Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has best chance at beating Anderson Silva?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pele

I dunno. I haven't heard much of him since he stopped being able to get it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

That video with Pele calling out Anderson is ridiculous.

Seemed to be he was annoyed Anderson didnt say hello or good morning

Jealousy

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

Bisping has looked really improved in his last fight or two (Okay he lost the Sonnen fight but it was close) and reckon he could give Silva a decent fight for a couple of rounds if he utilised his wrestling offensively mixed in with his strikes. Silva just doesn't seem to try and defend the takedown as far as I can see, prefers to get a guy in his guard.

Belcher could be a good scrap too with his solid all round game. But as for beating him? I dont think anyone's really up to it at the moment. That said, I think Silva is already showing signs of age and it could very easily all catch up to him on one night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Munoz deserves a shot anyway so give it to him... I think he'd have less of a chance than Sonnen but let him try.. people would watch it.. I'd watch it. I think Munoz is great but he's not as tough or strong as Sonnen IMO whatever about his wrestling past.

Evans v Silva would be epic... please make this happen - even at a catch weight of 195... I think Evans could get down to that if he was given notice like 'we're giving Munoz a go first and win/lose you're fighting Silva at 195 in 7 months'... awesome fight !! I'd give it to Silva on gut feeling but hard to call...

What does anyone think about Mousassi v Silva ? I reckon a motivated and well prepared Mousassi would make a legit threat to Silva's crown ! Just sayin

and as for Lombard - he's a douche, relatively untested to a degree but is a man munching beast eating nut job... would deffo present a credible threat - obviously only if he bull-rushed Silva Sonnen-style and tried to pound him out.

Munoz... then Evans...or Mousassi (in another dimension) or Lombard (just coz I want that fight so much)

little look at Mousassi if somebody hasn't seen much of him...anyway the tunes good

incidentally - he fought one of our lads years ago John Donnelly I was there to see it... Donnelly lost that night but has done well recently I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,186 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Locomotion wrote: »
    Bisping, Munoz, Lombard, Stann, Boetsch, Weidman, Belcher, Evans (coming down from LHW), GSP (coming up from WW)?
    Vitor has a better shot than most of them.

Bisping was in a good place to earn a shot, but got injuried, now needs to beat Stann for a title shot.
    Munoz in a good spot right now, and might get the nod depending on how 149 goes. If Lombard impresses a lot, a la Silva's debut vrs Leben, he'll get the shot. I think Boetsch and Weidman are going to be eliminated from contention very soon.
    That leaves Belcher v Vitor

So I want to
    Bisping has looked really improved in his last fight or two (Okay he lost the Sonnen fight but it was close) and reckon he could give Silva a decent fight for a couple of rounds if he utilised his wrestling offensively mixed in with his strikes. Silva just doesn't seem to try and defend the takedown as far as I can see, prefers to get a guy in his guard.
    Bisping's wrestling??? What wrestling? I'm all for Bisping getting a shot if he beats a top 5 guy, but he is not a wrestler is any shape or form.
    As for Silva not defending TDs, if that was the case Chael would of won at the weekend.
    What does anyone think about Mousassi v Silva ? I reckon a motivated and well prepared Mousassi would make a legit threat to Silva's crown ! Just sayin
    Mousassi is a light heavyweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I can't believe some people think Bisping has a chance...!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

I'd love to see Anderson fight Bisping, because it could happen in England

Silva has talked about wanting to fight in England again in the past

but Anderson would just toy with him

anderson-silva-backdoor-leg-kick.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

maybe they should feed anderson to big country :P

with the talk of fighters moving up or down i'd say the one that could be an interesting challenge if he moved up may be ebersol

Mousassi is a light heavyweight[/Quote]

sure Mousasi would fight middle to heavy like Hendo if motivated correctly... actually once Hendo loses to Bones he can do the same and everybody will hype up Dan having a good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

The most interesting fight out there has to be bones v anderson

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I think if any of the current crop of MWs beat Anderson it will be a horrible shame because, let's face it, none of them are worthy!

