Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 148 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

R.F. wrote: »
    Sounds about right. Also the event itself is 4 hours rather than the normal 3 hour

With only a 6 fight main card (and 1 5 rounder) its gonna be a hard push for that if a couple of fights end quick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Madness the money Le is on when Cote is a massive favourite.

Havent heard much of Chael Sonnen but I can only assume he's going to get his ass kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Madness the money Le is on when Cote is a massive favourite.

I'm more surprised Le is the underdog!

This is gonna be a stand-up affair and, as much as I really like Cote, i can't see it going well for him!
    Havent heard much of Chael Sonnen .......

It must be a hard life living under a rock :P

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I cant wait for this card i said early silva by decision but the rest of the card is top notch too. I hope tito leaves on a win as at one time he was the man and i love watch chung le so i hope he pulls off a highlight reel knockout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Silva looked pissed at the weigh ins. Do not see this ending well for Chael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This is bollocks. Why can't the main event start nowwww???

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

What time do the prelims start at anybody know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

ASJ112 wrote: »
    What time do the prelims start at anybody know ?
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    It's on tonight, Facebook prelims start at 12am, UFC.tv prelims at 1am and main card on ESPN at 3am.

(I hope I have that right)

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Anyone having problems watching the FB prelims? Keep getting a 'sign in' message even though I've signed in using my ufc.tv details...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone having problems watching the FB prelims? Keep getting a 'sign in' message even though I've signed in using my ufc.tv details...

i just signed into FB as normal, chose the UFC page and pressed play, working a treat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

It's on Youtube as well which I was oblivious to until now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01DrznHAjw&newstate=e7d668ef1495f1f18c48c997bed2c7f2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

The one thing I do respect about Sonnen is that he has never complained about his pay and has always stated that the UFC look after him well.

Not sure why you'd see that as something to be respected tbh. Some fighters get paid crap for what they do, and the money they help the UFC rake in so their complaints are valid. Not everyone is gets as well looked after as Chael Sonnen.

Look at the money Cote is on, someone who's fought for a title and had some really exciting fights. Gets canned, goes out and fights for peanuts probably, wins his way back in and that's the best they can do for him?

Can't get better than that, started my Fantasy league off with a perfect and used a Boost :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Nope, working fine for me.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't get better than that, started my Fantasy league off with a perfect and used a Boost :D

You're crazy boosting worked wonders. I'd never boost a toss up fight like that.
    Suppose that's the difference between 1 and 9 though :pac:

You're crazy boosting worked wonders. I'd never boost a toss up fight like that.
    Suppose that's the difference between 1 and 9 though :pac:

That's why i'm pretty clear at the top, using my boosts, adds 100 points a fight, no bother, and with a choice of gaining 100 or losing 50 it's a no brainer.

most of my boosts tonight are the undercard, too many close fights on the main

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Jesus, Alessio was fairly wound up there at the end.

This is gonna end quick, with Fukuda getting ko'd

Phillippou's corner sounds like a scene from Goodfellas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Nasty eye poke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Nasty eye poke

followed up by a kick in the stones

Got home just in time for the Roller v Alessio fight and just as it was over my laptop died! Spent the entirety of the Phillipou v Fukida fight fixing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just said this on Twitter but I love how both Goldberg and Rogan are handling having to say the name, Nurmagomedov, repeatedly. You can tell Goldberg spent forever practising it to himself whereas Rogan just jumps right in and gets it over with, quick and easy like a plaster, saying "Nurmegedov". They'd be fooked if they got a gig calling Euro 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Wow, it was close but Unanimous 30-27's??

No idea what Rogan is on about. He counts takedown defence over strikes landed and octagon control. As screwy as the scoring system is, Nurmagadomadagomadov won the fight fairly clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

He may not have done much, but he did more than Khabib. What was it, like 12 takedown attempts and ALL failed? Gleison looked to land more in the exchanges as well.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I had boosted Gleison to win a decision in the fantasy league :pac:

Guillard by TKO in the 1st!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Guillard by TKO in the 1st!

Yeah, thats what i got in my fantasy, wit a Boost

Advertisement