Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I've got 26 daily points and 49 weekly points. Just wanted to know if anyone uses their weekly points? I tend to stick to my DP's but I'm starting to think I should be using the WP's also. Do you spread them out over the week? Would you keep them for the weekend as an extra treat? Or only have where required if your feeling that little bit more hungry? I don't attend the meetings because of work commitments so haven't spoken with my leader.

Please forgive the novice in me, just here for some advice.

Eat your weeklies. If you don't you'll feel deprived and won't be able to stock to the plan. You need to be able to have a life, go out to dinner and have a few drinks or some chocolate at that time of month. You'll still lose weight. Don't worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

keesa wrote: »
    I am so far off the wagon I can't even lie to myself anymore! I've been eating rubbish for 3 weeks now I think. So much sugar and fat that I actually feel ill and I'm far too afraid to go back to my meeting :(

Hi Keesa, Go back to your meeting and get things in check. I have times like that too and at the moment Im not doing too good food wise either, but this time I am making sure I get back to the meeting most weeks. The damage might not be too bad because you are usually really good.

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I've got 26 daily points and 49 weekly points. Just wanted to know if anyone uses their weekly points? I tend to stick to my DP's but I'm starting to think I should be using the WP's also. Do you spread them out over the week? Would you keep them for the weekend as an extra treat? Or only have where required if your feeling that little bit more hungry? I don't attend the meetings because of work commitments so haven't spoken with my leader.

Please forgive the novice in me, just here for some advice.

Hi Rachel_Ann, The 49 weeklies can be used for whatever you need them for. When I stick to my 26 dailies and 49 weeklies I usually lose weight. When I am sticking to the plan I would use them for a takeaway at the weekend or some other treat during the week. If you don't use them your body might get used to not having them and that may cause problems when you get near your goal weight. Anyway welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xugar

I use all the 49 points for weekends

Hi all

Do you think I could manage to stick to weight watchers long-term without going to meetings? We don't have any in my country (Malta) and although I managed to lose 8 kgs in 6 months when I started 2 years ago, I have now nearly regained them. The main reason was that I seemed to get to a point when I wasn't losing anymore weight and I guess I got demotivated. I have also been following a course in the evening for 2 years and that is limiting the time I have for food preparation and exercise. I am finishing the course within the next 6 months but I cannot wait till then to restart some weight loss regime as I am getting married in 18months and I want to get down to 63kg (I am now 73.5kgs).

Has anyone done WW without meetings at the most stressful and busiest time in their life...and been successful?

Any advice would be very welcome

Regards from Malta
    Sonja

xugar wrote: »
    I use all the 49 points for weekends

Hi all

Do you think I could manage to stick to weight watchers long-term without going to meetings? We don't have any in my country (Malta) and although I managed to lose 8 kgs in 6 months when I started 2 years ago, I have now nearly regained them. The main reason was that I seemed to get to a point when I wasn't losing anymore weight and I guess I got demotivated. I have also been following a course in the evening for 2 years and that is limiting the time I have for food preparation and exercise. I am finishing the course within the next 6 months but I cannot wait till then to restart some weight loss regime as I am getting married in 18months and I want to get down to 63kg (I am now 73.5kgs).

Has anyone done WW without meetings at the most stressful and busiest time in their life...and been successful?

Any advice would be very welcome

Regards from Malta
    Sonja

Hi Xugar,

I have been doing weight watchers for nearly two years now and I couldn't do it without some support but there are a lot of people who are able to do it on their own. If you can't go to meetings would you be able to buddy up with someone because that can really help with motivation. Even if you have to do it on your own come on and post here and you will get a lot of support.

Anyway welcome and good luck with your weight loss and if there is anything I can do to help just ask:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls, thinking of marinading chicken for tonight in tikka paste and FF natural yogurt, any idea how i'd point it since most the marinade will be discarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

javagal wrote: »
    Girls, thinking of marinading chicken for tonight in tikka paste and FF natural yogurt, any idea how i'd point it since most the marinade will be discarded?

I'm a bit OCD but I would
    Weigh chicken
    Put chicken and marinade into dish and weigh
    When leftover marinade is discarded put chicken back into dish
    This weight minus the weight of the chicken is the weight of marinade left!

Lost 5lb today, happy enough with that as I put on 5.5 last week by going crazy

I'm a bit OCD but I would
    Weigh chicken
    Put chicken and marinade into dish and weigh
    When leftover marinade is discarded put chicken back into dish
    This weight minus the weight of the chicken is the weight of marinade left!

Lost 5lb today, happy enough with that as I put on 5.5 last week by going crazy

My god 5lb in one week is brilliant, Well done! Wish I could be that good, really trying at the moment but struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

honeygirl wrote: »
    My god 5lb in one week is brilliant, Well done! Wish I could be that good, really trying at the moment but struggling.

Thanks! Really it's just because I put on 5.5lb last week so over the two weeks I've gained 0.5lb!

I now have six weigh ins before my sister in laws wedding to lose 12.5lb

Thanks! Really it's just because I put on 5.5lb last week so over the two weeks I've gained 0.5lb!

