Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Afghanistan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Good day for Ireland in the Inter-Continental Cup game:
    Afghanistan 84 all out.
    Ireland 126-2

Only started today, only one day left. I'm sure Ireland will be out to build a good lead in the morning and hopefully get things done before evening. Hopefully no rain breaks. 6 points in the bag for the first innings lead but hopefully all 20 points can be got to put Ireland in a strong position to regain that competition.

Also I see in the World Cricket League games, Scotland v Canada was washed out yesterday and it could be a 2nd washout tomorrow which would be a blow to the Scots hopes of qualifying.

Ireland 8 6 0 1 1 13
    UAE 6 5 0 0 1 10
    Scotland 7 4 0 1 2 9
    Afghanistan 8 3 0 1 4 7
    Netherlands 6 3 0 0 3 6
    Kenya 6 2 0 0 4 4
    Canada 7 1 0 1 5 3
    Namibia 6 1 0 0 5 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Good day for Ireland in the Inter-Continental Cup game:
    Afghanistan 84 all out.
    Ireland 126-2

Only started today, only one day left. I'm sure Ireland will be out to build a good lead in the morning and hopefully get things done before evening. Hopefully no rain breaks. 6 points in the bag for the first innings lead but hopefully all 20 points can be got to put Ireland in a strong position to regain that competition.

Also I see in the World Cricket League games, Scotland v Canada was washed out yesterday and it could be a 2nd washout tomorrow which would be a blow to the Scots hopes of qualifying.

Stuck my head in for a couple of hours during the Afghan innings. I thought there was no hope of a result here but some great bowling and fielding from Ireland gives them hope for tomorrow.

With the chance of rain tomorrow afternoon I hope they will declare early tomorrow after building quickly to a lead of 120ish. If they can be as good in the field as they were today there is a chance of a result and some much needed points.

I just hope the rain after stumps today won't delay play in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Tiernster7

Rain around 7 o clock in dublin was really heavy. Hoping they are determined to get some cricket in early. Slog for 10 overs should have us in a reasonable position

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So a draw in the end, and Scotland beat Canada in a ODI

Damn you weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Pity about the weather all right. I saw the last two hours or so and although Ireland took some wickets near the end the game just sort of petered out in the end. Some nice bowling by the lads

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 vutshuvo

Ireland team is best rather than non-test playing country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 vutshuvo

Ireland if stronger team rather than afganistan

Advertisement