Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office Season 9 [NBC - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just finished. What a great show, one of my favourites, can't believe it's over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just finished. What a great show, one of my favourites, can't believe it's over.

Yea devastated actually, I never once was bothered about a tv ending until now, it was a great show and one I can see myself throwing on over and over when I'm having a crappy day.

It was a nice way to finish it, in fact the last three episodes were some of the strongest over the last nine years. It certainly always keep me satisfied with a big smile on my face.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I moaned about the dip in quality in the last few seasons, but I'm sad it has ended. I think they did a good job tying it all up together at the end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Butterface wrote: »
    I moaned about the dip in quality in the last few seasons, but I'm sad it has ended. I think they did a good job tying it all up together at the end.

everyshow has it's dips in quality and The Office was no exception. Gonna miss it terribly, Dwight, Creed, Kevin, Stanley, one of the rare shows where the minor characters have some show stealing lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Just to echo the comments of others, pretty gutted that it's now over. Irrespective of the quality of the past couple of seasons, I loved it and will miss it quite a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I feel like a big girl.:o I cried loads during that.
    Erin is a character I've never really cared about but her meeting her parents was a beautiful moment.
    I had forgot about Michael coming back so I was delighted when he appeared with a trademark "that's what she said". His best line though, was "It's like all your kids grew up and married each other, it's every parents dream":pac:

It was a good send off for everyone these last few episodes and I'm delighted that they go out on a high as the last few seasons had seen a serious drop in quality and it was time to go. That won't stop me missing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. Will miss it

The question now is.... how long do I leave it before watching it all again on Netflix? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I watched a few old episodes recently, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

hated the whole series but the last two episodes were just brilliant. It tied everything up nicely

I liked they way they didnt leave Andy hanging.
    Erin meeting her parents.
    Tate getting her baby
    Ryan and Kelly with each other.
    Kevin being happy, same with daryl.
    I thought phyllis feeding the new stanley was gas.
    Jim & pam and Dwight & Angela

I thought the whole scene of them meeting the audience, the Q & A, was deadly

Anyone else watch the 1 hour show that was on before it, it was really very good.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was pretty good. I liked that Jenna Fischer was getting choked up just thinking about certain moments, even ones from previous series! Showed how tight-knit the cast was, and explains the amazing chemistry between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

What was that 1 hour show before the final episode called? I didn't see it and want to see if I can get a hold of it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Average-Ro wrote: »
    What was that 1 hour show before the final episode called? I didn't see it and want to see if I can get a hold of it somewhere.
    it was just called the office special from what i can see, i dont see how you would have difficulty finding it,

Yeah, think it was specifically called "The Office Retrospective".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really enjoyed the end of the series. As others have said it did dip in quality in recent seasons but I will miss it now that its gone. Will start it again in a couple months. Ages since I saw the start of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Just watched it this weekend. Sad its all over, but a great way to go out. Each character having their final monologue and what it meant to them was excellent. Even though I was delighted to see Michael back (and thought it was done very well), I was a little disappointed also, as I thought the way he left didn't need for he to do so. Dwight with the stripper was brilliant.

In the previous episode before the finale, I thought the ending to that was excellent. Putting on the documentary in the bar and the first scene of it actually being the first scene of the series was great.

All in all, I'm really going to miss the Office. Having only seen most of the episode's once I'm going to enjoy going back through them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

sweet ending.
    Won't miss it one bit, 9 seasons most of which were real tired but I still enjoy s.2+3 more than anything that came after - loads of replay value from them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Looks like David Wallace is gay for Oscar.

I think Creed was the Scranton strangler.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

padd b1975 wrote: »

Toby met him though.

• Advertisement

Toby met him though.
    Toby met a guy who was in prison.

Maybe he tried to kill Toby because it was a miss-carriage of justice?

We will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

well we will :confused:

I dont think its a big mystery that they have worked into the show or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm really sad its over but at the same time I'm glad because I think the show went completely downhill after Michael left.

I liked the final episode. It tied up everything nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seth Rogan would have been awful as Dwight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Adam Scott hasn't aged a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Think Bob Odenkirk could have potentially been good as Michael, especially since seeing him in Season 9. It gave us a taste of what could have been, and thought he was very good!

Dman001 wrote: »
    Think Bob Odenkirk could have potentially been good as Michael, especially since seeing him in Season 9. It gave us a taste of what could have been, and thought he was very good!

Yeah, they were obviously impressed - bringing him back for his cameo was a nice touch. Stonestreet as Kevin would have been interesting, if nothing else for the fact that he'd be like the anti-Cam.

As for Rogen, he's perfectly fine as the stoner/slob, but really that's his entire range right there. Hated him as young George in Arrested Development, and I'd have a completely different view of the Office had he been cast as Dwight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, they were obviously impressed - bringing him back for his cameo was a nice touch. Stonestreet as Kevin would have been interesting, if nothing else for the fact that he'd be like the anti-Cam.

As for Rogen, he's perfectly fine as the stoner/slob, but really that's his entire range right there. Hated him as young George in Arrested Development, and I'd have a completely different view of the Office had he been cast as Dwight.

Dwight is such a great character. If Rogan was cast as Dwight, they would have to have changed the character a lot otherwise it wouldn't have worked at all.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Adam Scott would have actually made a better Jim.

Advertisement