Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best riposte to someone who says 'Do you know who I am?'

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Yes I owned the bar, it was a former taoiseach who can take a lot of responsibility for the destruction of Ireland and forcing many people to emigrate including several of my customers, also his incompetence caused heavy financial losses for many retired regulars who feel that Ireland has let them down and now spend their time here.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You see Schmucks from the Entertainment Industry swanning down grafton st. from time to time .'Look at me everybody you are so lucky to-day seeing me seeing you so you can tell everybody '...
    They are good on a guitar or sing a bit but no use at a lot of other things but a naive fan makes an expert out of them on everything .....religion or politics .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

paddyandy wrote: »
    You see Schmucks from the Entertainment Industry swanning down grafton st. from time to time .'Look at me everybody you are so lucky to-day seeing me seeing you so you can tell everybody '...
    They are good on a guitar or sing a bit but no use at a lot of other things but a naive fan makes an expert out of them on everything .....religion or politics .

Yeah, how dare those pampered luvvies have an opinion on anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I would generally say "Really???" and if the person was a gob****e later in the night, I would still say "Really???", so when someone drops a name I actually say "Really???" and then forget about it : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

If female:

1. Sorry I didn't recognise you, you must have piled the pounds on recently.
    2. Sorry, I didn't recognise you, Twink. (Given that she's a complete wagon and no one in their right mind would want to be mistaken for Twink).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Q: Do you know who I am?

A: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you take your head out of your own arse now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

That would be brilliant. Especially if the stuck-up celebrity was Liam Neeson. You'd dine out on that story for the rest of your life.

Under normal circumstances, a simple 'Yes' would be my choice, accompanied by a perfectly straight face.

Advertisement