^This.I hope he retires undefeated in the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Paulo Filho... Lolz, I'm not starting this again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pricetag

I think if any of the current crop of MWs beat Anderson it will be a horrible shame because, let's face it, none of them are worthy!
    Hendo deserves another shot...

pricetag wrote: »
    Hendo deserves another shot...

Hendo isn't one of the current crop of MWs

Edit: Also, you say "deserves". He's getting what he deserves, a shot at the LHW title, where he's been fighting for the past 2 and a half years. His last MW fight was a spanking by Jake Shields!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

After Sonnen losing I don't mind if he continues to smash up what's left of the division.

Would like to see him to retire undefeated though.

After Sonnen losing I don't mind if he continues to smash up what's left of the division.

Would like to see him to retire undefeated though.

He should retire now IMO if his legacy is the most important thing to him. There's nobody left!

He won't though!

I hope he pushes it and eventually takes a fight he's likely to lose just because he loves fighting... he hasn't been hurt badly in his career through a mix of luck and brilliance. IMO 'perfect legacy' is not paramount and if he acts as if it's not then I'll have way more respect for him.. he's the most skillful Cage fighter to have lived in my opinion and has nothing left to prove and absolutely nothing will change that view no matter what happens in his next/last 3 or 4 fights. Conceivably he could actually fight for another 7 years and with smart striking he could still take out 'most' competition until the new breed Rory McDonalds of this world take over every division. Actually now that I think of it.. if Rory beef caked up he could credibly take Silva on. Straw clutching is fun : )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bit daft IMO of having a thread title **spoilers**Who has best chance at beating winner of Chael vAnderson?

I mean, quite a few would beat Chael, as much as i love the guy

Hendo isn't one of the current crop of MWs

Edit: Also, you say "deserves". He's getting what he deserves, a shot at the LHW title, where he's been fighting for the past 2 and a half years. His last MW fight was a spanking by Jake Shields!
    Deadly, didn`t know he was gonna try beat bones.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I'd love Anderson to move to light-heavyweight, but my gut feeling is that he may retire soon. People throwing the word "lucky" around are really grasping at straws here, the guy is a genius. The people that said he would lose against chael have severe sour grapes.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

I just don't see anyone with the skills to beat Anderson.He has dealt with all type of skill sets.The last few he has fought have all been portrayed as the "perfect" fighter to give Silva problems and possibly a win,he had problems with only Sonnen,and still gets the win.The best there has ever been,no question

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

So I guess the next shot goes to the winner of Bisping v Belcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,674 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The ultimate opponent for Silva is Bones but there would always be controversy about Silva moving up or Bones moving down. Pity they aren't in the same division. Other than that, no one in MW can touch Silva, he's just too good I'm afraid.

On a side note, hope Hendo smashes Bones!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Bones or rematch with Hendo

Bones being my preferred choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Varied wrote: »
    the guy is a genius

Normally I hate the word genius as it seems to be thrown around for everyone these days, but really I do think Anderson is a genius. There is almost something odd about him... his skill level is so advanced.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The ultimate opponent for Silva is Bones but there would always be controversy about Silva moving up or Bones moving down. Pity they aren't in the same division. Other than that, no one in MW can touch Silva, he's just too good I'm afraid.

On a side note, hope Hendo smashes Bones!
    Here here, hope he does too, but the reach advantage willl be too much, but then again you`d never know with Hendo?! What about Weidman???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Winner of Bisping vs Belcher = next at Silva imo.

Weidman vs Stann = winner fights loser of Bisping Belcher for the next shot.

Lombard vs Sonnen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

scudzilla wrote: »
    Bit daft IMO of having a thread title **spoilers**Who has best chance at beating winner of Chael vAnderson?

I mean, quite a few would beat Chael, as much as i love the guy

It was who can beat silva? but that's a spoiler and could not be used till a week after the event, for obvious reasons.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

cowzerp wrote: »
    It was who can beat silva? but that's a spoiler and could not be used till a week after the event, for obvious reasons.
    i think he is inferring that the way the title is currently phrased implies silva won. title should be "next opponent for inner of chael v anderson"

Advertisement