Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book published today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

EileenG wrote: »
    D-day. My book was published today. http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-and-Doms-ebook/dp/B00851VXXO/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337704416&sr=1-3

And I still haven't managed to find a way to tell my mother.

Well you got your first review!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fantastic stuff. You seem to have a knack of picking genres and getting your work out there at the right time. Here's hoping you make your first million out of it!

Is your Mam's name Fiona? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

D-day. My book was published today. http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-and-Doms-ebook/dp/B00851VXXO/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337704416&sr=1-3

And I still haven't managed to find a way to tell my mother.

Why don't you send your mother a copy in advance and then come out of the writers closet. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

oterra wrote: »
    Why don't you send your mother a copy in advance and then come out of the writers closet. :-)

Are you out of your &^%$ing mind??? No way am I ever going to give my mother a copy. I'm hoping that she never finds out how much sex there is in it.

How much do those guys on the covers get paid per book?

• Advertisement

How much do those guys on the covers get paid per book?

That wasn't a model. There's a gym near the publishers. When someone gets really ripped, he shaves off his bodyhair and poses for a cover. That way, he got a cover credit and some money, and the publishers get new models.

I like to think that guy is out there somewhere, waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

That wasn't a model. There's a gym near the publishers. When someone gets really ripped, he shaves off his bodyhair and poses for a cover. That way, he got a cover credit and some money, and the publishers get new models.

Cripes. I'm in work so I don't dare click on the Amazon link!

Just want to say congrats on the big day. And many more of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Maybe you should get that guy to tell your mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Congrats Eileen! :)

Well I think the obvious solution re the parents is to buy them Fifty Shades of Grey first. Then give them your book afterwards.

EDIT: Just read the excerpt and that will NOT work. You'll just have to write a PG13 version:
    Tiffany rested her head on Luc's shoulder. She could feel the throbbing of his... heart under his clothes.

"Let's cuddle momentarily," she said longingly (but in a way that made her not sound like an easy slut).

"Yes, I would like that," replied Luc sincerely. "Maybe we should kiss on the lips for an instant?"

Tiffany pushed him away, horrified.

"Is that what you think of me?" she said, "A cheap tart that'll kiss anyone?"

Luc apologised profusely.

Congrats Eileen! :)

Well I think the obvious solution re the parents is to buy them Fifty Shades of Grey first. Then give them your book afterwards.

EDIT: Just read the excerpt and that will NOT work. You'll just have to write a PG13 version:

I love that. That's the version I'll show to my parents!

Actually, if you click "Look inside" you should get more smut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well I downloaded it earlier and skimmed the first few pages. I like that there's no messing around, straight into the filth. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well I downloaded it earlier and skimmed the first few pages. I like that there's no messing around, straight into the filth. :D

I know, right? Not even a page or two of build-up! :P

Hey, it's not easy to get into the filth that fast.

Amazon is being a dick. It won't let me sample or buy this because my Kindle account is not set to the US.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Amazon is being a dick. It won't let me sample or buy this because my Kindle account is not set to the US.

That's funny. I had mine set to Europe and it worked fine on my iPhone through Safari. Went to the kindle store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

You can switch back and forth. Add a new address in addition to your real one - just use your name and a friend's Irish address, tie it to your Kindle account, and you'll be automatically redirected to the US store, then you'll probably be able to buy it (not all US titles are available to Irish users, so a US address is better.) Set your real address back as your main one when you're done. That should work. Not sure what will happen to your purchases, though, since Amazon can remove stuff from your device - I stick to the UK store the whole time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

no kindle, but thankfully an ipod touch - will buy this :D

Kinski wrote: »
    You can switch back and forth. Add a new address in addition to your real one - just use your name and a friend's Irish address, tie it to your Kindle account, and you'll be automatically redirected to the US store, then you'll probably be able to buy it (not all US titles are available to Irish users, so a US address is better.) Set your real address back as your main one when you're done. That should work. Not sure what will happen to your purchases, though, since Amazon can remove stuff from your device - I stick to the UK store the whole time.

Bit of a pain to do that, but if Irish/UK readers can access it I don't think it's much of an issue; the French market will probably not be significant for Eileen.

It's on Amazon.co.uk as well.

Bit of a pain to do that, but if Irish/UK readers can access it I don't think it's much of an issue; the French market will probably not be significant for Eileen.

Not much in France, but I sell a dozen books a month to Amazon.de No idea why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Eileen
    Congrats on the book publishing!:D

Not much in France, but I sell a dozen books a month to Amazon.de No idea why.

Because they're divils for a bit o' filth?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

just read it quickly there, great story, well done!! very well written

there's a typo on one of the early pages "she'd would"
    great work though

bluewolf wrote: »
    just read it quickly there, great story, well done!! very well written

there's a typo on one of the early pages "she'd would"
    great work though

Thanks.

I can't believe after all that editing, a typo slipped through. We have a dragon on an editor who gave us hell and put us through three rounds of edits, and something still slipped through.

A dragon is no match for a wolf.

This is a dragon who says things like "I think you need a bit more clit and cock in this scene".

This is a dragon who says things like "I think you need a bit more clit and cock in this scene".

Oh, that applies in any situation :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh, that applies in any situation :cool:

Not when I'm telling my mother what my book is about.

Not when I'm telling my mother what my book is about.

well it might shock her, then your story won't seem as out there :p

I suppose you could be very selective and say
    it's a nice love story about this couple who have a few mix ups at the start and yer man has an evil ex wife on the scene then they live happily ever after
    :p:p
    hows that for a cleaned up version
    of course then you have to tell her never to read it...

• Advertisement

I had sent another story to the same publisher before I wrote this one, and they've just got back to me to say they really like the world build and characters, but the sex scenes are not strong enough and the language is not frank enough.....

Advertisement