Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nas - Life Is Good

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

It is a good album but it is not better than Childish Gambinos Royalty for example imo. Not regretting buying it, but not getting played a lot.

Did you buy the normal version or the deluxe ? The bonus songs on the deluxe are quality. I love the album, so many standout tracks , daughters, queens story, back when, trust etc.

I bought it today along with distant relatives which I only had bits of, also bought channel orange.

Listened to childish gambino a while back when a thread was started here about him but I just totally forgot about him, havnt listened to him in ages maybe a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Still havent heard this album, gonna have to give it a listen tomorrow morning after all the raving it's getting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Did you buy the normal version or the deluxe ? The bonus songs on the deluxe are quality. I love the album, so many standout tracks , daughters, queens story, back when, trust etc.

I bought it today along with distant relatives which I only had bits of, also bought channel orange.

Listened to childish gambino a while back when a thread was started here about him but I just totally forgot about him, havnt listened to him in ages maybe a year or so.

Deluxe, its a good album just was expecting more from it.

He is good in fairness to him, good lyrics and production and he is one of the few newer artists I like atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Now Distant Relatives is a ****ing album!! Up there with illmatic in my book!

Wasn't straight hip-hop but an undeniable classic. Maybe I'm just disappointed to hear Nas over non-Marley production!

floggg wrote: »
    Now Distant Relatives is a ****ing album!! Up there with illmatic in my book!

Wasn't straight hip-hop but an undeniable classic. Maybe I'm just disappointed to hear Nas over non-Marley production!

@conor, it might grow on you more in the future, you never know. Regards to gambino, I liked what I did hear so I must make time for him again !

Distant relatives is class man, agree 100 with you. Wasn't straight hip hop but it was fused with reggae in which arguably hip hop stemmed from. Hip hop and reggae go hand in hand, both are my favourite genres and they compliment each other so well both nas & Marley aswell as the genres.

Like I said to Conor , it might grow on you. Compared to nas previous few solo efforts , I think it's a lot lot better. The only tracks I don't like are summer on smash and accidental murders. Be sure to listen to the bonus tracks too, I think their excellent and worth the few extra quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

This:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ayo whattup, whattup. The greatest reviewer of all time, Big Ghost aka The Hands of Zeus aka Volcano Hands aka the mighty powerful Cocaine Biceps also known as Galaxy Knuckles n the illustrious Phantom Raviolis, has finally spoken about the album. And man does he speak. Each track gets about 10 lines, and the total word count comes to 3,764 words. You won't find anything like that anywhere else, nahmean b.

He has such a way with words. It's a joy to read his articles. His description of Nas is bang on the money:
    Nowadays ey'body n they moms...they nannies...they kids...n they ****in pets is tryin to rap namsayin. Forreal tho...anybody can rhyme two words together b. That dont make that **** poetical tho...dont get it confused son. Theres niggas that RAP n theres niggas that EMCEE. Theres niggas that spit bars n theres niggas that create poetry...that timeless ****. Word is bond. I dont **** wit all that YO IMMA JUS SAY SOME WILD **** mess but the whole verse aint even poetical like that. Naw...get that amateur **** outta here yo. The boy Nas tho? Ayo pardon that...the LEGENDARY Nasir Jones tho? Not him...you dont address that dude as a "rapper". Callin Nas a "rapper" is like callin Mike Jackson a "singer" or sayin "yeah...durin World War II...niggas wasnt really gettin along" or sayin Jimi Hendrix kinda did his thing on the guitar n ****. **** all that. Son been in the game 21 years n he still challengin mutha****as half his age to come wit some better **** whenever he drops a new joint. And like that...ya boy back. We BEEN waitin nahmean. Son had the streets starvin for damn near half a decade yo.... The **** kinda **** is that Esco? Anyway lets get into this **** g.

I love J. Cole but Big Ghost's continuous putdowns of him are brilliant. I love the way he finishes it with a "no disrespect". No article goes by without him saying something negative about him :P.
    Nas BEEN 1/2 man 1/2 amazin.......n Cole jus 1/4 moisturizing cream. Feel me? No disrespect tho.

