Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office Season 9 [NBC - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That was the worst thing Bryan Cranston has ever done.
    There's only so much a director can do with dreck like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, no idea why he thought it would be a good idea to get involved at this stage.

That was the worst thing Bryan Cranston has ever done.

Was that the one that he directed? Ah, for shame!

If I were Wilson, I would be happy that the Farm isn't being made into a full show, because then he could possibly move away from the Dwight Schrute character - while it made him famous, he's surely been doing it for far far too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

That Farm concept had no merit whatsoever ever. They could have had DM move out of the business park & had him looking after all the other tenants. More potential for humour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems even NBC have lost faith in the last season of the Office, as confirmed by The Office's Facebook Page, this weeks new episode is pushed back until next week as NBC has decided they would rather show a REPEAT of Monday's episode of The Voice.

I would not be surprised if the Season doesn't end up wrapping up earlier than expected, this has been the worse season of the office by a clear country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

lockie1983 wrote: »
    It seems even NBC have lost faith in the last season of the Office, as confirmed by The Office's Facebook Page, this weeks new episode is pushed back until next week as NBC has decided they would rather show a REPEAT of Monday's episode of The Voice.

I would not be surprised if the Season doesn't end up wrapping up earlier than expected, this has been the worse season of the office by a clear country mile.
    thats because half the east coast was washed into the atlantic, a lot of shows got pushed this week,

and also networks wouldn't be allowed cut shows short, they have to honour the contract which is for a full season,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

don ramo wrote: »
    thats because half the east coast was washed into the atlantic, a lot of shows got pushed this week,

and also networks wouldn't be allowed cut shows short, they have to honour the contract which is for a full season,

Shows get cut mid-season or part way through, it happens all the time.

I never did find out who John Doe was.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/08/the_20_greatest_shows_canceled_by_fox_before_their.php

An example of some shows cancelled before their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's more for shows that are in their first year. It is extremely rare for shows that have been running for multiple seasons. They'll finish the season out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

only to freshman shows, which every network only gives initial 9-12 episode orders, so they let them make them episodes they committed to and then drop the show, if its really really bad they just shut down production and pay the actors and crew what they promised without filming the episodes, but its very rare for that to happen,

you probably saw a lot of the freshman shows being reported as getting full season pick-ups the last 3 or 4 weeks, thats the back 12 or however many episodes that the network orders to give the show a full 20-24 episode season

Really good episode this week I thought.

Yeah it was surprising how good it was, but it's probably because it harked back to the older episodes, with the better Jim/Dwight pranks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Is Stephen Colbert going to be in a episode this season or was that just a rumor?

I haven't watched The Office since Carell left but I'd watch an episode with Colbert in it. Colbert can make anything funny.

He was already briefly in an episode - if he comes back for more, I don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It wasn't very funny though. Himself and Cranston must be regretting getting involved now.

I've never understood US comedy's obsession with acapella. It's like a required episode, akin to Bad Guy Commits Suicide closer in their cop shows. I don't think I've ever seen a funny one either. Is it a bizarre inside joke, like the chairs they use in everything?

( http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/files/styles/596xh/public/101556_D0876b.jpg )

The last episode of the Office was amazing! One of the best in a long time, its great to see pranks on Dwight again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Agree with the above, one of the best in a long time. Even Tate was more than bearable.

S09E07 was pretty good, classic Dwight (esp. the sequence in the room with the women, and they're trying to get him to feign interest. That vacant look and the bobbing head - priceless!). The Oscar / Angela / Senator triangle is well done too.

Yakuza wrote: »
    S09E07 was pretty good, classic Dwight (esp. the sequence in the room with the women, and they're trying to get him to feign interest. That vacant look and the bobbing head - priceless!). The Oscar / Angela / Senator triangle is well done too.

Yea the last couple of episodes have picked up mostly thanks to Dwight. The Erin/Andy/Jim Jr storyline is pointless, its a case of been there done that, remember Erin/Andy/Gabe. Its very lazy writing on behalf of the writers to focus so heavily on love triangles.

• Advertisement

Yea the last couple of episodes have picked up mostly thanks to Dwight. The Erin/Andy/Jim Jr storyline is pointless, its a case of been there done that, remember Erin/Andy/Gabe. Its very lazy writing on behalf of the writers to focus so heavily on love triangles.

Jim/Pam/Roy.
    Andy/Angela/Dwight.

They're just rehashing the same old stories.

They seem to be on a roll - Dwight spying for Angela and his lines "if I'm not in your panties, no vigilantes" and "Oscar and the Senator are gaying each other" comment had me in stitches.

The "she's had a camera crew following her around for the last 9 years" was a nice self-deprecating touch. Not exactly breaking the fourth wall (as that's built into the show) but a nod to the unlikelihood of it happening.

Not a big fan of the Erin / "new Jim" (I can't be bothered finding out his name) interaction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those 2 new interns are complete crap, Ive never seen new characters so blatantly shoehorned in to try and save a dying show, reminds me of:

250px-It%27sRoy.jpg

Best episode in a long time

Thargor wrote: »
    Those 2 new interns are complete crap, Ive never seen new characters so blatantly shoehorned in to try and save a dying show

Not really trying to save a dying show when they announced its cancelled after this season!

Is it? Ah right, should have just killed it when Micheal left then.

Brutal episode, the acting is starting to go down the tubes now along with the writing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can't beat a good pratfall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Has Ed Helms just decided not to show up for work (in both senses)?

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this week actually, everyone seems to get more screen time. Also noticed all the leads are now producers

Advertisement