Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bump thread :-)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

I was there on tuesday!! I just started Tuesday cos ailish said she had room in the class- I loved it!!! Felt brill after- which class are u in? I went to the 6 o clock one

That' gas!! Were you stiff the following day? I always find my legs hurt afterwards! My friend says she always feels it in her tummy muscles .. I mustn't be working them hard enough ;) I'm in the 7.15 class. Found the later class handy when working cos it gave me time to digest dinner beforehand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Excited wrote: »
    That' gas!! Were you stiff the following day? I always find my legs hurt afterwards! My friend says she always feels it in her tummy muscles .. I mustn't be working them hard enough ;) I'm in the 7.15 class. Found the later class handy when working cos it gave me time to digest dinner beforehand!!

Ya my legs were wrecked after it!All those squats are sooo hard!!I have booked in for the 7.15 for the next session of the classes , as that time would suit me better, this time only the earlier class was available.

Would any of ye be interested in meeting up some day for a coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Ya my legs were wrecked after it!All those squats are sooo hard!!I have booked in for the 7.15 for the next session of the classes , as that time would suit me better, this time only the earlier class was available.

Would any of ye be interested in meeting up some day for a coffee?

I would be interested in a coffee meet up! Monday jacks is lovely and the prices are good as well!

We got our 3D scan yesterday at MDU on o Connell street. Couldn't recommend them more highly! Husband and I are planning to bake some cookies and bring them into the office :p

Where's that place Rachineire?Any more takers for a coffee meetup?

Wow the 3d scan sounds brill!I've heard good reports about that place alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

they are brilliant in MDU, i am the same could not recomend them any more :)

www.mdu.ie is there website

• Advertisement

I wonder has pushkii had her baby?! She was due last week ya?

I wonder has pushkii had her baby?! She was due last week ya?

She did! had her early and everything!! not that i'm stalking the august thread or anything...hehe :o

Monday Jacks is right near the river on the other side of the bridge...like near the treaty stone! They are great...I've gone a few times for lunch and coffee with a girlfriend there and the prices are super reasonable and the atmosphere is great!

I have a little bit of a bone to pick...with Belissimo. My OH got me a voucher for Valentines day for a full body swedish massage. When I booked the appointment I had just found out I was expecting...I told them when I got there for my massage and was turned away, fair enough. I was told i could swap it out for an equvilent pregnancy massage but I would have to pay the difference (which I wasn't over the moon about). Since then I have tried 3 times to rebook it. Twice they havn't had a spot and when I called a couple of days ago apparently all of thier massage technicians are sick and she doesn't know when they will be back in. One girl had a baby (wonder if she is on boards? :D ) and the other two hurt thier backs? So no one can get a massage there? I asked her when I would be able to rebook and she had no estimated time for me. She said "Just call back sometime next month." I was seriously annoyed. I feel like I'm being fobbed off. Am I just being hormonal here or are they having some bad customer service? I feel like they just couldn't be bothered....:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

try the thai place in limerick on catherine street. i had a pregnancy pamper package which includes 2 1/2 hours of massage..Twas lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

[Quote=Rachineire;80363742

I would be interested in a coffee meet up! [/Quote]

You never bring me for coffee anymore Rachineire. Pooooor aul forgotten freak. I was cool once.

[Quote=Rachineire;80363742

I would be interested in a coffee meet up!

You never bring me for coffee anymore Rachineire. Pooooor aul forgotten freak. I was cool once.[/Quote]
    Haha well let's do it!! And you are still cool and definitely not forgotten :)

• Advertisement

Okey dokey, shall we try and organise something so for a coffee- dya reckon most of the Limerick girls are following this thread or should I send them a PM to let them know?Also should I pop up a thread on the Limerick city section over in the regions part?

What day would suit ye for the coffee?I'm on hols, but only for the next week, so I could do a week day, or perhaps a Saturday morning might suit people better?

I notice tishandy was having her caesarean on Monday- hope all went well for her and that we hear from her soon.

On a side line, would anyone be interested in joining a "Limerick Bump's n Babies " group on facebook if I set one up?From my own point of view, I would be on facebook more than on here, that's the only reason!Plus it would be great to put real names and faces to y'all!!Sure ye can let me know!

On a side line, would anyone be interested in joining a "Limerick Bump's n Babies " group on facebook if I set one up?From my own point of view, I would be on facebook more than on here, that's the only reason!Plus it would be great to put real names and faces to y'all!!Sure ye can let me know!

Well all of us from the July thread started a facebook group about a month or two before we all popped for some reason (you'd notice the thread goes really really quiet for no reason suddenly, that's what happened!) and we haven't looked back since! All our little ones would be around the same age so still going through the same milestones at the same time so its actually brilliant like. Might be a bit different for this group but could be useful in its own way too :) We did two meet ups already, the Dublin lot last week, and the munster ladies yesterday, it was actually great. We've been chatting (and sharing some pretty intimate stuff in fairness ha!) for the whole 9 months, well closer to 11 at this stage! so it was great we all knew a lot about each other already and there was no awkwardness really, though we were identifying some people by seeing their babies!
    But ya, especially for those of you not that far gone yet, I found myself anyway that as my social interaction with the outside world diminished (cos it does like) having the group was especially great in fairness I have spent more time chatting to some of those ladies than my real life friends, its good to have people around who knows what you're going through and won't get odd cos you've become obsessed with your baby (as you do!) For me yesterday meeting the girls and getting out of the house with the little fella all by myself did me the power of good, gives you the bit of independence back and the support is unreal too. I think it'd be great to have a similar group more local too (it was a big journey for some to come to our meet up in fairness) even if everyones at a different stage!
    What we did was get one of the girls to take charge of the group, we all sent her a link to our facebooks and she added up over there as friends and set up the group that way, so no personal info was shared here on boards :) oh ya, and make the group secret. very important. especially for a local group, fecks to random friends coming for a nosey round over there!
    I love my July group, haven't checked regular Facebook in ages! Definitely go for it! :D

how's everyone's bumps coming along anyway?

