Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has best chance at beating Anderson Silva?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

With Chael sadly letting us all down at the weekend, Silva really does look as invincible as ever. Who do you reckon has the best shot at actually dethroning him or is he just gonna continue winning until retirement?

Bisping, Munoz, Lombard, Stann, Boetsch, Weidman, Belcher, Evans (coming down from LHW), GSP (coming up from WW)?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

evans or belcher

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Can't see any of them getting close tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

fibhol1906.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

pfft anderson is death :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It's a shame the chap who was doing this doesn't have an updated one, but I guess it would be hard to get all the heads onto the throne.

Anderson_Silva_1000563.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I think it will be his fellow Brazilian... Blanka.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Anderson's clone

or Age+Weidman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sonnen gassed at the end of the first round. He got full mount with almost a minute to go and just lay on top of him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

JJayoo wrote: »
    Sonnen gassed at the end of the first round. He got full mount with almost a minute to go and just lay on top of him.

What fight were you watching? He was nowhere near gassed.

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with the question...

I know Bisping probably doesn't stand a chance but I'd really like to see him do it. Seems like a decent bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What fight were you watching? He was nowhere near gassed.

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with the question...

I know Bisping probably doesn't stand a chance but I'd really like to see him do it. Seems like a decent bloke.

He's not, and that's first hand, and not only once, i met him at UFC 72 and had a drink with him at the hotel, he was sound, since then our paths have crossed 3-4 times and each time he's got gradually worse (Big headed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

At middleweight: no one, Evans would be the closest if he came down.

At Light Heavyweight: guys like Bader and Phil Davis would give him decent tests because they are very good wrestlers but Jones & Hendo would be the people who have the most legit chance of beating Anderson.

Is Evans actually moving down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

unknown13 wrote: »
    At middleweight: no one, Evans would be the closest if he came down.

At Light Heavyweight: guys like Bader and Phil Davis would give him decent tests because they are very good wrestlers but Jones & Hendo would be the people who have the most legit chance of beating Anderson.

Is Evans actually moving down ?

If he chopped off a limb then maybe he'd make 185, otherwise i doubt it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I want to see Munoz up next, I don't think his wrestling is as good as others but I still think he's got the best chance. I like Weidmann but I think he needs more time.

I want to see Munoz up next, I don't think his wrestling is as good as others but I still think he's got the best chance. I like Weidmann but I think he needs more time.

His wrestling is most likely good enough to give Anderson some problems and the dude also has freak power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Munoz is a Division 1 wrestling champ. His wrestling is probably the best in the division!

Maybe him or Belcher, don't see it happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think if any of the current crop of MWs beat Anderson it will be a horrible shame because, let's face it, none of them are worthy!

your post has nothing to do with the question...

Ya my bad, meant to post this in the UFC 148 thread.

But great input cereal, answering the question who has the best chance at beating Anderson with
    I know Bisping probably doesn't stand a chance

In the words of a wise man
    your post has nothing to do with the question

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Sorry, I'll rephrase it for you,

Bisping probably doesn't stand a chance but IMO he's the most likely to succeed.

Is that ok for you?

BTW, thanks for the compliment. It was sweet of you.

Stupid post.

Ya my bad, meant to post this in the UFC 148 thread.

But great input cereal, answering the question who has the best chance at beating Anderson with

In the words of a wise man

You seemed to have failed to include the entire sentence. I think the Bisping comment was valid enough.

To say someone doesn't have much of a chance isn't to say he doens't have a higher chance than everyone else and therefore the best chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

I'd give Munoz the best chance out of the current bunch. Got the wrestling pedigree, but he has enough power in his hands to take advantage in positions where Sonnen couldn't.

Of course, I still think he'd get away within two rounds mind!

The rest of the sentence stated that cereal would like Bisping to win and that he thinks Bisping is a nice guy. Well I would like to see Belfort beat Anderson and I think hes sound but it isn't really relevant.

Plus MrStuffins you actually failed to include the entire sentence, leaving out the part in which I called cereal wise, which was to show that my response was to be taken with a bit of humor and wasn't a dig at cereal.

I think prehaps MrStuffins is trying to stir things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Silva got lucky last time, I'd pick Belfort to beat him-last time Anderson was looking spooked I felt.

The front kick was pure luck.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

The rest of the sentence stated that cereal would like Bisping to win and that he thinks Bisping is a nice guy. Well I would like to see Belfort beat Anderson and I think hes sound but it isn't really relevant.

Plus MrStuffins you actually failed to include the entire sentence, leaving out the part in which I called cereal wise, which was to show that my response was to be taken with a bit of humor and wasn't a dig at cereal.

I think prehaps MrStuffins is trying to stir things.

I didn't leave anything out. I never quoted anything!
    cowzerp wrote: »
    Silva got lucky last time, I'd pick Belfort to beat him-last time Anderson was looking spooked I felt.

There was no luck about it! Steven Seagal taught him how to do it!

I'm gonna hold of until Cody Mckenzie finds a McDonalds and moves up to take Andersons crown

This is very pointless but
    I didn't leave anything out. I never quoted anything!

You quoted most of my post. Anyhow completely pointless to derail the thread so I'm right and thats that :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Are people forgeting Munoz got beat by Okami?

This is very pointless but

You quoted most of my post. Anyhow completely pointless to derail the thread so I'm right and thats that :rolleyes::pac:

Forgive me, I DID quote your post.

However, I didn't leave anything out! I didn't edit it in any way!

cowzerp wrote: »

I'd like to see Belfort get another crack at him but I think he needs to knock off another contender beforehand.

Ideally I'd like to see Belfort and Munoz take a different route to Anderson so there are two potential legit challengers in the wings.
    Jonah42 wrote: »
    Munoz is a Division 1 wrestling champ. His wrestling is probably the best in the division!

Maybe him or Belcher, don't see it happening though.

Munoz has also stated the Anderson was tough to take down when he trained with him. I also reckon Chael has better TD's in MMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Pele

Advertisement