Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

bruschi wrote: »
    I know I'm getting the rate at the €118 because the previous year I paid for the season only (and I think I paid through Brazil). So when the following season came up, I was given a once off US$ offer to pay the full year at the same rate as the season only (as there is no season only anymore) so hence was a cheaper option. Seems that the cheaper option has followed on for those who may have had the subscription this way.

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that no additional discounts are currently available.

We have been working hard to provide new amazing functionalities, such as offline view on android and an improved video quality.

We hope you'll decide to remain customer.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

Unfortunately Paypal payment method does not provide the autorenewal feature, at the moment.
    You should create a new account with credit card in order to purchase a new subscription with the autorenewal on.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks.

NFL Game Pass Support Team

:mad::mad: What a load of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jesus it takes some serious effort to create such a massive mess of something so simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Brian017

Raoul wrote: »

Unfortunately Paypal payment method does not provide the autorenewal feature, at the moment.
    You should create a new account with credit card in order to purchase a new subscription with the autorenewal on.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks.

:mad::mad: What a load of sh1te.

Got a similar reply too. A load of sh*te indeed.

They should have a system to change from PayPal to Credit/Debit Card without having to create a new account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    bruschi wrote: »
    I know I'm getting the rate at the €118 because the previous year I paid for the season only (and I think I paid through Brazil). So when the following season came up, I was given a once off US$ offer to pay the full year at the same rate as the season only (as there is no season only anymore) so hence was a cheaper option. Seems that the cheaper option has followed on for those who may have had the subscription this way.

I'm in the same boat, but I wasn't offered the reduced renewal rate:(

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    Got a similar reply too. A load of sh*te indeed.

They should have a system to change from PayPal to Credit/Debit Card without having to create a new account :(

Like my nfl fantasy account is on my current account. It is such a pain in the *rse to have two accounts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone want this paid for for the year?

"Game Charting
    If you or any of your friends are interested in charting games for RotoUnderworld this season, email us rotounderworld@gmail.com"

There are 2 different positions. One is a gameflow scout, pays $20 a game the other is a position scout, pays $25 a game. Not a lot, but ill be watching the games anyway so no harm doing this and letting roto underworld pay my gamepass for me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Guffy wrote: »
    Anyone want this paid for for the year?

"Game Charting
    If you or any of your friends are interested in charting games for RotoUnderworld this season, email us rotounderworld@gmail.com"

There are 2 different positions. One is a gameflow scout, pays $20 a game the other is a position scout, pays $25 a game. Not a lot, but ill be watching the games anyway so no harm doing this and letting roto underworld pay my gamepass for me

What does it entail?

What does it entail?

performance scouts (track contested catches, target separation, evaded tackles, under duress throws, etc) and formation scouts (track snaps, wr sets, defensive formations, and slot assignments)

Formation is 20 and performance is 25

You basically watch a game, enter data to an excel sheet and send it in by sunday night/monday morning.

When are the 6pm and 9pm condensed games usually available?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

performance scouts (track contested catches, target separation, evaded tackles, under duress throws, etc) and formation scouts (track snaps, wr sets, defensive formations, and slot assignments)

Formation is 20 and performance is 25

I'd love to do it, but couldnt commit the time tbh

• Advertisement

I'd love to do it, but couldnt commit the time tbh

Ya i generally work sun so dont go out for games. Hopefully i can get the condensed game in after work and before the sun night game.

If they're up

Ya i generally work sun so dont go out for games. Hopefully i can get the condensed game in after work and before the sun night game.

If they're up

Doesn't seem like a lot of pay for the amount of time invested? Well actually I guess it is only 30 min if you watch it condensed the next day. Not bad I suppose.

Doesn't seem like a lot of pay for the amount of time invested? Well actually I guess it is only 30 min if you watch it condensed the next day. Not bad I suppose.

Id imagine with rewatching certain snaps it woul prob take a couple of hours. Its not a lot of money no. Its something youd actually have to be into and prob have to watch your own team only anyway for it to make sense.

"hey - thanks so much for expressing interest in the game analyst position. scouts will need: a computer with excel, access to a local game broadcast, and a dvr. we pay $20-25 per game (one game per week) and charts are submitted sunday night. to give you a quick overview, we are looking for performance scouts (track contested catches, target separation, evaded tackles, under duress throws, etc) and formation scouts (track snaps, wr sets, defensive formations, and slot assignments). most new analysts start as formation scouts at the $20 per game level and work up to performance scout at the $25 per game level. we'll be starting a mini boot camp with preseason dry runs in august before finalizing the analyst roster for the start of the season.

given these details, if you are still interested, please reply back with your home tv market team(s) and confirmation that you can chart all 17 games during the upcoming season.

thanks again for reaching out.

all the best,

matt"

Just a bit more info for anyone else that may be interested. Think I will give it a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm really annoyed about the Paypal accounts not being able to avail of any discounts or auto-renewal. They quoted me €154.99 fr the year if I get a new subscription on August 1 so I sent the following email:
    Can I clarify if that price you have quoted me is the same as the renewal price for previous customers? If not, I have to say I am really disappointed. I have had a subscription for the full season plus for the past 2 years, yet I am being penalised for using a payment method that I wasn't told would cause these problems.

