Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.O.O.D Music - Cruel Summer

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

new album by Kanye & his G.O.O.D music label
    Latest single from the album

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

not bad, kanye kills it though. looking forward to this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://rapradar.com/2012/09/06/new-music-big-sean-ft-jay-z-x-kanye-west-clique/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    New Music: Big Sean Ft. Jay-Z x Kanye West “Clique”

Thursday, September 06 2012 7:06 PM EST | Posted by: B.Dot | Posted in: Blog, Music
    kanye-west-clique_jpeg_630x630_q85.jpg?w=540&h=540

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

I really don't understand how people like the likes of Kanye West, 50 Cent and Jay Z. All 3 had one decent album, well Jay Z had 2 but all their **** now is mainstream pop music garbage with the exception of maybe one or 2 decent songs per album.

This is some of his lyrics on that song.

I believe theres a god above me/I'm just a god of everything else???/I put holes in everything else/new god flow **** everything else/supreme dope dilla, write it in bold letters/they love a niggas spirit like pac at cochella/they say bush ain't fit with the umbrella?????/

Imagine I came on these forums and said yo check this rhyme I wrote out and write crap like that. How many of yous would say that was dope??? and thats ignoring the fact he thinks hes a god and his flows biblical.

People who mainly listen to these artists are missing out on some real hiphop from rappers that tell real stories or are lyrical monsters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kanye West is, without doubt, one of the best producers HipHop has ever seen. He has consistently released good albums for 8 years now. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is musically near perfect, few **** verses on there and some annoying bits like the chris rock bull**** and swizz beats being swizz beats. But the production start to finish is insane.

Jay is Jay, love him or hate him, himself and Nas are top 2 rappers every IMHO, **** a pac/biggie/whoever else, those two are peerless.

50 is a joke though, give you that.

• Advertisement

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is musically near perfect

stop please.

stop please.

The most universally critically acclaimed hiphop album of the last ten years for a damned good reason.

Nobody in hiphop is on his level when it comes to creativity, experimentation of understanding of why and how music works.

Other level ****.

Seaneh wrote: »
    The most universally critically acclaimed hiphop album of the last ten years for a damned good reason.

Nobody in hiphop is on his level when it comes to creativity, experimentation of understanding of why and how music works.

Other level ****.

my arse, the most over-rated album in the last ten years more like. Purely hyped because it was his return to rapping after that commercial pop album. The production was nice but it was blighted because of horrible features, verses, unnecessary over cooked songs all crammed together into one mess of a boring album.

Other level ****.

my arse, the most over-rated album in the last ten years more like. Purely hyped because it was his return to rapping after that commercial pop album. The production was nice but it was blighted with horrible features, verses, unnecessary over cooked songs all crammed together into one mess of a boring album.

You like 50 cent, so really, your opinion is invalid.

• Advertisement

You like 50 cent, so really, your opinion is invalid.

pathetic reply... Your opinions on nas and kanye are hilariously stupid.

See my previous post.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is musically near perfect

i could list a truck load of albums better than mbdtf in the last ten years. Your opinion is only that of a......

;)

You're going to claim Stan on someone, are you ****ting me?

****ing hilarious.

YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH 50 CENT!

It's not my favourite album of the last 10 years btw, but it is musically perfect. There are weak verses and the stupid stuff like the chris rock thing, Nikki and Ross's verses, the intro and a few other bits I don't like. But as a piece of music, it's genius, not many albums can be listened to as instrumentals and sound better than 99% of **** on the market that weren't recorded as instrumental albums.

It's not even my favourite Kanye album though.

You're going to claim Stan on someone, are you ****ting me?

****ing hilarious.

YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH 50 CENT!

the same could be applied to your god like status of nas who's released arguably more rubbish than any mainstream rapper the last ten years.

Ask 100 hiphop heads who the top 5 rappers of all time are and the vast majority of them will have Nas in their top 5.

There is a reason for that.

Even Nas's worst albums have been bad because he can't pick beats, lyrically he's peerless, nobody could say otherwise, and if they do they are an idiot.

Hell even God Son has verses like the second verse on Dance, the first verse on last real nigga alive.

Ask 100 hiphop heads who the top 5 rappers of all time are and the vast majority of them will have Nas in their top 5.

