Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nas - Life Is Good

Options
  • 12-07-2012 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Wait is finally over, the album is here!

Tracklist:
    1. No Introduction (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
    2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)
    3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)
    5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.)
    6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
    7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
    9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)
    10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.)
    11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)
    12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)
    13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40)

Bonus Tracks for Deluxe Edition:

15. Nasty (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    16. The Black Bond (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    17. Roses (Produced by Al Shux)
    18. Where’s The Love feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.)
    <snip>.....<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Healthy does of No I.D in there and a sprinkle of buckwild i might give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

loving it so far, in the middle of listening now.

where's the love is unreal though, bye baby is my favorite so far.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/nas-where-s-the-love-song.905921.html

this album really is for those that are stuck in the 90s. Thank f*ck the veterans are still going, very few that get me buzzing these days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

those that are stuck in the 90s.

That's me! :D even though i cant remember the 90s lol.

I'm gonna have to give this album a spin later on, in the mean time i have 30 or so hip hop albums my aunty gave me earlier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm hooked, his best Album in a looooooooooooooooooong time.

My Album of the year so far.

Really wasn't expecting much.

Nas finally got over his ****ty beat habbit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I am so happy to hear this. This could be my favourite album that I've heard so far this year. I thought The Recipe was my favourite track of the year, but this is so much better, for me.

That's me! even though i cant remember the 90s lol.

I'm gonna have to give this album a spin later on, in the mean time i have 30 or so hip hop albums my aunty gave me earlier.

do man, its worth putting to the top of your list.

I'm hooked, his best Album in a looooooooooooooooooong time.

My Album of the year so far.

Really wasn't expecting much.

Nas finally got over his ****ty beat habbit.

true that, i predicted this from hearing the snipps a few weeks ago that this was a candidate for album of the year lol. Incredible album, the best i heard period since WTT and i dont think im over-reacting in saying that either.

good shout on the instrumentals, the start of queens story is just quality.
    I am so happy to hear this. This could be my favourite album that I've heard so far this year. I thought The Recipe was my favourite track of the year, but this is so much better, for me.

Andy hamiltons a beast especially on hooks for hip hop songs. Queens story is fast becoming my favorite. The only track i dont like is the one with rick ross and not because i dont like ross, genuineally cant get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Must be a leak yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I came into this album not expecting much, I'm happy to say that I'm pleasantly surprised :)

A Queens Story sounds like a movie score, awesome stuff

There's a few duds on here, but this is Nas' best album since God's Son

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Must be a leak yeah?

ye a leak its due out the 17th, il buy it and oceans album if i dont play them to death till then :)my link is gone but most of its up on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Must be a leak yeah?

ye a leak its due out the 17th, il buy it and oceans album if i dont play them to death till then :)my link is gone but most of its up on youtube.

My iTunes pre-order dropped over night. Still busy listening to Channel Orange to listen to it yet tho (this and Oddisee's new album which has gotten good reviews. Seems good from a cursory listen).

FYI Channel Orange also on iTunes (unless your one of those old school "physical copy" types).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

floggg wrote: »
    Oddisee's new album which has gotten good reviews. .
    It's exceptionally good, Oddisee and Mello Music Group are where its at. Got a physical copy of Oddisee the other day and was delighted.

Looking forward to the new Nas album, what i've heard so far has been really good. Beats are the main reason why this sounds better than other albums in recent times. Nas has been always consistent lyrically, but not so much on the production side of things. This seems to be a turning point.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Oddisee's new album which has gotten good reviews. .
    It's exceptionally good, Oddisee and Mello Music Group are where its at. Got a physical copy of Oddisee the other day and was delighted.

Looking forward to the new Nas album, what i've heard so far has been really good. Beats are the main reason why this sounds better than other albums in recent times. Nas has been always consistent lyrically, but not so much on the production side of things. This seems to be a turning point.

Yea, gave a few songs a spin yesterday and was impressed. Still love the Diamond District album, can't wait for the new one.

I hate when too many good albums drop around the same time. I'm still trying to catch up on the Big Krit and Currensy albums as well. Won't have time to truly appreciate any of them for a bit!

Was I the only one who loved Nas' last few albums? Hip-Hop is dead and the Nigga album were brilliant in my book (especially HHID).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Was I the only one who loved Nas' last few albums? Hip-Hop is dead and the Nigga album were brilliant in my book (especially HHID).

I havent held much in his last couple of albums, he was just using terrible beats imo. His only albums i can listen to fully through are illmatic, it was written, stillmatic, the lost tapes and gods son. the rest of them are just plain boringness if you ask me.

