Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Hoodie and T-shirt arrived today, only sent last night. Great service thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Loving PM :)

A question, I have this vague notion I got a text w a pin in while I was out and about on Thursday evening. I look Friday at my texts and can't see it! I am due a delivery round now. Is there any way of getting the last pin text resent?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

phibsboro,check your in box in ur emails,they usually send u an email as well,if not you will have to wait till monday and phone them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I've never got an email, must be a setting somewhere on my account. I'll call them on Monday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just used this for the 1st time. Ordered a pair of jeans from the UK, saved me £7 in postage. Hope everything goes well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

100,000 views on this Thread so far and then word of mouth/recommendations from that...

Are ye not wasting money advertising on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

If we have a large lightweight item, we have to charge for the space it occupies. This is based on 1 cubic metre of space = 333kgs in weight. We have tried to explain this as clearly as possible on our web site. If you have any suggestions how we can explain it more clearly, please send us your ideas and we will consider them.

call it volumetric units or whatever you want
    but calling it "kg" is misleading to say the least, specially when nothing in your formula uses kg as a unit in any way

picked the part today, the box was in bits, the contents inside all bashed up, parts of the bike were scratched and a little bracket that was meant to be in a box is not there (that little box was there, in poor condition, just the bracket was missing)
    the fork, back wheel and seat were all sticking out of the box in different places
    I've checked with TNT that delivered to you in NI and said the box was in top condition when delivered to you ("11 Oct 2012 10:55:00 BELFAST AIRPORT Shipment delivered in good condition.")
    who will be responsible for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Question to PM:

I order something online which i know is to large for the bins/boxes.

Your site says it will phone me when it arrives... I'm guessing they'll ring when it arrives in Finglas... When you guys ring can you i give you my address and you will deliver to it ? and take the money off my PM account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Hs anyone tried ordering from Screwfix? Seems ok, just nervous because you need to input a phone number and they'll see that's it's not a NI one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

eire1 wrote: »
    Hs anyone tried ordering from Screwfix? Seems ok, just nervous because you need to input a phone number and they'll see that's it's not a NI one.

Would a mobile no. work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You can register for a trial (I think is for a week) with Sonetel you get a number in the UK that you can forward for free to a SIP extension, (with Blueface you can also register for trail) or at a cost to a landline or mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm like a little child... made my first purchase to be delivered to PM today... 1 day delivery so hopefully it'll be here by Wednesday...

Saved lots cos they were looking for £17.95 to deliver here and £6.95 for UK delivery with my free stays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I think that's just for courier deliveries, delivery to NI would be by post. I'd chance any NI phone no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

quilmore wrote: »
    call it volumetric units or whatever you want
    but calling it "kg" is misleading to say the least, specially when nothing in your formula uses kg as a unit in any way

picked the part today, the box was in bits, the contents inside all bashed up, parts of the bike were scratched and a little bracket that was meant to be in a box is not there (that little box was there, in poor condition, just the bracket was missing)
    the fork, back wheel and seat were all sticking out of the box in different places
    I've checked with TNT that delivered to you in NI and said the box was in top condition when delivered to you ("11 Oct 2012 10:55:00 BELFAST AIRPORT Shipment delivered in good condition.")
    who will be responsible for that?

Please email your details to customerservice@parcelmotel.com and we will investigate this for you tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

got a parcel in that weights less than 20kg (probably as low as 15kg) but I'm now asked to top up to have it "released"

I knew that you have some magic maths to calculate the weight of something

that has nothing to do with the actual weight of something
    my under 20kg parcel came as over 70kg in your formula

be careful with oversized parcels, you can get stung big time

just rang the office and they said that I should top up by €14 euro
    I don't see how to top up by €14, just €10.50 and €21

having to pay €14 is bad enough, but being forced to top up €21 is not fair

how can I top up by just €14?
    tried ringing your 1890 but it's not taking the call now

How much did you really expect a bike to be couriered for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

This service sounds great, even from mainland europe it's usually much cheaper to get something shipped to the UK than to Ireland. Sometimes it's baffling why shipping something small has to cost twice as much (20 euro vs 10 in some cases) if it's going to the republic rather than the north. It's about the same distance from europe.

Any plans though for a parcelmotel in Galway? Or even as far west as Athlone? I'm rarely near Dublin, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Any news of a motel coming to Cork, the biggest county in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm really pleased with this service. Ordered an iPhone case from Amazon US who wanted to charge me €27 (:eek:) to deliver it to ROI or just €5 to PM's address in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Has anyone used PAYPAL for ordering ,can add the Parcelmotel address, but the last line still saids Ireland in the address not uk?
    Thinking of buying a tablet, free uk delivery,will get more protection using Paypal.

Pj! wrote: »

I'm not challenging the cost, my gripe is with the way to calculate what it's going to be charged for it that seems a bit obscured to me

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »

also, previous bikes were delivered by anpost at no cost (free super saver delivery of amazon)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

nig1 wrote: »
    Has anyone used PAYPAL for ordering ,can add the Parcelmotel address, but the last line still saids Ireland in the address not uk?
    Thinking of buying a tablet, free uk delivery,will get more protection using Paypal.

In my case created a new account in Paypal.co.uk, with another credit card as you cannot have same credit card in 2 accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I'm not challenging the cost, my gripe is with the way to calculate what it's going to be charged for it that seems a bit obscured to me

Dimensional weight is the standard way of charging. I think parcel motel describe it quite well on their site.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Dimensional weight is the standard way of charging. I think parcel motel describe it quite well on their site.

yes, I learn it the hard way, never had to calculate a dimensional weight before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yes, I learn it the hard way, never had to calculate a dimensional weight before
    It actually says it clearly on the website. So you should've been fully aware of it before you decided to use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

NeVeR wrote: »
    Question to PM:

I order something online which i know is to large for the bins/boxes.

Your site says it will phone me when it arrives... I'm guessing they'll ring when it arrives in Finglas... When you guys ring can you i give you my address and you will deliver to it ? and take the money off my PM account ?

Can I get an answer on this .
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

NeVeR wrote: »
    Can I get an answer on this .
    thanks.

If your item is too large to fit into a Parcel Motel we will check it in to our depot in Finglas and you will receive a text to notify you that it has arrived. If you would like to have it delivered to a forwarding address, please then call or email us (customerservice@parcelmotel.com) with the details. Information on delivery charges can be found here https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

nava wrote: »
    In my case created a new account in Paypal.co.uk, with another credit card as you cannot have same credit card in 2 accounts.

My normal paypal a/c was fine for the pm N. Ireland . address. Also delighted with the service delivering on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Great service but annoyingly just got this mail

We wish to notify you that your chosen Parcel Motel at Eurospar Kinsealy is being removed on Thursday 18th October. This is a trial location and the required number of registered users hasn’t reached the levels that we need. The immediate vicinity is well serviced by other Parcel Motel locations and we are happy to report that these sites are doing very well by comparison. We have huge demand for Parcel Motel locations in Dublin and across the country and we will move the one at Kinsealy Eurospar to an area where there is higher demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I order an item from Amazon about 2 weeks ago they said they have dispatched it and I have received nothing from anyone ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement