Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.O.O.D Music - Cruel Summer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I liked GRODT nice enough album but nothing decent since IMO.

Kanye is a superb artist. People on here struggle when artists become main stream. Their success is due to their talent. They make albums that appeal to a wide audience work hard and produce nice. They play awesome shows like Watch the Throne.

Your not a bigger hip hop fan because you listen to underground or unappreciated hip hop. That's a fact. If Kanye was in a basement in just breaking through people would be all over him. Fact is he once was and he blew up. Keep listening to MF Doom if it makes you feel better but I won't cos he is ****e.

And before y'all jump on I ****ing love the wu tang hung out with them an all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Whats everyone's opinions? After one listen I find it a mixed bag. Some moments of genius, but nowehere near the standard of regular Kanye Albums.

I'll give it a few more listens before I decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Blisterman wrote: »
    Whats everyone's opinions? After one listen I find it a mixed bag. Some moments of genius, but nowehere near the standard of regular Kanye Albums.

I'll give it a few more listens before I decide.
    very inconsistent album
    few good songs few average one's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Terrible album...Mos Def? Q-Tip? Very little Common...Ma$e is on this ffs. 2Chainz on 3 tracks too many. The Cudi solo track is a joke. I mean this could have been a great great album but meh. Honestly I'm losing my respect and patience for Kanyeezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

havnt had a chance all week to listen to it, going to give this and dmx's album a proper blast after the spurs game.

not liking the reviews so far though, i was expecting some WTT type music :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

As a big fan of Kanye, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce and someone who likes the rest of GOOD Music, I had high expectations going in.

First listen, I had the same feeling as others above, mixed back. Upon 2nd listen my opinion of the album has gone south. I don't really like it.

The best tracks unfortunately are the ones we heard ages ago; Mercy, Don't Like and New God Flow.
    Other good tracks and the ones I will be keeping on my iPod are; To The World (have to say I like the Kanye/R Kelly combo), The Morning (only starts getting good 2:45 in though which is annoying), The One and Sin City.

Overall it's really hit and miss in my view. You can tell Kanye has tried to make it qwerky and artistic like Dark Twisted Fantasy, but where this falls down is that the other artists aren't on his level and struggle to pull it off. Big Sean, as I have said before I'm a big fan of his, I know a lot of people dislike him but I do really like his solo work, on this album though he doesn't fit. Pusha T too, the artsty-piano-style beats are not his bag imo, another who doesn't fit. Common doesn't feature enough, he is one who could put it off but didn't get enough bars, Cyhi also, although maybe not suited to the album style didn't really get a go. Then you have 2 Chainz. I've explained before how to enjoy 2 Chainz. You need to be drunk, he needs to be on a banger of a beat and have throwaway lyrics about strippers and hoes. There has never been a more out of place rapper on an album before imo. He kills Mercy, which is really odd, because on the other, slower tempo songs he sounds like a crazy homeless person.

Couple of tracks will stay in my rotation, and it's got me back into listening to Don't Like which is just huge in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Good you've to go through a lot of crap posts about 50 and GRODT to find posts that relate to the thread topic. Take the bickering off thread will ye.

Few I like on this new album. Mercy, New God FLow all hit a right chord with me. Actually quite like The morning too. Clique for some reason I find class, specially the beat of it. Clique is the guilty pleasure of the album for me, shouldn't like it but do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The video for Mercy is a borefest, much like the song really. For the first time, regardless of his album's quality, he has a severe lack of invention on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Can't believe I'm only hearing Clique now, literally just downloaded the album a few minutes ago and listened to it twice and maybe it's just me but I think it's bloody brilliant, the beat is absolutely incredible IMO..

Probably is just me hah Hit Boy is by far my favourite producer at the moment, he's just so consistent.

Will give the album a proper listen tomorrow, track list looks decent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Not a fan at all of this ,pretty dreadful album. mercy and clique are the only 2 I actually like and even at that clique is wearing off after a couple of repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

mixed album as well and im a massive kanye fan. seeing as where comparing albums and rappers. i dont think kendric lamar's album will be as good as dark twistes fantasy. hell to the no

Too much hype on Kenrick IMO and cant see why people here are hailing him as the massiah of rap and even comparing him to nas and enimen lol yet peopel think Kanye is a pop artist. seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

gerryd2 wrote: »
    I really don't understand how people like the likes of Kanye West, 50 Cent and Jay Z. All 3 had one decent album, well Jay Z had 2 but all their **** now is mainstream pop music garbage with the exception of maybe one or 2 decent songs per album.

This is some of his lyrics on that song.

I believe theres a god above me/I'm just a god of everything else???/I put holes in everything else/new god flow **** everything else/supreme dope dilla, write it in bold letters/they love a niggas spirit like pac at cochella/they say bush ain't fit with the umbrella?????/

Imagine I came on these forums and said yo check this rhyme I wrote out and write crap like that. How many of yous would say that was dope??? and thats ignoring the fact he thinks hes a god and his flows biblical.

People who mainly listen to these artists are missing out on some real hiphop from rappers that tell real stories or are lyrical monsters.

Eh, that's Pusha T

The highs on this are very high - Mercy, Clique, New God Flow, Don't Like are all excellent. The rest though are pretty weak.

Would have loved to see him team Pusha T up with Rae and Ghost on the same track (without Ye). Could have been a coke rap classic!

Advertisement