Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Festival Survival Kit/Essentials

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Bumping this thread because I'm going back this year, any new "must brings" in the past two years? I'm making it harder for myself this time as I'm staying 3 extra nights in the UK so have even more to squeeze into hand luggage. Damn wellies taking up space and weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

I dont bother with wellies at festivals anymore, unless its forecast to be really really wet.

Light hiking boots are better, more comfortable to walk in, your legs dont get as tired. (if you have a pair).

fits wrote: »
    I dont bother with wellies at festivals anymore, unless its forecast to be really really wet.

Light hiking boots are better, more comfortable to walk in, your legs dont get as tired. (if you have a pair).

That's a good tip...can't plan for that at this stage until I see the forecast but nothing worse than wellies on a warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Toilet roll and a huge must have - a phone that's not a smartphone so the battery will last you a few days.Queuing to charge your phone is a huge pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

My 2c.

Tent: you can get a crap one in a supermarket/department store for maybe €20/€30, and hope for the best if it rains. For €60, you can get one in an outdoor shop (something like a Vango) that will keep out the rain and breathe, so you don't wake up with a puddle of sweat in the tent. You'll be able to use a decent or half decent tent for years.

Sunblock for Irish people: put it on once and forget about it. http://www.irishbodycare.com/departments/parasol-sun-care.aspx

Cheapass sunglasses from Lidl/Aldi/Tesco/Dunnes that cost a fiver but still have the necessary UVA/UVB protection. If you break them or lose them, so what.

Folding stools from Tesco for a fiver.

• Advertisement

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Toilet roll and a huge must have - a phone that's not a smartphone so the battery will last you a few days.Queuing to charge your phone is a huge pain.

I use like lockerhouse, secure lockers that have charging points as well as being safe for passport etc. Debating picking up a cheap payg anyway, either that or bring my old phone as well as my new one, both smartphones. Better than bringing a camera

Tent wise I'm sorted. Going with my best uni friend and she lives in UK and has a proper tent. One less thing to worry about carrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

New Uk airport security checks-electrical items in hand luggage must be charged else you will be denied boarding. Althouggh its for both inbound and outbound passengers, probably not so much an issue for you until you're returning home.

Frito wrote: »
    New Uk airport security checks-electrical items in hand luggage must be charged else you will be denied boarding. Althouggh its for both inbound and outbound passengers, probably not so much an issue for you until you're returning home.

Not coming home until the Wednesday thanks, so will be well showered and all batteries charged ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

External batteries have come down in price - I have one of these and it's very handy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/15000mAh-Portable-Ultra-High-External-lightning-White/dp/B00D5VAYRU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1405029466&sr=8-14&keywords=anker+battery

If you have the space, pool shoes/flip flops can be worn in the shower, or used like slippers if the weather's nice.

Advertisement