Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a Boxing or MMA club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

There is another club sharkbait MMA who just moved to Eastway

https://www.facebook.com/knockoutmmagym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Yip Ger Healy coaches them. Also a great club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

I defo want to start training again, so when you lot come up with the plan count me in and let me know please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

gah, which one to go for!! and what!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'll answer any questions ye have about waza lads but im not going to tell ye its better than everyone else and ye should train there because thats not how we roll

I also train in pankration kickboxing academy which is another excellent club.

( yes i train in two clubs its quite common )

they you also have Limerick BJJ academy with Fergal another top class instructor

There are countless other styles training around as well.

Most clubs will let you either watch a class or come try one first. Try some stuff out see which one ye like and then go for it.

The important thing lads and ladies is dont let age/fitness stop you.

• Advertisement

Anyone (older guys) ever get into the boxing? I'm in UL, but a wee bit uncomfortable as a 37 year old training beside 19 year olds. No way I'd last the pace... :(

Anyone ever do this? I've been sat in front of a computer for the last 9 months at college, and put on a bit of a gut.

I need to burn it off! Any recommendations for a boxing club or martial arts or thai boxing?

I'm an auld lad as well, 37

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Blue Shinners is starting up his latest white collar boxing event. He held interviews last weekend, it's a good introduction to the sport and the fitness side of things. Maybe give him a shout on Facebook. I did it last year and lost a lot of weight while getting into relatively good shape.

I had been in touch with him, but can't commit to the Friday night training etc with work etc, but would love to do something like that in general

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any MMA/boxing clubs for someone with cf who really needs to go at there own pace without killing themselves

• Advertisement
Advertisement