Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

So then a legal expert after hearing your story in full, decided it was not a sham marriage, it was entered into fairly by both parties, who intended to enter and maintain maritial relationships.

You tell us ye have lived together for 11 years, yet she claimed Asylum in 2001,11 years ago. Ye lived together from 2001 to 2006 when ye got married, that's 5 years of I assume good times. Then you would have to have remained married for another 3 years for her to apply for citizenship. Then at some point things go sour. But you keep living with her, I really don't understand, what's going on to be honest.

We have an open marriage since 2007 .The reason I live with her is frankly I cannot remove her from my house .A divorce can only be granted if she agrees .This she will agree to if she gets a local authority house.
    You ever put your fingers in glue .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

You got married in 2006. You must be legally resident in the state for five years and time spent as an asylum scammer doesn't count, so the earliest she could have applied for citizenship was in 2011. The processing time is 24 months.

So how did receive Irish citizenship so quickly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

IrishAm wrote: »
    You got married in 2006. You must be legally resident in the state for five years and time spent as an asylum scammer doesn't count, so the earliest she could have applied for citizenship was in 2011. The processing time is 24 months.

It's 3 years legal residence for a spouse of an Irish citizen, those applications from what I have seen are also decided quicker, so her application could have been made is 2009.

It's 3 years legal residence for a spouse of an Irish citizen, those applications from what I have seen are also decided quicker, so her application could have been made is 2009.

Forgot about that. Its Sunday, these mistakes are allowed.

She applied in 2009 which is possible and wait another 24 months.

• Advertisement

atkin wrote: »
    We have an open marriage since 2007 .The reason I live with her is frankly I cannot remove her from my house .A divorce can only be granted if she agrees .This she will agree to if she gets a local authority house.
    You ever put your fingers in glue .

You are incorrect about her having to agree to a divorce. We have a no fault divorce system, once you can show that you are separated for the required time the court will grant divorce once satisfied proper provision has been made. I assume that is the issue proper provision.

So just so I have this right, this lady and you meet, either before or after her arival in the state. She could not get a permission so she claimed asylum want through the process for 5 years and refused. Then she married you in 2006 and she was given stamp 4. Then ye have had an open relationship since 2007 and a separation at some stage. Now she continues to live in your house because I assume neither of ye can afford to rent or buy. Now ye want a divorce but as you don't want her to live in your house or sell the house and divide up the assets, she and you want the Iridh state to house her and children so you can get her out of your life. You wonder why I am confused that you have an issue with the immigration system.

You are incorrect about her having to agree to a divorce. We have a no fault divorce system, once you can show that you are separated for the required time the court will grant divorce once satisfied proper provision has been made. I assume that is the issue proper provision.

So just so I have this right, this lady and you meet, either before or after her arival in the state. She could not get a permission so she claimed asylum want through the process for 5 years and refused. Then she married you in 2006 and she was given stamp 4. Then ye have had an open relationship since 2007 and a separation at some stage. Now she continues to live in your house because I assume neither of ye can afford to rent or buy. Now ye want a divorce but as you don't want her to live in your house or sell the house and divide up the assets, she and you want the Iridh state to house her and children so you can get her out of your life. You wonder why I am confused that you have an issue with the immigration system.

Like you said the courts would not grant a divorce unless there is proper provision. My house was bought and paid for I am not about so sell it and give her half the money.The woman never paid 1 cent for it. I have a separation agreement that she has no right to the house.I can apply for a divorce on this too even if she lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If you have been married since 2007 isn't it both your house?

I disagree with Researchs assessment it sounds to me like you want the Irish State to remove her from the Country as opposed to housing her.

If you are not legally longterm resident in the state, you should not be allowed marry. Its pretty common for fraudulent asylum seekers to marry naive EU/Irish citizen to circumvent Irish immigration law, when it becomes apparent that their bullshyte claims will be rejected.

Sham marriages have gotten so widespread here, that the Latvian authorities have even getting involved, to protect their own citizens. Its a joke.

We are a small island. Its pretty easy to control the borders.

Revoking citizenship
    The Minister for Justice and Equality can revoke your certificate of naturalisation if:

You obtained it through fraud, misrepresentation or concealment of material facts or circumstances
    You have, through an overt act, failed in your duty of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State
    You were ordinarily resident outside Ireland (other than in public service) for a continuous period of 7 years and, without a reasonable excuse, did not register your name and a declaration of your intention to retain Irish citizenship with an Irish diplomatic mission or consular office or with the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis
    You are also, under the law of a country at war with the State, a citizen of that country
    You have, by any other voluntary act other than marriage or registration of civil partnership, acquired citizenship of another country.

If you want her out, tell her that unless she leaves your property, you will apply for her naturalisation to be rescinded based on the above.

No chance it would be, like. But it might get her to move on.

• Advertisement

Revoking citizenship
    The Minister for Justice and Equality can revoke your certificate of naturalisation if:

You obtained it through fraud, misrepresentation or concealment of material facts or circumstances
    You have, through an overt act, failed in your duty of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State
    You were ordinarily resident outside Ireland (other than in public service) for a continuous period of 7 years and, without a reasonable excuse, did not register your name and a declaration of your intention to retain Irish citizenship with an Irish diplomatic mission or consular office or with the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis
    You are also, under the law of a country at war with the State, a citizen of that country
    You have, by any other voluntary act other than marriage or registration of civil partnership, acquired citizenship of another country.

