Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit where its due... (full Irish Breakfast)

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They used to serve it in a frying pan but don't any more. Not sure if they still do the actual breakfast either!

I certainly havnt seen it in porterhouse nassau st lately..a pity coz it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Two excellent out of town cafes I recommend are

Bram's Cafe, just around the corner from the BOI in Fairview / Marino

Newscafe, just down the road from Blackrock Village heading towards Monkstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+1 for Brams in Marino Mart
    Great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've always liked the Lovin Spoon on Blessington or Frederick Street. I haven't been there in over a year but I've always enjoyed it. It was always filling and the price was good.

I don't think it's too far out of the way for you, Degsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Kennedys in Fairview, great breakfast and better than Brams imo, Gerry's on Montague Lane is also pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've always liked the Lovin Spoon on Blessington or Frederick Street. I haven't been there in over a year but I've always enjoyed it. It was always filling and the price was good.

Nah, it's like a poncey version of a fry in there. Stick to the staple ingredients or do one. If you're on frederick street then Violets is just up the road, proper hardcore fry in there, although I haven been in years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Bambi wrote: »

Nah, it's like a poncey version of a fry in there. Stick to the staple ingredients or do one. If you're on frederick street then Violets is just up the road, proper hardcore fry in there, although I haven been in years

Reheated ****e and the picture of Thiery Henry on the wall would turn you off the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

38 posts and not a mention of Matt The Rashers on Sundrive. The benchmark of breakfasts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Cienciano wrote: »
    38 posts and not a mention of Matt The Rashers on Sundrive. The benchmark of breakfasts for me.

Agreed - superb food, cheap, and they always ask if you actually WANT the liver

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Agreed - superb food, cheap, and they always ask if you actually WANT the liver
    They must be sick of people saying they don't want the liver. Good that they give you something else for free instead!
    One of the best things is the speed. You sit down, your order will be taken in a minute, toast tea and orange juice in the next minute, and your full breakfast in about 5. Never waiting long there, which is great if you're hungover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hootanany wrote: »
    That's verry expensive Kung Fu I Phobsboro shopping centre is only €2.99

An extra 7 quid not to have to sit in the Phibsboro shopping centre sounds like a bargain to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Two sauages.

Bacon.

Black and white pudding (tasted like Clonakilty).

Two PERFECTLY poached eggs (choice of scrambled, fried or poached).

A hash brown to die for.

Mushrooms and beans.

Coffee and toast.

Man it was sooo bloody good :D

You had me unitl mushrooms.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

stovelid wrote: »
    An extra 7 quid not to have to sit in the Phibsboro shopping centre sounds like a bargain to me.

Why what's wrong with Phibsboro Shopping Centre it's a nice breakfast for €2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Hootanany wrote: »
    stovelid wrote: »

Why what's wrong with Phibsboro Shopping Centre it's a nice breakfast for €2.99

I think stovelid might have recently suffered a traumatic event close by recently.

Something to do with 4-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dancor wrote: »
    I think stovelid might have recently suffered a traumatic event close by recently.

Something to do with 4-0

It's actually just the shopping centre is grotty. I'd expunged the other matter from my brain completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Bambi wrote: »
    Dancor wrote: »
    Reheated ****e and the picture of Thiery Henry on the wall would turn you off the food.

Ah OK. It's been over a year since I was there and it may have changed since then. I don't remember any Thiery Henry either.

I wouldn't eat there if I saw him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Cienciano wrote: »

monto has always been better, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Tried Brunch in Junos today

Full Irish Breakfast - 9.25

Two sausage, two bacon, 2 poached egg, white pudding, black pudding, tomato mushroom, two slice of toast - no tea included

Sausages were tiny and reheated
    Bacon was ok - too salty for my liking, but may well be perfect for others
    Poached eggs both rock solid in centre, so well well overdone in my book
    Tomato - small but v tasty
    Mushroom - v tasty
    Toast -cold coming out, but i like my toast like that -

Major disappointment overall considering the good reviews I have read and heard

Advertisement