Got this reply:
    The price quoted (154.99 EUR) is the Season Pro (Annual) cost.

We would like to inform you that pricing may differ depending on several factors, including personalized subscriptions/particular commercial policies

We thank you for your understanding and remain at your complete disposal should you require any further assistance

Thanks.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm really annoyed about the Paypal accounts not being able to avail of any discounts or auto-renewal. They quoted me €154.99 fr the year if I get a new subscription on August 1 so I sent the following email:

Got this reply:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least we know the new guys will provide the same level of service as the old guys. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

I wonder if we could make a case to them for offering a group discount rate. I'm not going to renew this year for 159, whereas if I'd a reasonable discount I'd have auto renewed. I'm also less likely to sign up later in season if I don't at the start. I'm sure there are others in a similar position. I wonder would they be interested in some concession if it meant more people and new people signed up? Or is that just nonsense on my part? Surely more subscribers would be a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Megager wrote: »
    I wonder if we could make a case to them for offering a group discount rate. I'm not going to renew this year for 159, whereas if I'd a reasonable discount I'd have auto renewed. I'm also less likely to sign up later in season if I don't at the start. I'm sure there are others in a similar position. I wonder would they be interested in some concession if it meant more people and new people signed up? Or is that just nonsense on my part? Surely more subscribers would be a good thing?

The problem would be trying to explain it to them. The helpdesk seems to be operated by robots who respond to key phrases. I doubt you'd get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

The problem would be trying to explain it to them. The helpdesk seems to be operated by robots who respond to key phrases. I doubt you'd get a response.

I'd be happy to drop them a line, but would it be ok with mods/boards.ie rules? Sure can't hurt anyway.

Megager wrote: »
    I'd be happy to drop them a line, but would it be ok with mods/boards.ie rules? Sure can't hurt anyway.

Pretty sure that it would be ok if you were getting people a discount. I am happy for you to try on my behalf :)

• Advertisement

TBH for 5/10/15 people they won't bother but give it a try

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We would like to confirm that the price for the new NFL Game Pass in Switzerland is 239.99 €; at the moment your auto renewal is set to "Active", consequently the subscription in going to be renewed on August 1st.

Thanks.

Absolute price gouging bastards.

Gonna see if I can turn off auto renew and pretend I'm not in Switz when buying it (or just buy it next time I'm home).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

At least we know the new guys will provide the same level of service as the old guys. :rolleyes:

In fairness you wouldn't have gotten a response from the old crowd..

You Swiss lot must be minted!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Not specifically related to Game Pass but I see that in the Sky rejig Sky Sports Mix has moved from 406 to 121, way down in the "entertainment" part of the EPG

Last year they had RedZone on the mix channel all season, I'd be worried for it this season though, may go behind a red button again.

It was very handy on Mix for those of us not paying for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd read the opposite into that. Moving it into Entertainment is a move to increase it's visibility for its role as a glorified advert for Sky Sports content and Redzone is an incredible advert for Sky Sports content. You might be right but based purely on that move I wouldn't be reading into it what you've read into it.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'd read the opposite into that. Moving it into Entertainment is a move to increase it's visibility for its role as a glorified advert for Sky Sports content and Redzone is an incredible advert for Sky Sports content. You might be right but based purely on that move I wouldn't be reading into it what you've read into it.

It's a great promotion tool for Sky alright but I don't know if they'd be too happy with 6 hours without advertisement revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Fair point.

**** I really want to watch six hours of Redzone now.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Fair point.

**** I really want to watch six hours of Redzone now.

3 is usually enough for me. I prefer watching one full game then red zone for the 2nd game or vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Brian017

I wouldn't be worried about RedZone on Mix. The reason it was moved out of the sports category was SS went from 8 channels to 10 (Action and Arena) and they ran out of EPG numbers since Eurosport has 410. Plus as Beefy said, moving it up the EPG gives it more prominence and people are more likely to stumble upon it by accident which is exactly what Mix was designed to do. RedZone is a perfect programme for a "taster" channel. I'd be shocked if they get rid of it on SSM

Advertisement