Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see this? Finally we're getting the movie we have been waiting for. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

It's a series, not a movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I didn't phrase myself well, I know that it's a series, but it's going to be released in the full 90 minute format with the limited edition of halo 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ever since Landfall, I've been waiting for this. Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I think this shows that a Halo movie could definitely be made. Not a big fan of the actor, they are using his voice instead of the original (and still in Halo 4) Chief's voice actor, I think they could have had the guy in the suit and him doing the voiceover! But, that's my only niggle in an otherwise beautiful thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I think this shows that a Halo movie could definitely be made. Not a big fan of the actor, they are using his voice instead of the original (and still in Halo 4) Chief's voice actor, I think they could have had the guy in the suit and him doing the voiceover! But, that's my only niggle in an otherwise beautiful thing!

There's no doubt that a Halo movie could be made, they won't because the cinema audience wouldn't be large enough to make a decent profit. I'm happy they're not making a movie, i'm afraid they'd only screw it up.

And coming from the words of 343 why the chief's voice is different:
    What happened to Chief’s voice? That’s not the Steve Downes I was looking (listening) for!

Quite correct, that’s not the heroic growl you’re used to hearing coming out of that helmet, but just like the armor that is the result of some very specific (and challenging) decisions about how to best integrate Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn into the existing fiction. Light spoiler incoming, but we’ve already announced that the series takes place right around the beginning of the Human-Covenant war, which in our universe means we’re somewhere in the neighborhood of the year 2526. Since most of the time we’ve spent with the Master Chief in the games so far takes place right around the end of that war, which means we’re used to hearing Chief’s voice around the year 2552. Applying a bit of maths, the Master Chief you see and hear in the trailer is around 26 years younger than what you’re used to. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t sound the same 26 years ago, and while we love Steve Downes’ voice it wouldn’t make sense for Chief to have had the same exact voice across three decades of war. Because we wanted to maximize consistency, we first tried to “de-age” Steve Downes’ voice, but all efforts there ended up with something that sounded like an awesome reject from Alvin and the Chipmunks. With that option off the table, we turned to the great casting team we used for the rest of the actors in the show to find us a younger sound-alike voice actor to provide younger Chief’s voice, with the aim being that if you close your eyes and squint your ears just a bit, the voice you hear from Chief makes you think “yeah, put that voice through 26 years of hell and battle and he’ll end up sounding like the Chief I know.” This is a really sensitive subject for a lot of people because voices are so important in connecting to a character, but I think we have a solution that works for both character and consistency… give young Chief a shot, and I hope you’ll agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Awesome series is awesome... especially liked to look of
    the Elite in the third episode and the spartans

Had a bit of a semi watching it if I'm gonna be honest :pac:

****ing hell yes to everything about that episode.

**** me it's awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Really liking this series, the biggest problem I've always had with the games is that I could never take the covenant threat seriously, they always had this Gremlins comic relief vibe instead of being on par with Aliens or Predators.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Really liking this series, the biggest problem I've always had with the games is that I could never take the covenant threat seriously, they always had this Gremlins comic relief vibe instead of being on par with Aliens or Predators.

Understand what you mean entirely. Really glad they got the Covenant looking a damn side more scary in the series, as we're essentially supposed to be seeing them from a young cadets point of view as opposed to the super soldiers we're used to playing the games as. And on top of all that I'm liking how much more of a serious threat the Prometheans are looking like for the game. Should help to give the game that deeper vibe they seem to be aiming for. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dying to watch this, holding off for the 90 minute Limited Edition version though!

hunters! helmets removed on 2 spartans!

and thats the end of that.

brilliant. if thats what can be done, gimme a movie please. even with the MC as a 'minor' character like this

kaimera wrote: »
    hunters! helmets removed on 2 spartans!

and thats the end of that.

brilliant. if thats what can be done, gimme a movie please. even with the MC as a 'minor' character like this

wow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

the last chapter was indeed terrific.

Liked the end segment in the Pelican..... the Spartans were just kids too at that point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

fcuking awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

This was a great series. I would some more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I giggled like a little girl when
    master chief showed up in episode 4
    . The goosebumps...

• Advertisement

I giggled like a little girl when
    master chief showed up in episode 4
    . The goosebumps...

I'd be lying if I said I didnt have a semi when watching it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The eps are really enjoyable i must say.

The wife is now off buying it for me..

The eps are really enjoyable i must say.

The wife is now off buying it for me..

I wish my missus was as understanding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone know what the
    black coal thing was that the chief picked up off the ground and gave to lasky?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone know what the
    black coal thing was that the chief picked up off the ground and gave to lasky?
    piece of the hunter the Chief exploded
    I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

ah i suppose so it looked like a piece of coal so i was like wtf, probably the best fight in the whole series.

I really hope they make a film now as they have the tech and the equipment to do so.

kaimera wrote: »
    piece of the hunter the Chief exploded
    I thought

That's exactly what it was, was cool seeing it
    rounded off and part of his "tags".
    Such a good mini series.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That's exactly what it was, was cool seeing it
    rounded off and part of his "tags".
    Such a good mini series.

I thought it was the dog tags coiled up/melted?

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought it was the dog tags coiled up/melted?

No it was
    the Hunter fragment and Chylers dog tags (he took them when she died) that the older Lasky had in his hands at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

It was all fine up until the last episode. All those show motion shots were terrible. Looked like it was filmed by a twelve year old.

And then Fred and Kelly show up wearing Spartan III armor about 25 years before it even exists. WTF like?

Advertisement