My iTunes pre-order dropped over night. Still busy listening to Channel Orange to listen to it yet tho (this and Oddisee's new album which has gotten good reviews. Seems good from a cursory listen).

FYI Channel Orange also on iTunes (unless your one of those old school "physical copy" types).

channel orange is very good, found it great to listen to when chilling or winding down in the night. Pink matter litrally turned me into an over-night fan.

I never bother with pre-ordering , i just top up my account with the itune top up cards but il be splashing out on a 50 euro card on monday, plan on buying nas's and ocean's albums both of them should keep me ticking over for the rest of the summer.

I use to be a cd man but here in waterford we only have golden discs and they are cat for hip hop/r'n'b so i just got used to itunes, its handy with iphone and ipod all the same though.
    I'm still trying to catch up on the Big Krit

I had every intention of buying that album but i only ended up buying 2 or 3 songs of it, wasnt really impressed that much by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Trying very hard to wait till the 17th for this. Glad to see you lads like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Banging some Gang Starr (just starting to listen to them, long overdue), then I'm tearing into this album. Excited from the reports

(-1, I wanted to see just 1 premo beat;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

This is available on iTunes Ireland now (probably known, US had it pre-order only though)

Was hoping for lyrics in the digital booklet.

Only 9 features and Ross is one of them?!

This is available on iTunes Ireland now (probably known, US had it pre-order only though)

Was hoping for lyrics in the digital booklet.

Only 9 features and Ross is one of them?!

Damn the temptation to go out and top my iTunes in the morning , was going to wait til next week.

Ye the song ft officer Ross and maybe Summer on smash ft Swiss beats are my only negatives about the album.

Really have fallen out of love with the Swiss beat sound , use to love his work with X and the ruff ryders but his sound is just too repetitive for me these days. Acidental murders ft Ross , I just cant get into and Ross doesn't help the matter either. Clearly a commercial move from nasty to have that clown on it but still a very very good album.

The album is all over the internet for streaming or download, you could always buy it next week.

Only reason I bought it is because I was changing over cards on my account and ended up buying it as I always like Nas stuff (all his albums, all of them) so I knew it would be worth it.

• Advertisement

The album is all over the internet for streaming or download, you could always buy it next week.

Only reason I bought it is because I was changing over cards on my account and ended up buying it as I always like Nas stuff (all his albums, all of them) so I knew it would be worth it.

True, I'm Listining to via YouTube ATM. I'm the same as you, I like buying rappers I like music if it's good.

Id always buy someone like nas's music if I like it, fair enough I havnt got the majority of nas's albums because I personally feel they wernt good enough as a whole to buy. (we've been through that though). Like any album these days if I like it via Listining to a stream etc I will go out and support it aswell craving proper CD/digital quality and booklets etc.

It's a good thing in a way , the Internet lets us sample what we are going to buy before handing over 10 to 20 buck for an album !. Back in my cd days , I got stung on quite a few sh*ty albums that I bought based on someone's name or a successful single or two.

I just used to return them if they were crap. Always bought in HMV and never had any trouble doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Enjoyed this album immensely, got one listen through last night before falling asleep. It is going to take a few listens to mark stand out tracks, at the moment I'm in love with Track 9 -You Wouldn't Understand (feat. Victoria Monet), the beat just made me smile instantly.

This cd is definitely going in the car today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Great album, only had a quick listen just now but it's my favorite album of the year so far, have yet to listen to Channel Orange but travelling for a couple of days next week so I'll have a chance to listen to them both properly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My CD just arrived in the post today, sticking it on my itunes then ill give it a listen, fairly excited:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Just saw him perform a track live on Letterman. Looked and sounded good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Good beats and good lyrics. Can't ask for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Been listening to this for the last few days. cant stop playing it. Really is a top notch album from Nasty Nas!

Stand out tracks so far:
    No introduction
    A queenz story
    World's An Addiction
    Back When
    Bye bye baby

If anyones interested in meaning behind some of the rhymes you should check this out. Nas has setup an account with them and is explaining some of the verses. I browse this website a lot its very good.

http://rapgenius.com/Nas

Struggling to get into it. Can't see what all the hype is about. Which is weird because I'm normally the one loving Nas albums that everybody hates.

I think the new Oddisee's album beats it hands down

• Advertisement

It is a good album but it is not better than Childish Gambinos Royalty for example imo. Not regretting buying it, but not getting played a lot.

Advertisement