Interface by browsing to http://box_ip:8888, username root password oscam

As well as a terrestrial scan, you may need to change the network settings to "use dhcp" or set the ip address to one of your choice (from memory the image's is set to 192.168.1.2)

If Bappelbe's way does not work for you, Pog's guide is still relevant up to the point of flashing an image but all plugins are all done at that point - other than maybe rescanning your terrestrial aerial (image scanned to Three Rock)

If you use my image, you can look at the Web Interface by browsing to http://box_ip:8888, username root password oscam

what does the web interface give you?

• Advertisement

You can stream to a computer/laptop/phone
    Some versions have a bouquet editor which is handy
    using apps (I use DreamDroid for Android) you can browse the EPG, use a virtual remote, set the timer (recording programs) and many other things that I haven't tried

(as an amusing anecdote - my 3 year old thinks that the tv turns off magically when her program is finished as I am in the next room powering the system off with my phone, claiming that all the cartoons have gone to bed - she "knows" I haven't done anything as I wasn't near the remote at the time ;-))

bappelbe wrote: »
    You can stream to a computer/laptop/phone
    Some versions have a bouquet editor which is handy
    using apps (I use DreamDroid for Android) you can browse the EPG, use a virtual remote, set the timer (recording programs) and many other things that I haven't tried

(as an amusing anecdote - my 3 year old thinks that the tv turns off magically when her program is finished as I am in the next room powering the system off with my phone, claiming that all the cartoons have gone to bed - she "knows" I haven't done anything as I wasn't near the remote at the time ;-))

Can you stream to my phone from outside my house using my public i.p or does it only work on lan?

Setup of Oscam

Browsing normally to the box gives you the webInterface which gives you all that Bappelbe said

Setup of Oscam

Browsing normally to the box gives you the webInterface which gives you all that Bappelbe said

Champ you're a champ! but I may need to pick your brain over PM about the thing we are not allowed discuss, if thats alright with you?

**warning : I'm pretty capable on all types of i.t configuration but aint got a clue where to start with this, but im sure if you point me in the right direction then i wont need any hand holding etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Is there a web browser plugin for E2? I have HDMU image

• Advertisement

Can you stream to my phone from outside my house using my public i.p or does it only work on lan?

I am sure that you could configure a VPN to get it working outside the LAN but I have not done it

pod2011 wrote: »
    Is there a web browser plugin for E2? I have HDMU image

I haven't seen a browser for E2 but there might be one out there somewhere, I think Opera works on Spark

Is it possible to stream any internet site to the alien 2 in e2 ?

Yes you can but bandwidth is an issue. Set up DynDNS on your router or whatever, then open the port on your router to allow you in from the outside. I would strongly suggest that you change the default port from port 80 though.
    Is it possible to stream any internet site to the alien 2 in e2 ?

What exactly are you trying to do ? I guess you don't just want to browse to www.boards.ie - yes ? I'm guessing that you are maybe thinking about times when Leeds Utd are featured on Al Jazeera and so will be streamed around the place ? If so, you use plugins like TSMedia

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

hi guys bought one of these 2nd hand lastweek was working fine untill i tried installing 3player box crashed tried to start up but kept crashing anyway,i had to flash a new hdmu image,the image he had was a hdmu image but on the skin it had the channel logo what skin would this be as id like to get it back,also some channels are not decoding for me but were before,such as boomerang sky action hd sky premiere hd any ideas thanks

Is it me or is champs image not opening with winzip ?

Is it me or is champs image not opening with winzip ?

Eh ? I suggest you read the guides as to what you are supposed to do.

karl75 wrote: »
    hi guys bought one of these 2nd hand lastweek was working fine untill i tried installing 3player box crashed tried to start up but kept crashing anyway,i had to flash a new hdmu image,the image he had was a hdmu image but on the skin it had the channel logo what skin would this be as id like to get it back,also some channels are not decoding for me but were before,such as boomerang sky action hd sky premiere hd any ideas thanks

Oh dear. Sounds like you deleted a perfectly good cline.

If anyone ever installs something which causes a crash after bootup, in many cases, just telnet to the box (or FTP) and delete the offending plugin

Eh ? I suggest you read the guides as to what you are supposed to do.

Hi I downloaded it from your link and couldn't extract the files there was a problem with the file!
    I downloaded it from other site now to add autotimer!

You shouldn't be extracting anything. Just flash the img and other file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 londonjohn

joe250 wrote: »
    Anyone get remote channel stream converter working on this receiver?

I got it working

I opened this with 7zip and extracted to
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Hi - I have managed to install this plugin on my Alien 2 and it seems to work ok (I can read bouquets on my main box) but I'm having problems getting the stream to play.

So, I'm trying to stream from my main box to another box that does not have a sat dish feed. I'm supposing it should work since its just a stream, but I get "service not found" "SID not found in PAT" and I'm not sure what that means.

The plugin finds the bouquets on the main box, renames them remote_xxx but they won't stream.

Any ideas!

PS - Hello to all on this board - seems a nice friendly place to spend some time learning about my sat box!

hi still have my cline but just these group of channels not clearing strange one il keep at it try get moving again thanks

hi still have my cline but just these group of channels not clearing strange one il keep at it try get moving again thanks

Forget about HDMU - it's crap by comparison to Hyperion
    joe250 wrote: »
    Anyone get remote channel stream converter working on this receiver?

I got it working

I opened this with 7zip and extracted to
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

I went about this a different way. I have an Android stick (MK809). On it I have Dreamdroid and VLC installed. It uses wireless to connect to my Lan. My Amiko is wired. With Dreamdroid I can browse the bouquets, click on the channel I want and then click Stream - which then uses VLC Player

I'm struggling to play HD but SD is perfect. Mind you, I can stream to my laptop in HD perfectly wirelessly via OpenWebIf and VLC

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Maybe the frequencies for some of those channels have changed recently? Frequency for Boomerang was changed in July so you could try re-scanning in just the transponder that channel is on.

Flex

Here's a link to my complete Hyperion-2 based Image

https://app.box.com/s/a7z674n3l1skndqjg9yx

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. I've updated the Enigma2 thread.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

last question:

has anyone managed to get this image working with a NAS rather than tethered usb harddrive?

tried tuning up to date list no joy i have vizcam would it be something in my config ,also the skin im looking for is the one" pog mo thoin " has on the start of this particular thread on how to set up receiver any idea what skin this is thanks otherwise ive no real probs with hdmu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

tried tuning up to date list no joy i have vizcam would it be something in my config ,also the skin im looking for is the one" pog mo thoin " has on the start of this particular thread on how to set up receiver any idea what skin this is thanks otherwise ive no real probs with hdmu

Vizcam is your problem, it's very hit and miss. Try using OScam.

oscam is a ****er trying to setup it had me head wrecked thats why i chose vizcam its alot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

oscam is a ****er trying to setup it had me head wrecked thats why i chose vizcam its alot easier

Vizcam won't clear everything though, Oscam, Mgcamd or CCcam are far more stable and reliable.

• Advertisement

last question:

has anyone managed to get this image working with a NAS rather than tethered usb harddrive?

You'll have to search the thread. From memory, it was covered about a month ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement