Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers? It's on the 25th Aug in Four Dame Lane, downstairs. Whohoo!

Options
  • 18-07-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

That's right folks, the prodigal son of The Gentlemans Club, Coppers regular and all round nice guy Otis Driftwood is back....and this time......he means business!

[take 2]

That's right folks, we have a new boardsie joining the ranks of tGC and he goes by the name of Necronos! Welcome to boards mate!

-

To celebrate this majestic occassion I propose a Beers must take place! As per usual all are welcome! In fact the more the merrier! So let's get the Ball rolling, decide on a venue and date. Dublin will be the location - the pub is open to consideration (see below). To help our country bretheren I think we should make the date suggestions from Mid August on. (Saturday the 18th I think is perfect - but that's just me)

Pub suggestions (I will edit this as time goes on):

The Globe
    The Grand Social
    TP Smiths
    Doyles
    The Lotts
    The Mercaintile
    Bull and Castle
    The Palace
    Aginst The Grain
    Capitol
    Short Short's place!

Let's get this party started........Literally!! :)

The Bloodbath Poll - Give a Welcome to Necronos 62 votes

Friday 3rd August
    0%
    Saturday 4th August
    3%
    coffee_cakePanthro 2 votes
    Friday 10th August
    1%
    coffee_cake 1 vote
    Saturday 11th August
    9%
    Lariannecoffee_cake[Deleted User]Panthrogrames_bondswapple 6 votes
    Friday 17th August
    9%
    UnknownLarianneThe Master[Deleted User]grames_bondswapple 6 votes
    Saturday 18th August
    8%
    coffee_cake[Deleted User]Panthroswappleoddman2 5 votes
    Friday 24th August
    14%
    the_sycocoffee_cakeThe Master[Deleted User]swapplekaraokemanToniTuddlehdowneyoddman2 9 votes
    Saturday 25th August
    14%
    UnknownLariannecoffee_cakePembily[Deleted User]Panthrogrames_bondawecKamiKazeKitten 9 votes
    Friday 31st August
    19%
    UnknownMaguinedentropismallBiscuitLariannecoffee_cakeGalvaseanThe Master[Deleted User]grames_bondKamiKazeKittenLiam McPoyle 12 votes
    Saturday 1st Sept
    9%
    coffee_cakePembilyPanthrogrames_bondawecKamiKazeKitten 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    9%
    coffee_cakePembilyThe Mastergrames_bondawecKamiKazeKitten 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Saturday 1st Sept
    A most excellent idea, I'm on the phone now but I'll sticky it when I'm near the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Friday 31st August
    Shorts Shorts hands down! ... oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Grames in non mention of Cassidy's (genuine) shocker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Atari Jaguar
    That_Guy wrote: »

yeah i was reading it going wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Atari Jaguar

*AHEM*

Pub suggestions:

Short Short's place!

Come on now man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Friday 31st August
    Maguined wrote: »
    Shorts Shorts hands down! ... oh my.

As much as I love the place, how about somewhere *shock horror* different?! :pac:

TP Smiths or The Lotts bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Panthro wrote: »
    A most excellent idea, I'm on the phone now but I'll sticky it when I'm near the laptop.

Snooze ya Lose Mofo......:P

Thread stuck :cool:

Welcome Back Buddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Friday 31st August
    Larianne wrote: »
    As much as I love the place, how about somewhere *shock horror* different?! :pac:

TP Smiths or The Lotts bar?

I fear change.

Friday 31st August
    Maguined wrote: »
    I fear change.

Nothing new there then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Friday 24th August

It sounds like you have some sort of Jedi powers! "I don't need to be on the laptop to access Boards, just near it."

Also, thread needs poll.

fire-pole.jpg

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    I think decide on a location and then make a poll for the date! Handier that way!

Wouldn't mind trying somwhere different myself. I've heard good things about 'Against The Grain'.

Friday 31st August
    Wouldn't mind trying somwhere different myself. I've heard good things about 'Against The Grain'.

Would like to try this place myself only I think the layout of the place is not very 'mingly'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Atari Jaguar
    i like capitol

bluewolf wrote: »
    i like capitol

It doesn't appear so....

*glares at small 'i'*

:pac:

Atari Jaguar
    It doesn't appear so....

*glares at small 'i'*

:pac:

Okay, i like capItol.

or i lIke capitol?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Saturday 1st Sept
    I like beer

Atari Jaguar
    I like beer

i like cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Friday 24th August
    This is excellent news everything is falling into place! Dublin is gonna be riddled with Drunken Boardsies :eek:

My leaving the country beers is on 18th of August (as well as few other boardsies birthdays). Was gonna post a thread in here inviting everyone but beers is already happening so that's handy :D
    The Noc Fourm is having their beers on the 18th too.

If we can manage to have all pubs near enough each other then we can pub hop all night long :pac:

i like cock

I like vagina... It'll never happen between us. We're too dissimilar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I refuse to go. This Necronos person called us bitches.

And Otis abandoned us.

Having said that, if a venue is decided, and a date is decided (that suits, on hols at the moment, don't know when next weekend of work is) then I might turn up to give out to these 2 people.

Atari Jaguar

Not a big fan of that place - it's not set up perfectly for a beers tbh!
    i like capitol

Good shout!!

Friday 31st August
    Music in Capitol can be quite loud. :o

What about The Swan on Aungier street?! I quite like that pub. Bar staff are friendly, beer is reasonably priced and it can be mingly as there isn't that many tables! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Friday 31st August
    I can do any weekend except the first one as I will be in Eindhoven and the last one as I've a family wedding.

A change of venue would be fine with me however if Cassidys were to win out I wouldn't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Atari Jaguar
    Ooh, I may be around for this. May be.

Friday 24th August
    Cassidys or Sub Lounge! :D

Atari Jaguar
    Sub lounge has brilliant music (they played shawn michaels "sexy boy" ffs) - but not ideal for beers - since it became o'reillys they dicked about boardsies trying to organise stuff so I'd opt to steer clear! (untill maybe the end of the night)

I would like to put my weight behind the globe - they can hold an area for us, incredibly comfy, perfect for a chat - and then for the dance enclined amongst us - Rí Rá is downstairs and free in for those in the bar!!

Think it's a nice change of scenery and the best fit for what we are looking for!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

FYI - theres a noc beers on the 18th

Friday 24th August
    They were always grand for any beers I was at there but that was some time ago!

Where's the globe situated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Friday 24th August
    Sub lounge has brilliant music (they played shawn michaels "sexy boy" ffs) - but not ideal for beers - since it became o'reillys they dicked about boardsies trying to organise stuff so I'd opt to steer clear! (untill maybe the end of the night)

I would like to put my weight behind the globe - they can hold an area for us, incredibly comfy, perfect for a chat - and then for the dance enclined amongst us - Rí Rá is downstairs and free in for those in the bar!!

Think it's a nice change of scenery and the best fit for what we are looking for!

Noooooo, not the globe! They destroy you on prices after half 11, remember your birthday?

Pre-half 11: whiskey and dash = "€6ish"
    After half 11: whiskey and dash = "eh, we don't have dash >_>, that's €8.50"

:eek:

Advertisement