You can read the article here. Yet again it's well worth the read. You genuinely could see Ghostface saying them exact words. He has him nailed to perfection.

Oh and he gave it 4.5 Zeus slaps outta 5.

Random comment on youtube:
    Nas=Lyrical genius Rick ross=Fat Bastard :)

I got a good laugh out of it :D But seriously, Rick Ross made a bollocks of that song, his voice is just so hard to listen to, he sounds like he's gargling balls while rapping or something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Loving the Album, amazing production.

Summer on Smash with Swizz Beats sticks out like a sore thumb though. Doesn't match the rest of the album at all. Should have been a bonus track or B side.

ross is only on it because of his commercial presence in america atm. I found it funny though in one of the songs on the album (cant remember which one) nas is going on about frauds and fakes in hip hop when he has the single biggest fraud in the industry on the album, officer ricky.:D

• Advertisement

I gave the album a full listen, it was alright but it wasnt that memorable, Cherry Wine is song of the year for me though, what a song, probably one of Nas' best songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

According to Nas interview with Vibe both Eminem and Jay-Z declined to hop on Daughters remix

http://www.vibe.com/node/97343
    There are some very savvy features on this album such as Rick Ross, Anthony Hamilton, and the late Amy Winehouse. Were there any other artists that you wanted to collaborate with that didn’t make it on the album?
    One of the only other rappers I thought about was AZ. And I wanted Eminem for a remix for “Daughters,” but he had already expressed that he’s spoken so much about his daughter throughout his career that he had done that subject too much. And me and Jay-Z talked about doing some things, but our schedules were so crazy.

Weak excuse, since when has Em had new subject matter?

Jigga wrote: »
    According to Nas interview with Vibe both Eminem and Jay-Z declined to hop on Daughters remix

http://www.vibe.com/node/97343
    There are some very savvy features on this album such as Rick Ross, Anthony Hamilton, and the late Amy Winehouse. Were there any other artists that you wanted to collaborate with that didn’t make it on the album?
    One of the only other rappers I thought about was AZ. And I wanted Eminem for a remix for “Daughters,” but he had already expressed that he’s spoken so much about his daughter throughout his career that he had done that subject too much. And me and Jay-Z talked about doing some things, but our schedules were so crazy.

Weak excuse, since when has Em had new subject matter?

To be fair em's content was completely new on recovery but I'd still agree with you, terrible excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I'm loving this album, been playing it daily :)

I made a few changes to the playlist on my iPod; Replaced Summer On Smash with Trust, and The Don with Nasty and The Black Bond, and it's pretty much flawless to me

I still can't believe how good A Queens Story is, Nas shouldn't be making tracks that good so far into his career!

I think that, Loca-Motive, Stay and Bye Baby are my favoruites

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Bump

I'm a bit late on this, only gave it the first proper listen through last night. I have to say I absolutely love this album. His best since Illmatic by a long shot imo

My favourite three so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GenPol

To be fair em's content was completely new on recovery but I'd still agree with you, terrible excuse.

Yeah, Nas and Em really need to get it together and release something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

GenPol wrote: »
    Yeah, Nas and Em really need to get it together and release something.

Forgive me for being stupid but have they ever done a proper song together? I don't think they have.

On another note, I still haven't listened to Nas' album. I may as well get some form of a copy of it over the weekend and give it a spin.

Forgive me for being stupid but have they ever done a proper song together? I don't think they have.

On another note, I still haven't listened to Nas' album. I may as well get some form of a copy of it over the weekend and give it a spin.

not that i know of, i think em has produced a track for nas though, not sure. Long over-due in fairness, actually surprised its never happened but aftermath artists have a tendency imo to stay in house as far as features from other rappers go.

queens story video.. nas showing a lot of queens mc's love here, even his old protege 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

50 cent? diddnt see him the video

• Advertisement

50 cent? diddnt see him the video

around the 2.45 mark, picture of him when he was younger, Shows a load of queens mc's.

Advertisement