Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Chat / Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Did you go up to see the sarcophagus in the church?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Did you go up to see the sarcophagus in the church?

No, we did'nt realise the history that is there . - will go back again though ( agw )

214141.JPG
    214142.JPG

them yokes, We were talkng about them last night

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Since you are talking about beaches, i spent the afternoon in duncannon beach

the tide was in nearly to the full and the water was lovely and warm,

its nice to make the most of the sun when we get it as we don't get it too often

214141.JPG
    214142.JPG

Well at least if Strongbow and Aoife are not there in body and soul , they are there in concrete .

• Advertisement

Granite :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Granite :rolleyes:

Pedantics :D:D

New shop open in town opposite the Dunbrody Famine Shop - Celtic Treasures

Saw a new shop in Wexford at weekend, a coffee and pastry shop, beside (old) Furlongs in the Bull Ring. Called Lilly's

Also new Tea/Spice shop two doors down from it towards the BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Tis nice to see new shops opening, but they don't be long about closing either........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

My grandmother is buried in that cemetery and it is quite a place. If you happen to be there on a day when the fog is dense, the whole area has such an aura...one that would be perfect for a film location. I recall as a child my grandmother and I riding there on our bikes at 2am, as we had gone home late from a great night of music at an uncle's house in Bannow and on reaching home 4 miles away, realized that she did not have the house key. When St Anthony did not come up with the goods, she decided that there was no other option but to go back to Uncle's house and if it wasn't there to go to the graves, where she had earlier that day cut the grass. I was just twelve and so terrified of going down there in the black dark with just a bicycle lamp to show us the way round the graveyard. Well, after another session of earnest prayers to the man himself, followed by much scraping of loose grass, the key appeared bright and shiny! I recall telling my gran how frightened I was and her response was thus ' child, don't you ever forget that the dead will never harm you, but the living would kill you for sixpence' Oh the joys of a rural childhood and the memories they leave. Gran lived to be a 100 and I now visit her place, remembering to check before leaving that my house key is on my person!!!

Business'es in New Ross town centre in darkness due to power failure overnight .

Post Office closed among many others .

ESB working on it on Charles St.

Grainne Murphy was also well below her best in the heats of the 400m freestyle, the 19-year-old some 10 seconds off her qualifying time as trailed home in eighth place. Murphy, whose training has been disrupted as she recovered from a virus this season, could only post a time of 4:19.07

Disappointing for Grainne in the 400m free-style .- Does anyone know if she is competing in the 800m free-style ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Yes, in the third heat on Thursday. She's in lane 7. Plus it's her better discipline.

Best of Luck Adam Nolan Enniscorthy tonight 10:15pm RTE 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

Well Done to Adam Nolan , Roll on the next fight!

Best of Luck Adam Nolan Enniscorthy tonight 10:15pm RTE 2 :)

Thought he was an Oulart man myself.

Good first two rounds. Backed off in the third.

Well done him.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought he was an Oulart man myself.

Good first two rounds. Backed off in the third.

Well done him.

He's from Davidstown , which is about 3 miles from Enniscorthy .........you're spending too much time listening to Jimmy Magee . :)

Anyone know how Grainne Murphy got on, as I was working this am and missed her swim.

Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Guys this chap Adam Nolan is from the Ballagh. Whose postal address is Enniscorthy although it is 13 km from Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I had to laugh, when at circa 10:37pm (on a Sunday night) during the fight, Jimmy Magee poses the question -

"I wonder is there anybody in Oulart-The Ballagh training right now?"

havetoquit wrote: »
    Anyone know how Grainne Murphy got on, as I was working this am and missed her swim.

Thanks a lot.
    Grainne Murphy was also well below her best in the heats of the 400m freestyle, the 19-year-old some 10 seconds off her qualifying time as trailed home in eighth place. Murphy, whose training has been disrupted as she recovered from a virus this season, could only post a time of 4:19.07

There ya go ...........watch out for Grainne again next Thursday

Thanks. Ah, poor girl and not at all sure if she should have been put through this, as it does not seem at all, fair owing to the fact that she had Glandular Fever, which was played down and.

It takes so long to recover from that and they were so desperate for her to enter that they publicly called it a 'virus'. One wonders if the athletes personal choices are always being catered for, or are they influenced by their trainers to the extent that they push themselves to such limits to then suffer such disappointment?

Anyway, I do feel for her, as she is not at the level we all know she can be when fit enough.

Perhaps I have misunderstood this, but that is coming from official news on her.

He's from Davidstown , which is about 3 miles from Enniscorthy .........you're spending too much time listening to Jimmy Magee . :)

He's from the ballagh and i hate with a passion jimmy mcgee. haven't or won't be watching anything of the Olympics on rte. not when one can have 24 hd channels on a freesat hd box.:pac:

Thanks a lot.

Unlucky Grainne :
    WEXFORD swim star Grainne Murphy has had to pull out of the 800m freestyle heats, thereby ending her London Olympics dream.

What a shame, but well done to her for all her efforts. She was not well enough really to have been put through, so don't know what her trainer was thinking... but on the other hand perhaps she insisted on giving it a go.

100_3865.jpg

Afternoon tea on Wexford's only River Restaurant

Lovely pic and have you actually had the experience of the afternoon tea? If so would like to hear, as having a swarm of German friends over soon and wondered if it might be a nice idea for one of our days out. Where does it leave from and how long is the trip? Does it pass or disembark at any historical sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭mobby

Lovely pic and have you actually had the experience of the afternoon tea? If so would like to hear, as having a swarm of German friends over soon and wondered if it might be a nice idea for one of our days out. Where does it leave from and how long is the trip? Does it pass or disembark at any historical sites?

Here you go http://www.rivercruises.ie/faqs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Afternoon tea on Wexford's only River Restaurant

Looks like you missed the boat:pac:

Had a good afternoon (despite the 2 torrential showers) at the 1798 re-enactment on Vinegar Hill.Great turnout despite the weather & good to see many were visitors to the town.

Advertisement