There is a reason for that.

Even Nas's worst albums have been bad because he can't pick beats, lyrically he's peerless, nobody could say otherwise, and if they do they are an idiot.

Hell even God Son has verses like the second verse on Dance, the first verse on last real nigga alive.

look who's obsessed with nas... so easy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUKfgdhECW-YDO2yEMR9IT6EN5o6kamXq0_FV1DrOCmIgpqvAur2n2ajEL

I taught my opionion was irrelvant because of 50 cent... i guess nas's opinion is just as irrelevant right?

Educate yourself, Nastradamus predicted 50s the future , i guess he was right. Too bad 50 made eminem and dre rich instead of nas...50 could of made nas stay relevant the same way he did aftermath the last ten years.

Do you really think 50 is actually a good rapper?

Seriously?

He's a pop artist. That's it, nothing else.

The second record sales actually = talent I'll accept what you say but in reality it's just an indicator of marketing.

As a brand 50 is great, he does his thing, fair play.

As a rapper he's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

As a rapper 50 is not a joke, he had his moments, the soundtrack to grodt was quality, the massacre was a pretty nice album, personally i like his music.

I honestly think he is lyrically, one of the worst main stream rapper out there.

Not quite on the 2 chains level of ****ness but not far off.

• Advertisement

Do you really think 50 is actually a good rapper?

Seriously?

he's no where near nas's level as in regards rapping obviously but the man can rap when he wants too. Your not a fan, grand i dont care but your ignorant to his music. If you ever listened to 50 pre aftermath or just give his unrealeased power of the doller album a listen via youtube before he was shot you wouldnt be saying that.

he's easy too hate on but the likes of get rich is a classic, he's been the most consistant gangsta rapper the last ten years without a shadow of a doubt. His mixtapes after he was shot were classics and are the blueprints to the mixtapes you hear today.
    He's a pop artist. That's it, nothing else.

like i said the most consistant gangsta rapper the last ten years or so, fair enough he's had his radio/commercial moments but who hasnt? i remember seeing nas in a niki minaj video recently or the milkshake video with kelis, j lo etc etc.

pop is kanye west buddy, 808 ring any bells? pure pop music. Sell out move by kanye, no genuis to it just a commercial move.
    The second record sales actually = talent I'll accept what you say but in reality it's just an indicator of marketing.

As a brand 50 is great, he does his thing, fair play.

As a rapper he's a joke.

his sales early in his career were due to the fact that get rich and massacare are very very good albums. Iv said it before 50s fell off but they all do at some point, nas went 10 years without a good album, eminem fell off, jay z did etc etc...

GROTD is not a classic, I am sorry, it's nowhere near classic status.
    It's a pop-hop album.

As for 808's it was just an experimental album. It was completely different to everything else being released at the time, as a piece of music it's actually impressive. It's no more "pop" than any 50 cent album.

Everything Nas before Godson is a classic, Godson and street disciple were ok but his last 3 albums weren't great.

As for that Kanye album being greatest in 10 years I bet if you wrote out half the lyrics on his songs you would find its complete horse crap. He is a good producer and makes some great beats but he has one of the biggest egos in the rap game.

Also never go by reviews as back up because half the websites reviewing them get interviews, early review CDS and timed exclusive tracks off upcoming albums from artists and if they turn around and give bad reviews then the labels stop giving them these exclusives.

Thats why the likes of Nas can release ok albums like Life is good and recieve 4 -5 stars from every reviewer. In my opinion its 3 stars at best compared to old Nas stuff. Just google search "reviewer fired for giving bad review score" and you'll see how corrupt the review system is from all the search results.

Aye if you think its great then cool, we all have different tastes. Thats why I always say in my opinion cause I know my views don't reflect everyones. But I guarantee if you wrote out his lyrics and take away the beats and production you'd find he doesn't say much.

gerryd2 wrote: »
    Everything Nas before Godson is a classic, Godson and street disciple were ok but his last 3 albums weren't great.

As for that Kanye album being greatest in 10 years I bet if you wrote out half the lyrics on his songs you would find its complete horse crap. He is a good producer and makes some great beats but he has one of the biggest egos in the rap game.

