Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Knowledge Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Phoenix Park pond ?

(was on a TG4 documentary afaicr)

Not quite but you're in the right neck of the woods. He would be more at home in his on screen persona in this particular place. Probably get on well with most of the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Not quite but you're in the right neck of the woods. He would be more at home in his on screen persona in this particular place. Probably get on well with most of the locals.

Dublin Zoo?

piuswal wrote: »
    Dublin Zoo?

The Pond in Dublin Zoo

The Pond in Dublin Zoo

Yes. He was taking part in the Tailteann Games in 1924.

When were the previous Tailteann Games held?

• Advertisement

When were the previous Tailteann Games held?

About 1100 - 1200 AD

Not bad but the actual year has a direct relationship with a year very close to 1924.

Not bad but the actual year has a direct relationship with a year very close to 1924.

A stab in the dark at 1122 or 23 as the 1924 games was muted in 1922 and was delayed by the civil war.

Closer, the link is 1922 - the Games relationship is finish start the other relationship (with 1922) is start finish and it is not the Civil War;hope fully will make since once the actual year is got.

Closer, the link is 1922 - the Games relationship is finish start the other relationship (with 1922) is start finish and it is not the Civil War;hope fully will make since once the actual year is got.

1172?

• Advertisement

Very close 1169

Year of Norman Invasion - start of occupation

1922 Treaty and end of occupation

Very close 1169

Year of Norman Invasion - start of occupation

1922 Treaty and end of occupation

Marion Crane was unfortunate to meet with Norman who?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bates...

what was hitchcock's first colour movie

Rope?

Rope?

yip fire away

gufc21 wrote: »
    yip fire away

What is the link between rope and at least 3 Irish towns, one each in Munster, Connacht and Ulster, two of which are on Rivers (and therein lies another clue)

What is the link between rope and at least 3 Irish towns, one each in Munster, Connacht and Ulster, two of which are on Rivers (and therein lies another clue)

Are you looking for the link or the towns?

I'll guess rope making (historically probably) and I'll go for Belfast, Galway and Youghal.

Are you looking for the link or the towns?

I'll guess rope making (historically probably) and I'll go for Belfast, Galway and Youghal.

Sorry, not clear enough.

It's the same name for the towns and it is this name that is the link with "rope"

Sorry, not clear enough.

It's the same name for the towns and it is this name that is the link with "rope"

In Germany there are 2 Frankfurts, one on the Main and the other on the Oder

Sorry, not clear enough.

Here are three but I don't know what the connection with rope is so I guess they are wrong. Carrick-on-Shannon, Carrick-on-Suir and Carrickfergus?

• Advertisement

Here are three but I don't know what the connection with rope is so I guess they are wrong. Carrick-on-Shannon, Carrick-on-Suir and Carrickfergus?

You have the towns Carrick

now the "link" with rope

In Germany there are 2 Frankfurts, one on the Main and the other on the Oder

Seriously? Question or a riddle?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Seriously? Question or a riddle?

Not sure what the purpose of that was.

The challenge is to discover the "link" between the word "carrick" and "rope(s)"

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Do you mean the carrick knot? Think its a rope knot used in shipping

irishejit wrote: »
    Do you mean the carrick knot? Think its a rope knot used in shipping

Yes

What is the name of the actress born in Carrickfergus who went on to achieve fame in Neighbours? (bonus bragging rights for her character)

Been 24 hours now so a clue is in order I think....This actresses other major role was in Prisoner and she has appeared in other soaps such as Sons and Daughters and The Young Doctors

Been 24 hours now so a clue is in order I think....This actresses other major role was in Prisoner and she has appeared in other soaps such as Sons and Daughters and The Young Doctors

Jackie Woodburne

Jackie Woodburne

• Advertisement

Jackie Woodburne

Yip fire away

Advertisement