Rachineire, I have you booked for a coffee date so the next day you have off so :) I could just text you, but. lazy.

Facebook: robbing Boards punters left right and centre! Lousy, sorry mods etc.

When are ye all due again actually? Im sure ye've all mentioned but my brains are only JUST starting to cooperate again so can't remember, and as far as looking back through the posts: lazy.

Coolio-sounds good!Well I don't mind setting up the group- if people wanna send me the link to their facebook profile I'll add them to a group and sure we'll take it from there?

I'm due the end of November!

Thanks nyquistfreak! I feel like a terrible friend lol but these past two weeks I have slowed down big time...I'm finding my phone gets left down a lot more and the only thing I do on the internets is boards. Was in town today and after an hour of browsing I had to take nearly an hour break...this whole working/moving/being pregnant all at the same time thing is for the birds. No clue how woman can be pregnant, work, have other children and a social life....it's beyond me!! And I'm excited for this Facebook group! Huzzah limerick bumps :) will pm my details on! Oh and I'm due December 15th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

hello ladies! So sorry I have been a little MIA in the last while but it's hard to be motivated about anything other than sleeping at the minute! ;)

I would love a meet up! If one is being set up... count me in! 10 weeks to go and counting... due October 30th. Husband is getting very excited about our Champ coming and we've started decorating the nursery (spare room got a name upgrade!!)

Hope you all are doing well!

hazeler wrote: »
    we've started decorating the nursery

We started on that too around the same time...its mostly exactly the exact same now but piled up with good intentions with a changing mat in the middle. god for the energy or motivation to get back to that job! ;)

Ok girls, in order for me to set up the group, facebook needs me to add "friends" to the group, I've selected it to be a secret group,(is that ok with y'all)- no probs to change it to closed if ye prefer.
    If you'd like to join the Limerick Bumps N Babies facebook group, you need to add me as a friend(it only allows me to add friends to the group) and then I'll add you to the group, oki dokey?
    So here's my facebook link https://www.facebook.com/hayessiobh
    When you're sending me a facebook request, can you just add a message that you're from the Limerick bump thread, just so I don't go ignoring requests!!lol!!

OKi dokey- the facebook group Limerick Bumps n Babies is up!I have it set as a secret group, so you can't find it under a search, but if you send me a message to my facebook account(see above post for link) I'll add ya!
    So far there's myself, kvicka and Rachineire. Hazeler, sent ya a friend request so I can add ya to the group then!C'mon over girlies, the more the merrier!:-)

OKi dokey- the facebook group Limerick Bumps n Babies is up!I have it set as a secret group, so you can't find it under a search, but if you send me a message to my facebook account(see above post for link) I'll add ya!
    So far there's myself, kvicka and Rachineire. Hazeler, sent ya a friend request so I can add ya to the group then!C'mon over girlies, the more the merrier!:-)

Hey ladies, missing in action myself for the past week so missed out on all the plans!! Meet up sounds great. Will def sign up to FB page. Tks for organising things LMT! :D

• Advertisement

yay Excited!!!Will keep an eye out on facebook for your request :-)

Facebook kills boards threads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shadyk

I'm on my second set of pilates classes (which take place in Milford) with this lady. Her name is Ailish and she's a physio. While it is dear, you are being monitored and advised by a professional. I cannot recommend these classes enough :) Ailish has the bubbliest personality, the atmosphere is just so lovely, you get a tough enough workout and you get loads of advice on keeping yourself strong throughout the pregnancy and getting through labour. We have just completed the 3rd week of a 6-week session so there'll be a new batch starting again in Sep. Just be aware that the classes are booked up really early so get in asap!!

I'm also on second course with Ailish in Milford, it may be expensive but so worth it, a little bit of peace and calm each week and also a damn good workout, ie squats... Excited u know what i mean!!! Ailish is a mum of 2 and gives great practical tips throughout each class, great for newbies like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shadyk

kvicka wrote: »
    No its perfect to start now...im due Nov 9th and only started last week...so all good for u. Its really nice and helpful to get u ready for labour:) and u will meet lots of women with big bellies to talk to :)

kvicka, I'm due Nov 10th, also attending midwives clinic, could see u there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

Shadyk:) congrats...we have not much longer to go...counting the days and getting excited now. have another appointment next Thursday for a scan. Touch wood all will be fine. How is your pregnancy going?

Shadyk wrote: »
    I'm also on second course with Ailish in Milford, it may be expensive but so worth it, a little bit of peace and calm each week and also a damn good workout, ie squats... Excited u know what i mean!!! Ailish is a mum of 2 and gives great practical tips throughout each class, great for newbies like me :D

Yeah Ailish is just brilliant ... although it takes all my strength not to cry during those squats with the ball against the wall!!!!!! They just don't seem to ever get any easier!!!!! Are you signing up for the next batch of classes?? It'll be our last ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hi Ladies. Can I just ask a question on my daughters behalf.

She needs a coat of some sort, nothing too heavy as shes huffing and puffing enough :D

Shes 30 weeks now but cant seem to find anything in Limerick. Even a jacket would do for the time being.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Advertisement