If you want her out, tell her that unless she leaves your property, you will apply for her naturalisation to be rescinded based on the above.

No chance it would be, like. But it might get her to move on.

From an earlier post .I wrote to the INIS and said I did not want to support her application for a passport .The marriage was for her child to come here and that she worked illegally before marriage.They replied noted and gave her the passport.

Zambia wrote: »
    If you have been married since 2007 isn't it both your house?

I disagree with Researchs assessment it sounds to me like you want the Irish State to remove her from the Country as opposed to housing her.

Really the best option is that she get a house. I doubt if they will remove her as she has 4 children here too.

If you are not legally longterm resident in the state, you should not be allowed marry. Its pretty common for fraudulent asylum seekers to marry naive EU/Irish citizen to circumvent Irish immigration law, when it becomes apparent that their bullshyte claims will be rejected.

Sham marriages have gotten so widespread here, that the Latvian authorities have even getting involved, to protect their own citizens. Its a joke.

We are a small island. Its pretty easy to control the borders.

Perhaps they should make a rule that no divorce can be applied until 5 years after the marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Really the best option is that she get a house. I doubt if they will remove her as she has 4 children here too.
    Fair Enough

I owe Research an Apology. Research sorry your assessment was correct.

But re the house she would have a cliam to it?

They will not remove her. Not a chance in hell, as she is now as Irish as you or I. You might not like that fact, but due to your actions in 2006, you were the one that helped facilitate it.

In fact, if shes savvy and it seems that she is, she will be looking to get her children naturalised, so they avoid non EU fees when attending college.

If I were you, I would focus on getting her out of your home instead of trying to get her deported. You have a chance with the former and none with the latter.

A single mother with four childers. Not only would she have a claim for it, she would be bumped up the list. Its needs based, not time based.

I think you have to be in receipt of rent allowance to get on the housing list though. Not 100 per cent on that.

Fair Enough

I owe Research an Apology. Research sorry your assessment was correct.

The claim was given up in the separation agreement.
    Women will always have an agenda .
    My first marriage an Irish woman, normal I met so many basket cases.
    Agenda children.
    Second marriage agenda, to help bring up her children and as you see.
    No love.
    I have a Ladyboy girlfriend now beautiful and easier.
    I am hoping QED .

A single mother with four childers. Not only would she have a claim for it, she would be bumped up the list. Its needs based, not time based.

I think you have to be in receipt of rent allowance to get on the housing list though. Not 100 per cent on that.

True.In the hands of the state nannies.
    My immediate worry is she wants her Mother to live here, she is bored.

No it's the other way around you need to be on the housing list to get rent allowance.

No it's the other way around you need to be on the housing list to get rent allowance.

Thanks. Anyway, it just reinforces my opinion about the quality of some people Shatter is awarding citizenship to. Fraudulent asylum seekers should never be awarded citizenship. Their whole basis of entering the country was based on lies.

EU citizens, welcome. Skilled non EU citizens, cead mile failte. Everyone else, slan leat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would assume that some civil servant actually makes the decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks. Anyway, it just reinforces my opinion about the quality of some people Shatter is awarding citizenship to. Fraudulent asylum seekers should never be awarded citizenship. Their whole basis of entering the country was based on lies.

EU citizens, welcome. Skilled non EU citizens, cead mile failte. Everyone else, slan leat.

Why aren't other non-EU citizens welcome? So what about unskilled, non-EU students who generate hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of revenue in college fees and tax (for those who work the permitted 20 hours per week) and other non-direct taxes (ie: VAT).

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

your both criminals,she and her offspring should be sent back to where they came from.you should face charges,you have some neck coming here looking for sympathy

This link poses another question on fingerprints.They have only begun to have co operation with the UK authorities not to mention mainland Europe.

How many sought Asylum elsewhere or have criminal records. ?
    There have been some embarrassing ones in the past.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...311332116.html

pontia wrote: »
    your both criminals,she and her offspring should be sent back to where they came from.you should face charges,you have some neck coming here looking for sympathy

No I don't need sympathy .They had the opportunity to send her back after 2 weeks here when she went to the Garda station with a priest. My intention was for her to get work and a work permit and do it properly.I knew this action would only be trouble.

its self inflicted.you entered an illegal sham marriage knowing you broke the law,how much were you paid ?

pontia wrote: »
    its self inflicted.you entered an illegal sham marriage knowing you broke the law,how much were you paid ?

Nothing only abuse from her.Never marry any women with children and only live in a rented house preferably theirs .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gilligan.Mark

It's your house as you have already stated. She has no claim which you have also stated. Just remove her items and change the locks. If ye're separated and she breaks the window, involve the cops to arrest and remove her for vandalism. It's harsh but she used you.

You're also an idiot for what you did, but that doesnt excuse her.

im now playing the worlds smallest violin,u still havent said how much you were paid ?

• Advertisement

I would assume that some civil servant actually makes the decisions.

I would like to hear what some front line civil servants have to say about immigrants and asylum seekers.I saw one African woman in the dole office this morning raising hell .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement