Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your hair?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

A barber once told me that Head & Shoulders is a very harsh shampoo that is not very nice to hair. He recommended baby shampoo, which I've been using since. I shower and wash my hair first thing every morning. I sometimes shower (and wash my hair) more than once a day if I go to the gym. The gym has some type of combo shampoo/body wash which seems to work ok with no ill effects. tbh I'm running out of hair up there so I don't know what's doing what. YMMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Every day, and only with the finest of shampoos. Nothing else is worthy of my flowing, manly locks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Kiera wrote: »
    Dont you know this is my favorite time of year ;)
    Cradle snatcher! Tries frantically to squeeze big a55ed self into cradle

A barber once told me that Head & Shoulders is a very harsh shampoo that is not very nice to hair. He recommended baby shampoo, which I've been using since. I shower and wash my hair first thing every morning. I sometimes shower (and wash my hair) more than once a day if I go to the gym. The gym has some type of combo shampoo/body wash which seems to work ok with no ill effects. tbh I'm running out of hair up there so I don't know what's doing what. YMMV.
    it's the baby shampoo- you have solved the riddle of why babies are bald. I feckin knew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

Pottler wrote: »
    it's the baby shampoo- you have solved the riddle of why babies are bald. I feckin knew it.
    Yeah and the reason they're born nekkid is because of baby powder. Jayziz, what a maroon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Kurz wrote: »
    Does putting shower gel in it count as washing it?

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Why wouldn't a lad wash his hair everyday?

Everyday for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

2 or 3 times a week for me if it needs it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conor_Sammon

I rub vaseline onto my head every second evening to achieve such a shiny top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Erm, what do you be doing to rabbits?

That is actually quite an interesting thing to raise, in many ways: culturally, semiotically, sociologically, philosophically, anthropomorphically, etc. Whether she is doing to the rabbit or the rabbit is doing to her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,417 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Once a day when I shower, but it's not really a big deal as I have it shaved to number 1 level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I clean it everyday.

Once or twice a day.. Works good.

Yeah and the reason they're born nekkid is because of baby powder. Jayziz, what a maroon.
    What's a maroon? Always thought they were a form of flare shot out by sailors in distress. Anyway, no need to get narky just because the baby shampoo is making you bald. Some men find bald men very attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Baby shampoo makes you bald?

/washes ass with baby shampoo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

As required

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

About 6 days a week with my showers. I dont usually shower on Sundays as its bed day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I wash my hair every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Either once a day or every two days depends on the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Every morning in the shower.
    If it's hot or I get sweaty, twice a day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

every day

Baby shampoo makes you bald?

/washes ass with baby shampoo

You're disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I wash my hair once a week,the odd time twice.

Don't understand how some people can wash their hair everyday.I hate to imagine how dry it must get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Twice a week (wash and condition) - it doesn't need washing any more than that. The scalp produces natural oils which the hair needs. Washing your hair every day washes away those oils.

Unless you have extremely greasy hair, washing every day isn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Every second day - if I leave it till day 3 my scalp gets unbelievably greasy and uncomfortably itchy - even the inside of my ears get itchy. Horrible :(
    Twice a week (wash and condition) - it doesn't need washing any more than that. The scalp produces natural oils which the hair needs. Washing your hair every day washes away those oils.

Unless you have extremely greasy hair, washing every day isn't necessary.

I wash my hair nearly every day, but for the last couple of years or so, I very rarely use shampoo (once every few weeks). Makes the world of difference as you're cleaning your hair but not stripping it of it's natural oils and after a few weeks of this, your scalp stops producing so much oil and it takes longer for it to start feeling greasy.

Advertisement