Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit where its due... (full Irish Breakfast)

Options
  • 18-07-2012 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Ok we whing, bitch and moan about bad service often enough!.

Here's a positive, I had to do this.

I'd a full Irish breakfast in Bruxelles this morning, and boy oh boy it blew me away!.. Jeeze I haven't had anything so good anywhere.. And I had a lovely American waitress serve me too (sorry I'd no change for a tip, you deserved one).

Anyway anyone looking for a good scram in this area would be mad not to go in.

Only negative is they charged €2:99 for one additional coffee, but the full Irish at €9:99 (including one tea or coffee) was fantastic :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I'd a full Irish breakfast in Bruxelles this morning, and boy oh boy it blew me away!.. Jeeze I haven't had anything so good anywhere.. And I had a lovely American waitress serve me too (sorry I'd no change for a tip, you deserved one).

Only negative is they charged €2:99 for one additional coffee, but the full Irish at €9:99 (including one tea or coffee) was fantastic :D

did she have a lovely bottom?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What did ya get on the plate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    What did ya get on the plate?

Two sauages.

Bacon.

Black and white pudding (tasted like Clonakilty).

Two PERFECTLY poached eggs (choice of scrambled, fried or poached).

A hash brown to die for.

Mushrooms and beans.

Coffee and toast.

Man it was sooo bloody good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

Was the meat good?.........hate those big watery "centra" sausages they give ye, or that ****e "generic" pudding. I had the fry up of the decade in Junos over on parkgate street. Id serioulsy recommend it. Amazing sausages , gourmet puddin , ****in beans , perfect eggs, lovley bacon - proper rashers, grilled tomato, mushroom, toast ...........jesus titty ****in christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Had a hangover breaky in Ambers cafe in Blanch village on sunday last. Sweet zombie jesus I was bursting afterwards. Proper meaty bangers, nice puddings and bacon. Skipped the shrooms, egg and tomatoe as dont like em and they gave me extra pig and chips!!

drool city!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Ever tried the fry in Gerry's Cafe (Wexford Street)? That's decent stuff, too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Ever tried the fry in Gerry's Cafe (Wexford Street)? That's decent stuff, too :cool:

It's a BDT, (breakfast, dinner and tea). Gerry is on Montague St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

mcgarrett wrote: »
    It's a BDT, (breakfast, dinner and tea). Gerry is on Montague St.

We talk about the same place, should have said 'off Wexford Street' ;)

And their apple tart...and the muffins...yummy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

That's verry expensive Kung Fu I Phobsboro shopping centre is only €2.99
    Or the Royal Cafe in Stephens St a fiver you must have money to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

And I had a lovely American waitress serve me too (sorry I'd no change for a tip, you deserved one)

you do know it is possible to give a note and ask them to change it, then leave a tip you hungry fecker :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

you do know it is possible to give a note and ask them to change it, then leave a tip you hungry fecker :D

The €2:99 for the second coffee done her out of a tip!.

I do actually begrudge paying for a second when I'm paying a tenner for brekkie ~ although it was fab, but still!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

The €2:99 for the second coffee done her out of a tip!.

I do actually begrudge paying for a second when I'm paying a tenner for brekkie ~ although it was fab, but still!.

I'd have thought a tenner was pretty reasonable for what you had. Sounds delish'. I vaguely remember when that hole Cafe Kylemore on O'Connell Street used to do a decent breakfast, but then, gradually, the portions got smaller and smaller and smaller.

Were the rashers good?

Did you ram everything between two slices of bread, or eat it off the plate?

And more importantly, what was the ketchup like? Sometimes you get that awful watery stuff, but sometimes it can be proper Heinz stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you're paying for quality then a tenner is grand

But if you're getting cheapest of the cheap hardly any meat at all sausages and there is Kandee ketchup on your table then you've a cheapskate owner, won't be returning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sound for making me hungry :(

Anywhere else round dublin 2 that do a decent nosebag for less than a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lunch! on Lombard street used to do a decent fry for under a tenner, been a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Viola on Baggot Street is v good - about a tenner

Noshington on SCR opposite Griffith College is nice - about a tenner also, but tea/coffee not included

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St is excellent - 6-7 for a huge plate of stuff, plenty of options, pot of tea included, no charge for a refill

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not a sit down but there's a little newsagents called o'donohues that's just past the Lombard on Pearse street. They do a very respectable breakfast roll for just over three aero's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Bambi wrote: »
    Lunch! on Lombard street used to do a decent fry for under a tenner, been a while though

their eggs are out of a box and just reheated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...must not sub to thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If you're paying for quality then a tenner is grand

But if you're getting cheapest of the cheap hardly any meat at all sausages and there is Kandee ketchup on your table then you've a cheapskate owner, won't be returning

I like kandee sauces. They rock IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

We need a proper breakfast thread. Almost every month we have a thread asking for recomendations.

Post up pictures, price, location and level of service details and have the thread stickied.

I may start this tommorow (if its ok we the mods) when I go for my weekly fry-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

their eggs are out of a box and just reheated.

What, like reheated fried eggs? I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Scram???? perhaps its one of those words you have heard often but not known how to spell or are you suggesting people should run into the area..??

scran - definition of scran by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...

www.thefreedictionary.com/scran
    Scran a collection of things to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Thanks for the recommendation dude. I happened to find myself in the city centre with a hangover at lunchtime today and dropped into Bruxelles. What an all day brekkie! Would definitely head back there, had to wait a bit for a table but it was lunchtime.

Photos are a great idea.

Does the porterhouse still do the All Day Breakfast? It used to be served in a frying pan iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

if you're up in Belfast, head up to Maggie Mays near Botanic! Full Irish breakfast for £4(could even be cheaper). It's an absolute bargain and plate full of goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that's great to hear! It's been bugging me how poor "full Irish" breakies are in general in Dublin.

Two cafes i would reccomend too...there's a place in Marrowbone lane beside the community centre does a huge breakfast for 7 quid and the cafe in finglas beside Superquin does an excellent fryup from 7.99-9.99 depending on how hungry you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Photos are a great idea.

Does the porterhouse still do the All Day Breakfast? It used to be served in a frying pan iirc.

They used to serve it in a frying pan but don't any more. Not sure if they still do the actual breakfast either!

Advertisement