Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4D Cinema

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

How much are Cineworld charging to see 4D films ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seems to be: €19.80 for 3D and €13.90 for 2D (evening screenings).

Bit cheaper for daytime or if you have a student card.

€5.10 with Unlimited Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Has anyone gone to Infinity War in 4DX and care to say what the experience was like?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I wonder which is better 4D or Imax ?

• Advertisement

IMAX by a country mile.

I was at Infinity War in 4DX and it was crap.

It's a much smaller screen for a start, but it feels like 20 people are booting your chair non stop, and squirting a water pistol at you every ten minutes. it's diabolical

I like the smooth motion effect a little, which might be good in a car chase scene, but Infinity War in 4DX was hard jerky movements. Don't know how anyone would enjoy it much less feel it added to the film.

Go see it in IMAX.

IMAX by a country mile.

I was at Infinity War in 4DX and it was crap.

It's a much smaller screen for a start, but it feels like 20 people are booting your chair non stop, and squirting a water pistol at you every ten minutes. it's diabolical

I like the smooth motion effect a little, which might be good in a car chase scene, but Infinity War in 4DX was hard jerky movements. Don't know how anyone would enjoy it much less feel it added to the film.

Go see it in IMAX.

Did you see Infinity War also in 3D ?

Yeah, the 4DX screening I was at was in 3D.

I'd say if you want to try 4DX, wait for Deadpool 2 or the new Jurassic Park flick.

Yeah, the 4DX screening I was at was in 3D.

I'd say if you want to try 4DX, wait for Deadpool 2 or the new Jurassic Park flick.

Did the 3D improve the film ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

What's the protocol for leaving your seat mid film for a piss? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

€5.10 with Unlimited Cards.

jaysus! That's ridiculous.
    The monthly fee is 22.50 a month which is expensive as it is

jaysus! That's ridiculous.
    The monthly fee is 22.50 a month which is expensive as it is

€22.50 a month to see unlimited films is expensive? :confused: 2 movies a month and you're breaking even. The amount I go to the cinema, the kids wouldn't be fed if I had no card.

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Did the 3D improve the film ?

Not really. Might in IMAX though.
    Banjaxed82 wrote: »

You're given a parachute on the way in and there's a eject button on one of the armrests.

Nah, you just leave anytime... but be careful as the seat jolts about and you could trip over the footrest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

I think it’s €2.50 per piss break. But it’s less if you have a cineworld card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saw Infinity War in 4dx lastnight

I thought it was decent, everything seemed very well choreographed to the film -not just the chair movements but the splashes, strobes, gusts. The various vibration motors in the chair were great I thought, like when Thanos punches hulk in the kidney you feel it on that side, and
    Vision getting stabbed, the "blade" sticking in your back until it is pulled out

Didn't find it too distracting but I had already seen the film before, might have changed my experience.

The only thing I'd change is get rid of the 3d, added nothing tbh.

Felt awful sorry for the worker who had the job of sitting beside the screen for the entire thing.

I saw Infinity War in 4DX. I get it. It's nonsense fun. But crucially, it's nonsense fun I'm only doing once. Adds nothing to the film really. If anything it's more distracting.

I find it hard to believe 4DX will have much of a shelf life. As said, I think the ability to get repeat business will be its downfall.

Advertisement