I now have six weigh ins before my sister in laws wedding to lose 12.5lb

I have about 13 pounds to get back to goal and I am hoping to do it in six weeks aswell so will have to up my game. Anyway good luck to both of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It depends on the week I'm having, sometimes I'll use all my weeklies, sometimes some, and other times I won't. I tend to lose about the same every week! So it doesn't make a difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

havent been on here in a couple of weeks but am delighted to report that last week I got my first silver 7! However, I was out twice over the weekend and am up 1.5 this week, which, to be honest, I'm not too bothered about because I really went all in at the weekend - even ended up in Macdonalds AND Burger King (not in the same night!), two places that I would never usually go! So Im gonna be back on track this week now and hopefully it'll only be another 4 weeks for my next silver 7!

havent been on here in a couple of weeks but am delighted to report that last week I got my first silver 7! However, I was out twice over the weekend and am up 1.5 this week, which, to be honest, I'm not too bothered about because I really went all in at the weekend - even ended up in Macdonalds AND Burger King (not in the same night!), two places that I would never usually go! So Im gonna be back on track this week now and hopefully it'll only be another 4 weeks for my next silver 7!

Well done on getting your first silver seven! I have my weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully there will be a loss. I am back exercising and really trying food wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Weigh in was yesterday. I lost 2.5lb. Chuffed, that means only 1/2 lb to lose to get rid of the holiday gain.

Went to the gym tonight after work. Really didn't want to go so I'm proud I did.

In total 47 lbs lost from my heaviest. 45 lbs to goal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Couldn't get to class. Fantastic losses here, well done everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dreading weigh in tomorrow, this week has not gone to plan at all :( Baby teething so literally not getting to have dinner until I'm too wrecked to cook properly. Making stupid choices. Gahhh.

Went to my weigh in today and stayed the same, am happy enough with that as it is my time of month.

Everyone is doing really well! Onwards and Downwards:)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Weigh in was yesterday. I lost 2.5lb. Chuffed, that means only 1/2 lb to lose to get rid of the holiday gain.

Went to the gym tonight after work. Really didn't want to go so I'm proud I did.

In total 47 lbs lost from my heaviest. 45 lbs to goal!!

Hi Jwacqui, Well done! You seem to be motoring along and that 45lb will be gone in no time. You are so focused and should be very proud of yourself, losing weight is hard to do.

Dreading weigh in tomorrow, this week has not gone to plan at all :( Baby teething so literally not getting to have dinner until I'm too wrecked to cook properly. Making stupid choices. Gahhh.

Hi lilmissprincess, Give yourself a break, it is very hard when you have little ones to look after, especially when they are teething. Remember once you are trying you are winning!

After a few terrible weeks I went back to my meeting yesterday and weighed in. I'm up 3.5 much less than I thought, putting me at 4.5 lb back above goal. This is day 3 back on track and it feels great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I need to go back to my meeting and stop messing. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

After a bad week and nearly skipping class yesterday I was down 2lbs and got my first stone!

Absolutely delighted and so happy my OH convinced me to go to class :)

IrishAlice wrote: »
    After a bad week and nearly skipping class yesterday I was down 2lbs and got my first stone!

Absolutely delighted and so happy my OH convinced me to go to class :)

Hi IrishAlice, Well done for getting your first stone:)

I need to go back to my meeting and stop messing. Seriously.

Go back to your meeting and maybe that will be the motivation that you need. You'll be delighted when you get to goal and you will get there!

It's been 1 year, I think to the day even, since I joined ww. I was so ashamed and embarrassed to be walking up those stairs, to have gotten to a point where I needed to go to weight watchers. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be the one on a proper diet. I didn't believe I'd get to goal ever but I thought maybe I'd lose half a stone and that would make me feel better. I weighed in at 11 6.5. I was horrified, I thought I was10 9 or 10.

I stuck to the plan on week 1 and lost 5lb. That's when I realised it could really work. I kept at it, fell off the wagon a few times but got to goal in February. 2 stone lighter and from almost a 14 to a size 8-10 and it's still off. I'm so glad I owned up to my weight and food problems and went.

I'm just posting this here in case anyone is browsing trying to work up the courage to go to join, or get back on track. It is so worth it. I'm so much happier and more confident

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Got my first stone despite an appalling week. Down 15lb in a month :) Two more stones until goal, but I can get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭magicgal

Does anybody know if you have to pro point parsnips on filling and healthy plan? Presume you don't but just would ask just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

magicgal wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you have to pro point parsnips on filling and healthy plan? Presume you don't but just would ask just in case
    They are 0 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

2a98v8p.jpg

Very productive day!

Had a nice lie on. Went to the gym, came home made a lovely lunch.

Homemade chicken curry free on filling and healthy and only 10 pro points!

Now at the cinema and having some weeklies. A small popcorn for 7 pp and a crunchie for 5pp with a large Coke Zero.

244whzb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 connolly1991

Returning member here. Lost 70 pound 3 years ago I have gained back 20 though. I feel as though I need to join WW again to get me back on track. Me and my partner are disgraceful at eating bad food but we made a promise tonight. So Monday will be my first meeting at WW. I rely on bad food too much I need to stop as soon as :( I look forward to coming home and looking at menus to order with my partner. Im approx 10 stone 11 I'd say but want to be 9 :) a long road ahead

Advertisement