Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a Boxing or MMA club

Options
  • 20-07-2012 7:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

So i moved to limerick and i am looking for a boxing or mma club to train with and hopefully get sum sparing and fight`s, i have done a bit of boxing and muai thai, so any info would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭foams

For a boxing club i'v trained at our lady of lourdes its a good club ,good people http://www.myinfo.ie/OLL_St_Saviours/, for MMA the Combat sports center is good ,trained there, very sound people http://www.limerickmma.com/ .
    Southside boxing club has just opened and is looking for new people to train there, only two euro a training you can't go wrong, hav'nt been there but heard theres good training there, best of luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

thanks so much, i`ll look into them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If Ann O'Donoghue is still involved with Lady Of Lourdes ABC she may also be able to help you, although I think Dave Cusack may be the point of contact there now. Been a while since I was there.

Marian Moore used to be the point of contact at St Francis ABC

Below are the numbers for the people that I think would best be able to advise you in the area. They are the numbers the below names use/used for being contacted on club business in case mods think they are private numbers that I used. All the below numbers have also been used on official club listings as well.

Marian Moore 087 9626553 St Francis ABC

Ann O' Donogue 087-6421794 Lady Of Lourdes ABC

Dave Cusack 085 1501523 Lady Of Lourdes ABC

Corpus Christi ABC is another good shout.

Decland Fitzgearld is the man to talk to there and his club contact number is 086 8211258

kess73, thanks so much man, i`ll get on to them early next week to check out the story. thanks so being so helpfull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi all, late 30s dude looking maybe to do some kind of boxing type training, but a bit worried I'd be the oldest in the class...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi all, late 30s dude looking maybe to do some kind of boxing type training, but a bit worried I'd be the oldest in the class...?

There's a fitness club near where I work in the eastway business park, with a boxing ring, run by an ex/current bodybuilder by the name of Blue Shinners I think. Do a search on this forum. Think its called eastway fitness?

Edited to add... From the google machine:

Eastway Fitness Club
    www.eastwayfitnessclub.com/
    Limerick gym, fitness, weight loss, and boxing facility. ... Eastway Fitness Club - Not your ordinary gym.

Heard of that guy. Will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi seachto7, I'm in my late 30's and would love to do some boxing training also...let me know if you get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Is Eastway the best place for 'boxing for fitness' style classes or would people recommend somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

http://www.pankrationkickboxingacademy.com/Home_Page.html

This is an MMA style gym, have there own octagon out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hey lads, I am also in my 30's and would love to train also, to get off my big fat ass, we should start an over 30's fitness club :P

Buglim wrote: »
    Hi seachto7, I'm in my late 30's and would love to do some boxing training also...let me know if you get anywhere.

Will do. Sent an email yesterday. Not that I'd have a problem going to a class full of youngfellas, but it would be good if there were more people in their 30s in the group, to be able to keep up with ourselves!!

any update seachto7 ?

I would go to a class if I had a wing man :D

They recommended I do a 360 workout course. I was kind of asking which should I do? Boxing or workout courses?

Maybe if a group of 30+ lads got together, could organise a class for auld lads?

Yeah man, I would be well up for that, I could ask around to see what numbers I could gather, a lot to organize though?

Maybe it would be better if a few of us turn up to a class that is already running?

I'm up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Guys if ye have an interest in the boxing style fitness, get a few together do the boxing in Eastway. Even try out one class. Im sure ye will be well able after a few weeks.

I do the 360 at 7am myself. Let me know if ye need details on either of the classes :-)

I'd be up for the boxing anyways? What do the rest of the over 30s think?

Yeah lads, count me in also, I would love if a few of us got together and started. Over the years, I tried (and failed) the gym. Always found it a bit boring, if i had a couple of other lads to try it with and suffer with, I might stick it out a bit longer :D

I'm also thinking learning to box properly could come in handy if I ever had to defend myself from nutters on the street....

• Advertisement

When you lot thinking about doing this? I done a small bit of boxing and love to get back into it again., my fitness is not great at the min!....i think i`d join you lot

Well lads we seem to have a couple of people interested, ye should defo pick something \ somewhere and start ? (maybe a few beers first, what am I thinking...fitness...fitness.. :D)

Yup, would be up for this. I'm away on 'oliday this week though, but I'm flexible most of the time?
    Would it be worth getting in touch with one of the gyms, and say there might be a small group joining? Should we stress we are "older"...

LOL.....i`m up for this also! pm me anytime when you want to meet or whatever ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ah here lads come on...what are ye 80?

Get stuck in....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ah here lads come on...what are ye 80?

Get stuck in....

Get 'em all out to Clondrinagh some evening for a few rolls. ;)

Get 'em all out to Clondrinagh some evening for a few rolls. ;)

We cant even get you out there!!!!

But as IO said lads....give the club a shout and arrange a visit. Lads well older than 30's train with us...

Sorry but what is on out in Clondrinagh?? i go to the gym about twice a week already (mainly to jog) so I'm looking to do a bit of boxing or similar.

https://www.facebook.com/WazaKaiJuJitsu

WazaKai jujitsu club

Its a self defence based system designed for street defence. Takes influence from several styles such as judo, Jujitsu and Muay thai

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/WazaKaiJuJitsu

WazaKai jujitsu club

Its a self defence based system designed for street defence. Takes influence from several styles such as judo, Jujitsu and Muay thai

Sounds like it would be great!

Advertisement