Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Open 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Top 20:
    Thongchai 5/1
    Milkha Singh 5/1

I'm confident atleast one of them will finish Top20- both like links

Top European (Excluding GB&I)
    Bjorn @ 14/1

Good luck lads:)

Right half way stage- time to evaluate
    All 3 bets have a chance of coming good, particularly the two Top20 bets (Milka Singh gone from original price of 7/2 on Betfair to currently 8/5)

Bjorn gonna have to pull finger out and hopfully Olesen falls away for his to come in, but stranger things have happened

Good luck lads, hopfully we give these bookies a lashing:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I've backed 4, all e/w with 6 places
    Louis Oosthuizen (my main pick). He's smart around the course, he doesn't shy from the majors. Took me a while to warm to him, even after his Open win, but I'm really confident that 45/1 is too good a price to turn down (regret pending).

Jason Dufner - 45/1. Alright, he doesn't have a great links record, but I just like how nothing seems to get under his skin. He just "waggles" around the course doing his own thing. He's featured prominently in a lot of tournaments this year already.

Nicholas Colsearts - 70/1. He might struggle at the accuracy end, being a bomber of the ball, but I've really enjoyed watching him play this season so threw him in.

Thorbjorn Olesen - 175/1. Another I've enjoyed watching this season. A long way to go before he's competing seriously in these tournaments, but when I saw 175 vs the 125/150's elsewhere I had to have a nibble. Plus, his golfing attire is top class - Rickie take note!

I've two left with Place Potential. Really impressed with Olesen, and can't wait to see how he performs in the most watched 2-ball today. It will be a totally new experience for him

I expect Dufner to card two more good scores. Had a topsy turvy Saturday but then on Friday when most golfers struggled (bar a few expections), he puts in 4under.

I was grinning ear to ear after Colsaerts first round, but geez did he have it bad yesterday.

I know Sned is a known bottler, but I'd hardly rule him out. As mentioned by someone else, Kuchar is playing pretty well, and I reckon he'll sneak up the leaderboard a bit more today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote: »
    I love you Sned! Great stuff from the ginger genius this morning. Keep it up buddy.
    Ginger gargoyle. You're dead to me now Brandt.

Ginger Gagroyle! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

not a golfing fan but i had zach johnson backed to win. how much left to play is he still in with a shout or is it game over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

A wise man once told me Sunday is the all important day in golf. The same man said that Snedeker has only ever won a tournament when he has been 4-7 shots off the lead. Brandt knows what he's doing. Christopher nolan directed this Open and the hero, is ginger.

bec4787e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

4/6 worth lumping on for Scott? Playing flawlessly so far & cant see anyone catching him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hoki wrote: »
    4/6 worth lumping on for Scott? Playing flawlessly so far & cant see anyone catching him tbh.

4/6 is an absolutely brilliant price. Jump on it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Just had a sneeky bet on the "BIG MAN" Ernie Els at 22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Haven't had a bet this year on the Open and looking at the odds and leaderboard its hard to get excited about placing a bet. Might just throw a tenner on GMac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pp had ernie at 12s there without scott
    a mistake by them but it was only there for less than a minute

i assumed we were a minute behind and that he was going to miss
    that short putt but no
    11/8 now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Was in Ladbrokes earlier and they had Scott to win by more than 2 at 3/1. Regretting not getting on now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Was in Ladbrokes earlier and they had Scott to win by more than 2 at 3/1. Regretting not getting on now

that was some price in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

mailburner wrote: »
    pp had ernie at 12s there without scott
    a mistake by them but it was only there for less than a minute

i assumed we were a minute behind and that he was going to miss
    that short putt but no
    11/8 now

I saw that and taught the same as you that he missed the birdie putt
    and took to long thinking and it was gone.

in hindsight even if he did miss the putt 12/1 was still a great price.

Colsaerts, Oosthuizen & Olesen, all tied 8th one shot out of the money. Absolute torture!

And Louis doubles the last...

How ye all feeling about Scott now? Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    My 2 picks so far:

Dustin Johnson e/w @ 40-1 on Paddy (top 7)

Ernie Els e/w @ 40-1 on Bet365 (top 6)

You beauty - my first ever big win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Golf is a funny old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Some choke by Scott.

Did anyone else hear the commentator on the 15th hole cheering Scotts ball into the bunker?

Bad form I taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    You beauty - my first ever big win!!

well done.
    friend of mine had scott at 40/1, after winning last year with clarke at 175/1.
    am gutted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

never had scott down as a choker thought he would hit an iron like faldo said to find fairway driver was all over place in last 4 holes... i think that will live with scott for a long while espec the way he dropped on 18th after missing putt fr par

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Unfortunate Scott didn't win at 40/1 for me ..
    however ... I'm still absolutely delighted he got a place and I got 10/1 on his price.

Rock on Adam, till next time when you win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Scott Stallings is some man for one man.

I'm simply amazed to see so many of you picking Rickie Fowler. I can't see him winning this tournament...ever.

And then, to compound my amazement...nobody is picking Rory MclIroy, at 25-1.

25-1!!!!

That's simply a mad price. He's been a little off the boil recently but he's still been in pretty good form this year, better form than just about every player that has been mentioned on this thread. He's a great links player, won one of the practise rounds this week (has been playing the course a lot recently) and was probably about 7-1 to win this tournament a few weeks ago. I'm sorry to sound smug, or patronising...but 25-1 on Rory should be your bet, instead of fannying around with players like Branden Grace or Dustin Johnson.

Ok, I sound like an ass up there...but I don't think that's how I'll look come sunday afternoon.
    How ye all feeling about Scott now? Haha

How you feeling about McIlroy you 'ass' :p

He was seriously bad wasn't he? He'll have to be left alone now for a while til he can sort his game out.

The thing that struck me over the weekend was his interviews and also all the time he spent on the range after each round. He was talking up his performance each time saying he was hoping to go out and shoot a low one and get himself back into it, and he ended up getting progressively worse. I don't think he has a clue what's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Unfortunate Scott didn't win at 40/1 for me ..
    however ... I'm still absolutely delighted he got a place and I got 10/1 on his price.

Rock on Adam, till next time when you win it.

Any chance of a screen grab of this bet, you pulled some after-timing in the other thread and by my calculations you are trying to say you had 1K ew on scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    Just had a sneeky bet on the "BIG MAN" Ernie Els at 22/1

920 bucks sweet :D:D:D

He was seriously bad wasn't he? He'll have to be left alone now for a while til he can sort his game out.

The thing that struck me over the weekend was his interviews and also all the time he spent on the range after each round. He was talking up his performance each time saying he was hoping to go out and shoot a low one and get himself back into it, and he ended up getting progressively worse. I don't think he has a clue what's wrong.

The guy is just not interested if he is way off the pace having made the cut. He's always going to say those things during interviews, if he says otherwise he will get tagged with the "mental weakness" jibe thats been thrown at Harrington for years.

I don't agree with that. He win from the cut line at qual hollow and will always believe that he can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Backed Colsaerts on Thur morning at 1000am in PP at 80/1
    Went in to collect this morning as he was tied 7th

Would'nt pay out as they said they only pay out on 1st 5 after the first golfer tee's off.

Fuming :mad::mad:

Advertisement