Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Held off on watching the series as I wanted to watch the full length version. Watched it lastnight.

Wow. Really couldn't get over how good it was. Sure the CG was obvious in places but that was to be expected with the budget. I enjoyed the first 45 moinutes getting to know the cadets but I was grinning like a kid when
    the Chief showed up. Everything from the invasion onwards was brilliant. Loved when he planted the grenade in the hunter. And I loved the sense of awe the kids had towards the SPARTANS, seeing kelly and fred at the end was a nice touch.
    Plus it fleshes Lasky out nicely for the game (though I didn't get why he
    seemed to be commanding Infinity
    already...) and now I get why he seemed to know the Chief when they met.

Might be the closest thing to a Halo movie proper we'll see for a while but it definitely shows that it could be done. I reckon focusing on a regular human as the main character might not be a bad idea if they do make a movie, it gives the audience a more human character to latch onto. They also wouldn't need to get a big actor for the chief then and have him take off his helmet! :pac: On the other hand though a film which focuses on Chief & Cortana's relationship as the main character hook could be bloody great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Loved when he planted the grenade in the hunter.

Am I the only one annoyed that this didn't make it into the game? I'd love to be assassinate hunters like that :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Am I the only one annoyed that this didn't make it into the game? I'd love to be assassinate hunters like that :P

That was actually the first thing that came into my head too, would make them a lot easier to deal with that's for sure.

Advertisement