Also never go by reviews as back up because half the websites reviewing them get interviews, early review CDS and timed exclusive tracks off upcoming albums from artists and if they turn around and give bad reviews then the labels stop giving them these exclusives.

Thats why the likes of Nas can release ok albums like Life is good and recieve 4 -5 stars from every reviewer. In my opinion its 3 stars at best compared to old Nas stuff. Just google search "reviewer fired for giving bad review score" and you'll see how corrupt the review system is from all the search results.

Aye if you think its great then cool, we all have different tastes. Thats why I always say in my opinion cause I know my views don't reflect everyones. But I guarantee if you wrote out his lyrics and take away the beats and production you'd find he doesn't say much.

With Kanye I know lyrically he't not great... I've never claimed he was.
    I've been saying all along in here that MUSICALLY MBDTF is near perfect, as an arrangement of music, it's amazing.

As for 50 cent. Theres a reason why Aftermath have been messing him about with release dates and delays over the past few years and I'll give you a hint why. Its not because he makes great music they can't wait to put out.

The mixtapes he did before Aftermath were great and Get Rich or Die trying is a classic in my opinion as well but every album after that gets worse by the album. If he never got shot and didn't have Dre or Eminem on his team he wouldn't have sold what he did. Chris Rock tells a great joke about this." He got shot 9 times, yeah but whos producing him, I don't know but he got shot 9 times, yeah but whos he featured with, I don't know but he got shot 9 times. 50 cent joke in the first vid, second vid talks some true ****.

GROTD is not a classic, I am sorry, it's nowhere near classic status.
    It's a pop-hop album.

As for 808's it was just an experimental album. It was completely different to everything else being released at the time, as a piece of music it's actually impressive. It's no more "pop" than any 50 cent album.

Right Ye.. I'm fed up of repeating myself , I'd have a better chance of getting blood from a stone.

Il never take you seriously here though, 808s is not pop but get rich is... That's a fairly warped stupid opinion to have but each to their own.

I agree with everything you said in the first post Gerry and some of what you said in the 2nd. The truth is though 50 made his own buzz on the mixtape scene without dre or eminem, how to rob etc. He was a gangsta rapper with a real story to tell, beefs etc that's what caused the bidding wars between labels to sign him resulting in the aftermath deal.

Obviously having dre and em was going to benifit him even more especially eminem who is the biggest rapper on the planet and was really big back then. I agree on the albums after the massacre he's struggled a lot but he's heavily back on the mixtape scene the last year, pretty much going back to his roots, hopefully he can find some substance again because that's what he's lacking.

Right Ye.. I'm fed up of repeating myself , I'd have a better chance of getting blood from a stone.

Il never take you seriously here though, 808s is not pop but get rich is... That's a fairly warped stupid opinion to have but each to their own.

I agree with everything you said in the first post Gerry and some of what you said in the 2nd. The truth is though 50 made his own buzz on the mixtape scene without dre or eminem, how to rob etc. He was a gangsta rapper with a real story to tell, beefs etc that's what caused the bidding wars between labels to sign him resulting in the aftermath deal.

Obviously having dre and em was going to benifit him even more especially eminem who is the biggest rapper on the planet and was really big back then. I agree on the albums after the massacre he's struggled a lot but he's heavily back on the mixtape scene the last year, pretty much going back to his roots, hopefully he can find some substance again because that's what he's lacking.
    Aye I wasn't saying he wouldn't have sold without them but if he didn't have them or got shot then he wouldn't have sold 10 mil copies if thats what GRODT sold. I just think he doesn't have the hunger anymore because he definitely doesn't need the money and hes been gone from the streets too long living the good life and his music reflects that.

I'd agree his story had a huge part to play in his success, it's had a huge influence on his career. His story drew me in and then I listened to the mixtapes and work before he was shot and it turned me into an over night fan then came get rich. His beef with ja rule and murder inc was arguably the last decent battle we will ever see.

I also agree on the street lryics but I always say gangsta rappers have very little room to manuver in terms of creativity. I'm personally hoping for something touching on his street king venture and the things going on out there in the 3rd world but I think that's too much for a rapper of 50s level.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD NOTE

@ MD1990 - under no circumstances can you provide links to albums unless they are albums or mixtapes being shared for free by artist or label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

my fav song on Cruel Summer

Advertisement