Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

timthumbni wrote: »
    Was I imagining it or was ouya not supposed to have an official app for xmbc?

Out of interest what version of xmbc are you using and is it wireless or Ethernet you use. I'm new to xmbc so I am probably doing something wrong myself.

Cheers.

Official XBMC is some time off. It will come.

I'm using Frodo too. I just don't expect much, so I'm not disappointed.
    It plays my videos, some of which are HD. I'm wireless, not that it makes too much of a difference. WIFI is different for everyone.

I also don't use the stock controller. I purchased a wireless keyboard with track pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

RangeR wrote: »
    Official XBMC is some time off. It will come.

I'm using Frodo too. I just don't expect much, so I'm not disappointed.
    It plays my videos, some of which are HD. I'm wireless, not that it makes too much of a difference. WIFI is different for everyone.

I also don't use the stock controller. I purchased a wireless keyboard with track pad.

Thanks for info. What's your impressions of the ouya? I bought my first 2 games from store ice rage or whatever it's called and hipster zombies.

I have to admit that I quite enjoy these games. I have ps3 and 360 as well but sometimes its nice to just pick up a game and play for a short time. My weans enjoy watching me play the zombie one as well though my fingers are getting arthritis already from playing. Might try my ps3 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Doesn't ask for password when buying games. Maybe I'm missing something but surely this needs sorted especially if you hv kids playing it.

You can add a PIN to purchases: Manage> Account> Parental controls

^^ you can also set filters on age rated games there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Thanks for info. What's your impressions of the ouya? I bought my first 2 games from store ice rage or whatever it's called and hipster zombies.

I have to admit that I quite enjoy these games. I have ps3 and 360 as well but sometimes its nice to just pick up a game and play for a short time. My weans enjoy watching me play the zombie one as well though my fingers are getting arthritis already from playing. Might try my ps3 controller.

I don't play games on it. It's purely for XBMC and Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Hi I just got OUYA this weekend I have some problems. Mostly with the browser. I have no arrow (I don't know correct word for it.) to click on things with and unable to click on anything. Those meaning I can't download roms. I got usb mouse I plug-ed it in noting happen. Any help please? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Hi I just got OUYA this weekend I have some problems. Mostly with the browser. I have no arrow (I don't know correct word for it.) to click on things with and unable to click on anything. Those meaning I can't download roms. I got usb mouse I plug-ed it in noting happen. Any help please? thanks.

Is it not popping up when you touch the touchpad? Could be a faulty controller...

No noting pops out and tried everything. I got second hand but the guy never used. Is faulty joypad a thing? Any options? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭robbe

Maybe try pairing the controller again - there are a few guides on how to do this online - remove the batteries and reinsert.

Reboot worked thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Anyone selling one of these? Can't seem to find one in Ireland!

My Matricom MX2 died on me last night. Looking for a new XBMC box and this comes highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

That's because it isn't stocked anywhere in Ireland. Amazon and Game (online) are the only official distributers of the Ouya for all of Europe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OUYA-OUYA1-Console-Electronic-Games/dp/B0050SZD18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383042630&sr=8-1&keywords=ouya

Advertisement