Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My3 PrePay for Android

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So annoying because when you're using the €5 credit for 500mb option when you dont want to top up by €20 and you run out of credit you cant log in to buy more, 3 really are amazingly incompetent sometimes, all the Irish providers are...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sorry for the slow reply lads, I'm abroad till the 15th. But from above, it looks like there is an issue with My3 itself.

Yeah sorry Damo, I panicked and thought that 3 had changed their login server.
    I rarely use wifi, so that doesn't help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

@Damo2K - Hi, have been using the app for years now and if find it excellent. Would be lost without it. Just wondering will you need to make any changes to the app as the top up offers are changing from having to top up every 30 days to every 28 days. Or will the app just know your on your final day from the info it pulled?

Other minor suggestion that may be handy for people is a reminder when installing it to turn off battery optimization on this app. Got a Samsung recently Samsung "optimised" the app and it never notified me.. First time since I got the app that 3 took all my credit in a matter of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

FrostyJim wrote: »
    @Damo2K - Hi, have been using the app for years now and if find it excellent. Would be lost without it. Just wondering will you need to make any changes to the app as the top up offers are changing from having to top up every 30 days to every 28 days. Or will the app just know your on your final day from the info it pulled?

Other minor suggestion that may be handy for people is a reminder when installing it to turn off battery optimization on this app. Got a Samsung recently Samsung "optimised" the app and it never notified me.. First time since I got the app that 3 took all my credit in a matter of minutes.

Hi FrostyJim, thanks for your feedback. To be honest, if the only change 3 make is changing the topup from every 30 days to every 20 days; the app could be fine. If they change the page at all, then the app will have to be updated. Its a bit of a cat and mouse game updating the app to reflect their page changes. Its a pity they don't provide an API. I have to scrape the HTML and parse it.

As for the phone not waking up an notifying you, that is a bit worrying. I think I need to go back and revise this app. It needs an overhaul really. It was last built against Android 4.4 SDK, and we are up to Android 7.1 or newer today!

Hi all,

I am updating this again as its broken due to page changes. If anyone has 'out of bundle' charges currently against their account, can they send me the html of their My3 Account balance page please? (My account doesn't get out of bundle charges when my Internet add-on runs out, so I cannot reproduce this.)
    https://my3account.three.ie/My_account_balance

• Advertisement

Sent you a HTML file there Damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Damo2k,

If you get the time any chance of a pure black #000 background option for us OLED users?

Appreciate the work you've done so far!

wba88 wrote: »
    Damo2k,

If you get the time any chance of a pure black #000 background option for us OLED users?

Appreciate the work you've done so far!

Not a bad idea.

Hey Damo,

If you get a chance, would you mind looking at a small issue?
    I'm sure others are probably having it too.

The notification that used to pop up at 8pm on the evening that the free stuff was due to run out, hasn't worked since Three changed to a 28 day system.
    I'm thinking that you might need to change a value somewhere that's start date + 30 to start date + 28.
    Although, I have no idea really :)

Thanks a million!

App is gone from the Play Store now, can't install it on my new phone :(

• Advertisement

Shame to see it go. Maybe he got tired of updating it. I know he used get back to me any time I raised a question/logged an issue. Is he still active on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Then I believe there was the problem that three did as much as they could to stop the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any update on this or are we now stuck with three claiming all our credit? Fair play to damo, excellent app when first came out as seems there is no alternative

I have the APK in my google drive.

If you want to sideload the app, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to d/l it :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I have the APK in my google drive.

If you want to sideload the app, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to d/l it :)

Does it still work?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Does it still work?

I mean, it still gives you your balance and that, but it doesn't remind on day 28 at 8pm, that you need to top up.

That's what we were trying to get Damo to do.
    But the app is off the store now, that's why I was offering the APK for anyone that wants it :)

His source code is up on GitHub if anyone wants to take a crack at it :pac:

irishchris wrote: »
    Any update on this or are we now stuck with three claiming all our credit? Fair play to damo, excellent app when first came out as seems there is no alternative

Three claiming all your credit :D

Set an automatic top up every 28 days, then spend all your credit on the play store each month, if you're hell bent on not paying 3 for the service they provide you.

I mean, it still gives you your balance and that, but it doesn't remind on day 28 at 8pm, that you need to top up.

That's what we were trying to get Damo to do.
    But the app is off the store now, that's why I was offering the APK for anyone that wants it :)

His source code is up on GitHub if anyone wants to take a crack at it :pac:

Could you please link? Only because I'm too lazy to look :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    Could you please link? Only because I'm too lazy to look :D

To which? :D

EDIT: Here's some links

Direct APK link from F-Droid marketplace:
    https://f-droid.org/repo/damo.three.ie_19.apk

GitHub for My3:
    https://github.com/DamienOReilly/PrepayCredit

To which? :D

GitHub please

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    GitHub please

Just edited post #170 :)

Apologies for the lack of replies. I have been busy with other things for a while. Also, I started *slowly* rewriting this to more modern standards. (kotlin, rxjava2, retrofit2, and so on.). I have no idea if I will commit to ever finishing it though. There is also now an API now that can be used. Seems that the official My3 app got updated at some stage to use an API, so I have started using this. This is a lot better to use than scraping the html pages, as was the case with the older app. One annoyance now is that a lot of manufactures now include battery "optimisation" apps which will close/kill apps that haven't been opened in a few days. It would mean you could not be notified of your internet add-on expiring. The nature of this app was that it would run in the background (once per day), and only bug you when your internet add-on was about to expire. Seems many people are having issues with these battery apps. I started looking at:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31638986/protected-apps-setting-on-huawei-phones-and-how-to-handle-it
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48166206/how-to-start-power-manager-of-all-android-manufactures-to-enable-background-and
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48945300/how-to-open-window-of-autostart-application-for-all-devices
    https://github.com/dirkam/backgroundable-android

On a separate note, I made a small JVM app that can automatically enter you in 3Plus competitions. It was more a learning exercise than anything. You can check it out here: https://github.com/DamienOReilly/three-plus-competition-enterer
    I would like to incorporate the automatic 3plus competitions entering into the android app eventually also.

Sound man Damo, appreciate the update :)

Advertisement